British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Bathing Season (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/bathing-season-714901/)

EsuriJohn Apr 28th 2011 6:51 am

Bathing Season

Hi all first swim of the year in the pool yesterday. Suppose it would have been as warm tuesday but got really hot yesterday working so decided on a dip to cool off checked the pool temp and it was 21* so went ahead. Usually don't venture in below 16*. Last swim last year was in November although the year before we were in the sea in Monte Gordo and the pool in December! So it looks as if the season this year will be at least March to November and I am going to invest in a Solar Pool cover and that may just make it possible to swim all year. Did try once at 14* but that was just too low gave me lumps in my throat!

MikeJ Apr 28th 2011 8:45 am

Re: Bathing Season

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 9331075)
Hi all first swim of the year in the pool yesterday. Suppose it would have been as warm tuesday but got really hot yesterday working so decided on a dip to cool off checked the pool temp and it was 21* so went ahead. Usually don't venture in below 16*. Last swim last year was in November although the year before we were in the sea in Monte Gordo and the pool in December! So it looks as if the season this year will be at least March to November and I am going to invest in a Solar Pool cover and that may just make it possible to swim all year. Did try once at 14* but that was just too low gave me lumps in my throat!

We were in our pool on 1st April (genuinely) as it was the first day out of hibernation. I also swam in the sea at Isla Cristina the next day and the sea was a good bit warmer than the pool :)

jdr Apr 28th 2011 11:10 am

Originally Posted by John & Kath (Post 9331075)

:rofl: Did the lumps return to their rightful position when you got out ?

EsuriJohn Apr 28th 2011 11:59 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9331403)

After a hot shower all was well!!!

MikeJ Apr 30th 2011 7:07 am

Originally Posted by jdr (Post 9331403)

The water was very clean! :rofl: