Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Barcelona to Malaga , by hired car , May 2008

Barcelona to Malaga , by hired car , May 2008

Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:38 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of
Default Barcelona to Malaga , by hired car , May 2008

Hi ,
we think we might want to try the said trip , as above
( almost booked ) ;
any helpful hints/suggestions/advice : much welcome & appreciated !
Thanxxxxx
R.
Old Mar 29th 2008, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Location: Finally now living in Lo Marabu, Rojales, and it feels like home
andyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond reputeandyrich666 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Barcelona to Malaga , by hired car , May 2008

Originally Posted by Ray51
Hi ,
( almost booked ) ;
Thanxxxxx
R.
I have done it to Cadiz in the past, and last year done Reus to Murcia, was a lot quicker than I thought, landed in the morning and got the motor, hit Valencia in real quick time and then I think It was free motorway all the way after.

I reckon you could have easily got as far as Almeria without a further break and maybe even as far a Malaga that day.

Im not sure what you want to hear, is it a easy drive, yes,

Are you looking to do it in one hit though or is it a stop start journey with stays down the costas' ?
Old Mar 29th 2008, 10:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

Econ has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond reputeEcon has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray51
Hi ,
( almost booked ) ;
Thanxxxxx
R.
About 10 hours is what it has taken me on the couple of times I have done it over the last few years, that's constant driving 'in a decent car' apart from a short stop for petrol and a snack. If you are in a Corsa it might take a little longer.

I suggest not just going A to B, there are a few towns that are worth stopping at or passing through along the way, in fact you could very easily turn it into a 4 or 5 day trip if you stopped in a few places like Sitges, Valencia, Benidorm, Alicante, Almeria, Sierra de Alamilla, Old film sets in Tabernas, Calahorra, Guadix, Granada (to name but a few) in between. Some of these places might not be as appealing as others but if you haven't been there and you are not in a rush then it would be a shame to just drive them by.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

keddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant futurekeddyboy has a brilliant future

997kms Barcelona to Malaga via Granada on Autovia System.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 12:51 pm
Just Joined

sandyj is an unknown quantity at this point

We have recently driven from Moraira, to La Manga, going by the N332, and returning by the Autoroute, the difference will not surprise anyone who has driven the coast roads of the Costa blanca, Costa Calida, It took 5 hours to get there, and just over 2 to get back,
The coast road takes you through villages, and small towns, with lots of places to stop for a drink and food, and if you havent seen Santa Pola/Torrevieja, etc, you might want to , just this once!! You will pay for each section of the motorway, but it really is cheap. a few euros each time. but not much to see, and only a few places to stop. I agree with the writer who said he would make a long journey of it, and stop in lots of little places, I really hope you enjoy your trip.
Sandy
Old Apr 5th 2008, 6:11 pm
Just Joined

Costa Resident is an unknown quantity at this point

Are you looking to travel down as quickly as possible, or are you planning to take your time and do some sightseeing on the way?