Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BBC2 NI Moving to a Vertical Transponder

BBC2 NI Moving to a Vertical Transponder

Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:14 pm
Forum Regular

campolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant futurecampolife has a brilliant future
Default Re: BBC2 NI Moving to a Vertical Transponder

I too am in inland Alicante area and experience breakups on bbc and itv usually around 9pm. Sometimes this clears in minutes other times an hour or 2.

For bbc1 I go through all the regions for something better but tend to leave it on yorks and lincs as there does not seem to be anything much better.

As for itv1 can anyone tell me the region which is best (strongest) and it's frequency?

Thanks
Old Nov 1st 2010, 12:39 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

If you have a sky card use those ITVs on 11973 v 27.5 2/3 or 12402 v 27.5 2/3 - these are "free to view" channels.

(if you have a sky hd box then you can also find ITV1 HD on 11973!)

If not then ITV1 Channel Islands tends to be the strongest - 10905 v 22 5/6 - this is a "free to air" channel and tends to be the best non sky card ITV1.

You add these to your other channel (services, other channels) using services, 4, add channels.

As you can with C4 - 12480 v 27.5 2/3 and Five 12422 h 27.5 2/3
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:23 am
Just Joined

Phillx is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi The Guy,

Thanks for the help.

While I was in the UK I got an Inverto quad LNB.

What a difference! I have never had full signal and just one bar under full quality ever on my Invacon.

I pulled the cover off the Invacon, and to be fair to it, although I bought it new in 2006, the date of manufacture shows 2003. It's possible it wasn't as new as I thought.

Anyway, as I said, thanks for the help, we can now get TV all day and all night.

Phill
Old Nov 27th 2010, 12:08 pm
Was called something else

The Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond reputeThe Guy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Phillx
What a difference! I have never had full signal and just one bar under full quality ever on my Invacon.
If that is on the sky box signal test screen, then that shows only one frequency of of the 90plus used for UK TV.

Normally it shows the strength of frequency 11778 - and that varies so much during the day (in my area its nice and strong in the morning, but goes weak at 5pm).

If you change the default frequency on your sky box to another, then sometimes the sky test screen shows that frequency. But changing the DT onlyhelps the sky box boot up, and doesnothing to improve reception, as the sky box will override that "manually input" frequency for the correct frequency of the channel you have selected to watch.

So even if you say "have never had full signal and just one bar under full quality" it all dependss which frequency you are comparing it to.

So take that screen with a pinch of salt - it is not accurate.