Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Banks in Chiclana, Cadiz, Costa de la luz

Banks in Chiclana, Cadiz, Costa de la luz

Old Nov 4th 2005, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Banks in Chiclana, Cadiz, Costa de la luz

Originally Posted by glynis
I did contact HIFX and Currencies Direct. The downside of this for transferring regular direct debits is that you have to pay one months deposit up front and it takes 10 days to get through.

On a different note where is this wonderful Bankiter (sorry about spelling). I am fed up with the charges made by Banca March.
Hi Glynis

The address is:

Bankinter

La Plaza 12-14 11130 Chiclana de la Frontera, Cadiz, Spain.

It's in the centre of Chiclana, near the market square. I don't know how their charges compare with other spanish banks generally - we do get charged for some stuff. It's an internet bank. I'll pm you the name of the account manager to ask for.

Cindy
Old Nov 8th 2005, 3:51 am
Forum Regular

cindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant futurecindyp has a brilliant future
Default Re: Banks in Chiclana, Cadiz, Costa de la luz

Originally Posted by dazzle
Is there a minimum amount? Most make no charge on large amounts but someone who offered the same service on small amounts would be really good.

I don't get charged by Bankinter to receive a transfer from my British Account but of course the Bank here does charge me.
I was quite interested in whether HIFX have a minimum exchange amount. I have an account from when we bought our house and rang HIFX to see whether they will quote on small amounts. I was advised that although they don't specify a minimum amount, for amounts less than about 3,000 euro you are better off with a bank transfer. They don't want to deal with small amounts and whilst they wouldn't refuse it, you'd get a really low rate - I was advised that for something like £200 they would probably offer a non competitive rate, something like of 1.2 euro to the £ which is far lower than a bank. My understanding is that it's just not worth their while to deal with small amounts.