Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Banking Coins in Spain

Banking Coins in Spain

Old Dec 2nd 2005, 10:21 pm
Forum Regular

daveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant futuredaveyboy_daveboy has a brilliant future
Default Banking Coins in Spain

Can someone please enlighten me to the Banking procedures regarding (Coins) here in Spain?
I have been told different things and I am confused.
Old Dec 2nd 2005, 11:31 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Banking Coins in Spain

As I understand it. If you have a large amount of coins to bank, ie from a business etc. Then the bank will make a charge for this service. If however you simply wish to change a relatively small amount of coins eg E50 into notes the best bet is to ask at any local bar or shop. most will be more than happy to receive coins as they are charged for the tubes of change at the banks.
We have always put all our loose change (up to the 20 cent coins) in a large jar and when it's full I take it to the local bar and exchange it for notes. This usually pays our Electricity and water bills

BW.

Originally Posted by daveyboy_daveboy
Can someone please enlighten me to the Banking procedures regarding (Coins) here in Spain?
I have been told different things and I am confused.
Old Dec 5th 2005, 3:44 pm
Costa Blanca Builders

costa blanca builders is an unknown quantity at this point

I have banked coins using money bags supplied by my bank - although they do make a charge ( even though the money went into my account )
Old Dec 6th 2005, 12:39 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Well I have an account with Sol Bank and just take my coins there. They give you these plastic coin holders instead of the bags. They ask if you want the cash or for it to be paid into your account. Best to just ask all the banks, they all seem to do different things.