Barking dogs

Old Jun 19th 2016, 9:53 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute
Default Barking dogs

We live in Marina Esuri and overlook the villas that front the golf course either side of the 19H resto/bar.

There are several dogs that bark at each other - often at all times of the night. The other night until about 4:30 and started up again around 7 am.One starts and others follow. Sometimes I think they bark at their own echo!

I am pretty sure that these are 'guard dogs' and the owners must be away, so much of the time. If they were at home they would also be 'barking mad' at the noise close by.

The dogs themselves are very cute, but of course they are lonely... looking for attention.

Does anybody else have the same problem in this and other areas? There was a thread a while back about this and the feeling was that leaving dogs all alone - was a form of cruelty, perhaps?

Would anyone agree with that?

Thanks
Jon
Old Jun 19th 2016, 8:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barking dogs

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
We live in Marina Esuri and overlook the villas that front the golf course either side of the 19H resto/bar.

There are several dogs that bark at each other - often at all times of the night. The other night until about 4:30 and started up again around 7 am.One starts and others follow. Sometimes I think they bark at their own echo!

I am pretty sure that these are 'guard dogs' and the owners must be away, so much of the time. If they were at home they would also be 'barking mad' at the noise close by.

The dogs themselves are very cute, but of course they are lonely... looking for attention.

Does anybody else have the same problem in this and other areas? There was a thread a while back about this and the feeling was that leaving dogs all alone - was a form of cruelty, perhaps?

Would anyone agree with that?

Thanks
Jon
Hi Jon. It is a form of cruelty but seems to be very common in Spain I don't know if the equivalent of the RSPCA in Spain has any powers to seize the dogs.

I have a device which emits an ultrasonic sound which is supposed to deter the barking. It worked quite well when we had a couple of barkers right opposite but not sure of its range and whether it would help where you are. You're welcome to borrow it if you put some batteries in it.

BTW I did start a thread about the barking dogs and raised a denunciation via Gesprosur against the main offender. Didn't seem to have any effect, though. You could ask Elizabet if she can help.
Old Jun 20th 2016, 2:05 pm
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Hi Jon. It is a form of cruelty but seems to be very common in Spain I don't know if the equivalent of the RSPCA in Spain has any powers to seize the dogs.

I have a device which emits an ultrasonic sound which is supposed to deter the barking. It worked quite well when we had a couple of barkers right opposite but not sure of its range and whether it would help where you are. You're welcome to borrow it if you put some batteries in it.

BTW I did start a thread about the barking dogs and raised a denunciation via Gesprosur against the main offender. Didn't seem to have any effect, though. You could ask Elizabet if she can help.
Thanks Mike

I may just borrow that device, thanks, though it would point out to countryside and the signal could be weakened.

I remember the barking dog near your home... and co-incidentally your neighbour also bought one of these devices, so the dogs were zapped with 2 sets of ultrasound.

Interesting that it worked.

Last night the barking was there and in addition a dog was howling as in pain! What a racket!

I don't understand the denuncia system, for some people it works well (i.e 19H + multiple denuncia's) for others not. I guess its 'who you know'!!

See you soon, maybe at MC tonight?

Jon

PS COME ON ENGLAND!
Old Jun 20th 2016, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

soyrosa is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jon,
I have one of the villas you're talking about and trust me, we are trying desperately to deal with the issue but the council is basically not interested. We (the community) have called the police, spoken to the owners, told the council... you name it.
I must get one of those ultrasonic devices Mike is talking about for when we're there.
Old Jun 22nd 2016, 9:03 am
BE Positive

Originally Posted by soyrosa
Hi Jon,
I have one of the villas you're talking about and trust me, we are trying desperately to deal with the issue but the council is basically not interested. We (the community) have called the police, spoken to the owners, told the council... you name it.
I must get one of those ultrasonic devices Mike is talking about for when we're there.
The problem with the development is that any sounds echoes around, and we all hear it.

Thanks for the update about the complaints you have made. I cant believe someone is living in the villas with that racket in their gardens, and so the animals are left alone and out.

Looking at the horses and donkeys tied up in the heat, I get the feeling that the 'animal rights' movement isn't so strong in Spain.

Jon
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

glaisboy is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been awake since 6 am by a dog barking it is now 8:30 am and fair play he is still going for gold.Ironically it is not a dog from Las Colinas but the adjacent farm (at least that's where the sound is coming from).I just wonder are people deaf or do they think it's a thing of beauty.I m at a loss.
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 1:20 pm
BE Positive

Originally Posted by glaisboy
I have been awake since 6 am by a dog barking it is now 8:30 am and fair play he is still going for gold.Ironically it is not a dog from Las Colinas but the adjacent farm (at least that's where the sound is coming from).I just wonder are people deaf or do they think it's a thing of beauty.I m at a loss.
That's why I have mentioned that the dogs must be left alone a lot. I don't see how its possible to live and SLEEP right next to that racket. I also wonder if its a sort of 'cruelty' to them as well.

Who knows, but I bet if you went to the farm - youd find the owners not there (just a guess)

Jon
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 8:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

olivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really niceolivia is just really nice

Bad here at the moment too!! Atic flat 'Mirador de Fentasanta' behind Mercadona. English girl just moved in. Works at Language school. 2 dogs never get walked. The mind boggles what she is doing with the s**t one massive one runs up and down our roof crying and barking at neighbours dogs when she is out working and clubbing then barks like crazy when she comes in at 4am. Don't pin it all on the Spanish!
Old Jun 23rd 2016, 10:15 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to allKath Las Colinas is a name known to all

It's probably the bloke on the corner who has 6 dogs. The sound echoes across the valley then you get it in duplicate followed by the first ones barking at their own echo.

PS I walked past your place a couple of times but no sign of you. There is a car with a UK plate in the carpark, is it you?
Kx