Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Marbella info please

Marbella info please

Old Sep 11th 2017, 12:52 pm
Forum Regular

aidan1980 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Marbella info please

Anyone live or lived or just spend a lot of time round the Sierra Blanca area of Marbella? Had a walk round some urbanisations on the west side above the motorway and it all seemed nice and quiet but you can't really get a grasp of the area just walking about once. Also is there decent fibre broadband round there?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 4:12 pm
Forum Regular

Default Re: Marbella info please

Also is there a way of seeing what planing permission is on a piece of land?
Old Sep 12th 2017, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by aidan1980
Also is there a way of seeing what planing permission is on a piece of land?
The Marbella Town Council ( Ayuntamiento ) should have such information. Start at the building in Orange Square , they should send you to the right department.

http://www.marbella.es/urbanismo/
Old Sep 13th 2017, 3:04 pm
Forum Regular

cheers, had a look but I can't read Spanish and a lot of it couldn't translate. not sure whether you know it or can see but there's quite a large parcel of land next to the Urb Corona De Nagueles in Sierra Blanca which looks prime for development
Old Sep 13th 2017, 3:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Moses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond reputeMoses2013 has a reputation beyond repute

cheers, had a look but I can't read Spanish and a lot of it couldn't translate. not sure whether you know it or can see but there's quite a large parcel of land next to the Urb Corona De Nagueles in Sierra Blanca which looks prime for development
You would need the cadastral number of the land .Where is the land advertised?
Old Sep 13th 2017, 3:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

Loafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond reputeLoafing Along has a reputation beyond repute

Suggest you find a Spanish-speaking friend to accompany you and spend time in the planning department ( the link I sent previously ) As has been pointed out you will need a "cadastral"number - the property reference for the area . I do not know that side of the motorway very well, only venture up there for the Starlite Festival in the old quarry every summer.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:18 pm
Forum Regular

thanks, I'll see what I can find out. Im still in the UK, just came back from another week there where we had a look round some more areas west of marbella this time. On another note noticed this year more Brits out there on 'the con' trying to trick tourists with hard luck stories. Never seen that before
Old Sep 13th 2017, 8:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

thanks, I'll see what I can find out. Im still in the UK, just came back from another week there where we had a look round some more areas west of marbella this time. On another note noticed this year more Brits out there on 'the con' trying to trick tourists with hard luck stories. Never seen that before
Have a look at Guadalmina. Lovely area both beach side and around golf course.
Old Sep 13th 2017, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Loafing Along
Have a look at Guadalmina. Lovely area both beach side and around golf course.
Not far from my friends place in San Pedro, near The Emerald Sports bar if you know it
Old Sep 13th 2017, 9:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

Not far from my friends place in San Pedro, near The Emerald Sports bar if you know it
Yes but generally more pleasant area to be without being too far from everything
Old Oct 1st 2017, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

Doha17 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , just reading your thread . We have just bought an apartment in Casares Beach, West Marbella after looking in the area for about a year . Close to the beach and La Duquesa Marina . Hope you find what you are looking for