Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ballroom Dancing

Ballroom Dancing

Old Sep 25th 2007, 7:33 pm
Forum Regular

mofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the rough
Question Ballroom Dancing

Hi There,
Does anyone know anywhere where they hold Ballroom dances or social dances within travelling distance of Castalla. We are near Onil and about 30 minutes from Alicante. Benidorm or Alicante are possible but I have only found holiday hotels in Benidorm and I dont know if they cater for people who are not on holiday there. Torreiveja is a bit too far to travel.
We don't mind if the dances are for spanish english or anyone, we just want to dance.
Maureen
Old Sep 25th 2007, 10:08 pm
BE Enthusiast

sarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond reputesarahchirles has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ballroom Dancing

Originally Posted by mofieldhouse
Hi There,
Does anyone know anywhere where they hold Ballroom dances or social dances within travelling distance of Castalla. We are near Onil and about 30 minutes from Alicante. Benidorm or Alicante are possible but I have only found holiday hotels in Benidorm and I dont know if they cater for people who are not on holiday there. Torreiveja is a bit too far to travel.
We don't mind if the dances are for spanish english or anyone, we just want to dance.
Maureen

Benidorm? Maybe get in touch with the British Legion?

Might join ya! xx
Old Sep 26th 2007, 8:11 am
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Kaktus Hotel in Albir just outside Benidorm has a couple singing every evening up to 11.00 and everyone gets up to dance. We often go and watch and have a drink as the bar is nicely air conditioned. The only thing I would say is that they do the same set every night - but very popular.

Also I remember seeing during the winter months a large bar right on the corner of Levante beach which held tea dances in the afternoon.

Made me want to buy a pair of dancing shoes and get my medals out that I had earned dancing as a child.

xx
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:04 am
Forum Regular

mofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the roughmofieldhouse is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by sarahchirles
Benidorm? Maybe get in touch with the British Legion?

Might join ya! xx
Ta might just do that. Do you have any contact details for them?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 11:07 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SueG
Kaktus Hotel in Albir just outside Benidorm has a couple singing every evening up to 11.00 and everyone gets up to dance. We often go and watch and have a drink as the bar is nicely air conditioned. The only thing I would say is that they do the same set every night - but very popular.

Also I remember seeing during the winter months a large bar right on the corner of Levante beach which held tea dances in the afternoon.

Made me want to buy a pair of dancing shoes and get my medals out that I had earned dancing as a child.

xx
Hi there,
Ta for this information. You know our friends Kev and Linda who also live in Castalla. Infact she got me onto this site. We haven't got any medals but we do enjoy the dancing. Albir is a little bit far for us but we migh go and perhaps stay the night somewhere near. Do you know anywhere?
Old Oct 1st 2007, 2:52 pm
BE Forum Addict

SueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond reputeSueG has a reputation beyond repute

Hi there,
Ta for this information. You know our friends Kev and Linda who also live in Castalla. Infact she got me onto this site. We haven't got any medals but we do enjoy the dancing. Albir is a little bit far for us but we migh go and perhaps stay the night somewhere near. Do you know anywhere?
Don't worry the medals were in my early teens!! Have a look at the Katus website - it looks a nice place to stay. If not try a hotel in Benidorm and then catch the number 10 bus to Albir.

You will have to come with Kev and Linda next time we meet so then we will know four people in Spain!!!!!!!
Old Oct 1st 2007, 4:21 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SueG
You will have to come with Kev and Linda next time we meet so then we will know four people in Spain!!!!!!!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 4:37 pm
Forum Regular

Just to say that we have found a place to dance!! It is in Ibi and we are learning salsa, tango, merengue and pasa doble. All the instructions are in spanish so we get a spanish practise too. It is every Friday from 9:30 pm to 11:30 pm so we are getting lots of exercise too. So far we are loving it.
Anton du Bec eat your heart out!!
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Just to say that we have found a place to dance!! It is in Ibi and we are learning salsa, tango, merengue and pasa doble. All the instructions are in spanish so we get a spanish practise too. It is every Friday from 9:30 pm to 11:30 pm so we are getting lots of exercise too. So far we are loving it.
Anton du Bec eat your heart out!!
Good for you
Old Dec 9th 2007, 10:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

learning salsa, tango, merengue and pasa doble.

Now ........ you'll have to explain that one for me please
Old Dec 10th 2007, 5:54 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
I like mine sticky and chewy, with sliced grapes and whipped cream on.

Oh no that`s the wrong one, HERE

Last edited by jdr; Dec 10th 2007 at 5:57 am.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 8:01 am
Forum Regular

We're not doing the pavlova variety!!! (although come to think of it she was a dancer) I might have spelt it wrong too but I'm sure that's how it was spelt on the ad we saw for the dance classes. Any way it is good fun.
Old Dec 10th 2007, 10:44 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

We're not doing the pavlova variety!!! (although come to think of it she was a dancer) I might have spelt it wrong too but I'm sure that's how it was spelt on the ad we saw for the dance classes. Any way it is good fun.
You spelt it right, click on my link.;-))
Old Dec 11th 2007, 7:02 pm
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Its a simpler version of Salsa...an easy one two beat with no held beats..very easy to learn. I think most Spanish towns have dances and classes if one makes the effort to look. I know there are many Salsa classes on the Costa de la Luz, and there is a certain beach bar in Chiclana where they often descend in the summer and are terrific dancers.
Old Dec 11th 2007, 8:27 pm
Forum Regular

our dance teachers (in England and in Spain) explained it that Merengue is a lot of arms and not much legs, Mambo is a lot of legs and not much arms and Salsa is a mixture of both. All great fun and good exercise for us who are not very sporty

Last edited by mofieldhouse; Dec 11th 2007 at 8:28 pm. Reason: spelling mistake