Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Barcelona Staion to Airport

Barcelona Staion to Airport

Old May 17th 2014, 8:55 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Barcelona Staion to Airport

Arriving at Barcelona by train from Valencia which is the best way to get to the airport.

If an over night stay is needed before flying out any suggestions for a convenient hotel would be appreciated
Old May 17th 2014, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcelona Staion to Airport

Have a look at the Barcelona tourism web site - it has the answer to both your questions:

http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com
Old May 18th 2014, 7:58 pm
Banned

Catalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of lightCatalonian is a glorious beacon of light

A few points which might assist you-

1.Barcelona airport has two distinct terminals,Terminal 1 (New Terminal) and Terminal 2(Old Terminal).There are shuttle buses ("lanzadores") between the two but these are separate terminals and it is essential to ascertain from which terminal you are departing and make appropriate arrangements to get there

2.If you are travelling directly from Barcelona city to airport (i.e.without overnight stay) you should alight from Valencia train at Sants railway station.
You can then get a train from Sants to Terminal 2 railway station.On arrival there,if you are flying from Terminal 2 you walk across an elevated passageaway and arrive directly at security check positions leading to departure gates
If youare flying from Terminal 1,you must descend and exit from Terminal 2 building and catch the next departing shuttle bus from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1.There is no direct rail link between Barcelona city and Terminal 1
When you alight at Sants you have the option of catching a taxi directly to desired terminal if time is pressing

3.If you decide to stay overnight and to travel from central Barcelona to airport,the best option is to use the blue aerobus which departs from Placa de Catalunya.These are clearly marked with Terminal 1 and 2 destinations-you simply board and arrive directly at desired terminal.You can also catch tha airport train at Passeig de Gracia station in central Barcelona,which travels to Sants and on to Terminal 2 as earlier described,but bus is better option from central Barcelona

4.I use the Hotel Caledonian and Hotel Gravina for overnight stays in Barcelona -efficient,well-located,not particularly interesting or luxurious but they have tended to offer the best value when i have doing my researches in advance of my trips
Old May 18th 2014, 10:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

Michael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond reputeMichael74 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Catalonian
A few points which might assist you-

1.Barcelona airport has two distinct terminals,Terminal 1 (New Terminal) and Terminal 2(Old Terminal).There are shuttle buses ("lanzadores") between the two but these are separate terminals and it is essential to ascertain from which terminal you are departing and make appropriate arrangements to get there

2.If you are travelling directly from Barcelona city to airport (i.e.without overnight stay) you should alight from Valencia train at Sants railway station.
You can then get a train from Sants to Terminal 2 railway station.On arrival there,if you are flying from Terminal 2 you walk across an elevated passageaway and arrive directly at security check positions leading to departure gates
If youare flying from Terminal 1,you must descend and exit from Terminal 2 building and catch the next departing shuttle bus from Terminal 2 to Terminal 1.There is no direct rail link between Barcelona city and Terminal 1
When you alight at Sants you have the option of catching a taxi directly to desired terminal if time is pressing

3.If you decide to stay overnight and to travel from central Barcelona to airport,the best option is to use the blue aerobus which departs from Placa de Catalunya.These are clearly marked with Terminal 1 and 2 destinations-you simply board and arrive directly at desired terminal.You can also catch tha airport train at Passeig de Gracia station in central Barcelona,which travels to Sants and on to Terminal 2 as earlier described,but bus is better option from central Barcelona

4.I use the Hotel Caledonian and Hotel Gravina for overnight stays in Barcelona -efficient,well-located,not particularly interesting or luxurious but they have tended to offer the best value when i have doing my researches in advance of my trips
Catalonian, what an absolute gem of information, thank you so very much. It answers any misgivings we may have had for this transfer.

The Hotel information could be very useful as looking at flights to Australia with Singapore Airlines it seems as tho a flight at 1025 is likely to be our first choice so travelling up from Valencia an overnight stay will probably be necessary

Many thanks.