Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

pine logs or oak logs

pine logs or oak logs

Old Sep 18th 2011, 1:28 pm
Just Joined

lunabelle26 is an unknown quantity at this point
Question pine logs or oak logs

Hi I live in the near torrievieja and i am looking for help to source out pine logs roughly 1 metre in length untreated or oak . I am looking for 3 cubic metres and having difficulty here and wonder if i can transport them from another area in Spain.
thanks
Old Sep 18th 2011, 3:24 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: pine logs or oak logs

Originally Posted by lunabelle26
Hi I live in the near torrievieja and i am looking for help to source out pine logs roughly 1 metre in length untreated or oak . I am looking for 3 cubic metres and having difficulty here and wonder if i can transport them from another area in Spain.
thanks
As Concierges for the Spanish section of BE we would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let us know if you need any further help.

Rosemary and Graham
Old Sep 18th 2011, 4:01 pm
Forum Regular

Fracman has a spectacular aura aboutFracman has a spectacular aura aboutFracman has a spectacular aura about

lunabelle26,

Perhaps this place maybe a bit too far for you to travel but there is a wood yard close by Colmenar, I have seen plenty of cut pine trunks in this yard that is adjacent to a large pine forest.
If your interested the best directions I can give you is as follows, when you enter Colmenar you have Dia supermarket on your left just before a T junction, at this junction turn right and stay on this road for around 8-10 kms, you shall eventually see the wood yard on your right which is next to a venta. The owner posts his telephone number on the gate just incase he is not present , hope it helps.

Ken
Old Sep 18th 2011, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

Hi
thanks for the quick reply ,We have tried round about where we live and we cant seem even to get close to any logs apart from orange and lemon. Looks like we are going to have to travel
#Cheers
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:02 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

What did you want them for?
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:06 pm
Banned

Perthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to allPerthbum is a name known to all

My post was deleted for some strange reason you asked pine or oak and I replied if you can get oak it is the best for everything including posts building burning etc.
Old Sep 18th 2011, 10:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

fionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond reputefionamw has a reputation beyond repute

I googled Torrevieja venta de lena and found an advertiser which appears to be local (966 area code?) ... link to the ad is http://torrevieja.anuxi.es/vende-len...orrevieja-CIpx
(hope it works)
nb it mentions both pine and oak specifically by name, as well as other stuff.
good luck.
Old Sep 19th 2011, 5:04 pm
Just Joined

oh you are a godsend .I will email them tomorrow when I come back from work and hopefully they will have pine logs

Thank you all for your replies ..We are hosting one of the first Firewaking evening in the costa blanca( walking on hot coals for yourself to manifest your dreams and for empowerment ..Your vision is at the other side and once you walk on the healing coals you can accomplish anything )
But we were having a wee panic as you cant host a firewalk without hot coals.
Cheers I will let you know how I get on

Last edited by Fred James; Sep 19th 2011 at 5:23 pm. Reason: Advertising events is not allowed.
Old Sep 20th 2011, 6:58 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lunabelle26
oh you are a godsend .I will email them tomorrow when I come back from work and hopefully they will have pine logs

Thank you all for your replies ..We are hosting one of the first Firewaking evening in the costa blanca( walking on hot coals for yourself to manifest your dreams and for empowerment ..Your vision is at the other side and once you walk on the healing coals you can accomplish anything )
But we were having a wee panic as you cant host a firewalk without hot coals.
Cheers I will let you know how I get on
Ha Ha! I wonder if it was you lot who unintentionally helped me out many years ago (about 12 yrs) when I lived in a cold, stove-heated house in Hull and a fire-walking convention there was cancelled due to bad weather. My brother-in-law worked for the Hotel where it was going to be held. I was the happy recipient of a back yard full of logs!