British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Bankinter any good? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/bankinter-any-good-912135/)

Uksp Apr 25th 2018 3:18 pm

Bankinter any good?

Hello,
My solicitor has poa and has said he can open a bankinter ac for me cost of 46 euros pa.
does anyone had any experience of bank inter, ie do they have English app, are there lots of hidden fees etc?
Thanks

missile Apr 26th 2018 4:27 pm

Re: Bankinter any good?

They have lots of small hidden charges.

Do you really need a PoA?

lic Apr 27th 2018 4:41 pm

Originally Posted by missile (Post 12489786)
They have lots of small hidden charges.

Do you really need a PoA?

And their branches are quite well hidden too.
Have a look at sabadell bank expansion account. It has no fees as long as you pay in €700 per month.

lavillegour Apr 28th 2018 11:38 am

Simple answer is NO !

Enormous difficulty accessing their confusing website in English and as an English customer this is what you really need

Otherwise they are similar to other banks who take their fees whenever they wish.

Santander may be better

bxpuser24710519 Apr 28th 2018 8:50 pm

I am with them, no charges, I have a pension account. I can change the Spanish page to English from a link at the bottom if I need too. I used to live near Sevilla which was no problem. Now is not so easy but the manager in Huelva was very helpful indeed when I needed help with a major technical problem. Their system had a glitch.

MikeCaz May 3rd 2018 2:00 am

Originally Posted by lic (Post 12490413)
And their branches are quite well hidden too.
Have a look at sabadell bank expansion account. It has no fees as long as you pay in €700 per month.

I am in a similar situation looking for a user friendly bank so thanks for this recommendation. I had looked through the BBVA website which seems very good to me but as I cannot get past the first layer of material without signing up for an account I have been unable to see if there are any charges or if it is a similar scenario to Sabadell.

Does anyone use BBVA and if so would they give a similar recommendation to Sabadell :fingerscrossed:

Eric S May 7th 2018 1:55 pm

Originally Posted by MikeCaz (Post 12493429)
Does anyone use BBVA and if so would they give a similar recommendation to Sabadell :fingerscrossed:

We have the BBVA online account and I can verify that it really is no fee. We've had it for several years and are quite happy with it. The website works really well and is available in English.

However, it seems like you can only get the online account if you are resident. It doesn't seem to work if you are non-resident.

- Eric S.

MikeCaz May 9th 2018 4:40 am

Thanks for that Eric. The solicitor I am about to use plans to set me up with Sabadell but I think I would prefer BBVA as it looks much like my UK bank, First Direct. and that's a bank I cannot praise enough.