Bank Accounts

Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bank Accounts

Originally Posted by Amara
Hi pwwm - thanks for your reply - do you have separate cards over there? or is it like here ? ie one card does all - cashpoint/debit and cheque card? thanks again Amara

You have two separate cards. Most banks levy an annual charge for the cards, but its not much. I think I pay EUR7 per half year with SOL Bank.
Make sure you know exactly which cash machines you can use for free withdrawels. Some of the logos are very similar and you can get caught out. Solbank tills are in English

Forgor to mention with sol they also have a help area on their site. Anything you want to ask them you can, including how to get your electrics connected etc etc ... Its extremely useful
Old Feb 8th 2006, 5:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

pwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond reputepwwm has a reputation beyond repute

Another thing to add is that you can change the language on all these machines (for your card) into English and it will remember that, for the next time.
If you are not sure what to look for it is "cambio idioma" will then ask for your chosen language. Makes it just that bit easier.
pwwm
Old Feb 8th 2006, 7:36 pm
Forum Regular

Amara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really niceAmara is just really nice

Thanks for the replies everyone - you have all been great. No doubt I will be asking more questions over the next few weeks leading up to our move out to Spain. There seems to be so much to do in a short space of time, but it's great to get some help on here. Thanks again Amara x
Old Feb 8th 2006, 9:36 pm
Just Joined

sandie1614 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi.
we have been in spain for 12yrs we use banco popular, we wouldnt go anywhere else, we have only been in costa blanca since nov, all the staff know our names, as soon as they see us, we came from grancanaria all the staff there as pleasent as well, they all new us .
good really as we dont go in very often, and nothing is too much trouble, i had my bag stolen in december, stopped cards etc over the phone, the next day the bank was on the phone for me to go in, before i even had the chance to get there. now thats service.
hope this helps u decide.
sandie