Bad Practice?

Old Jan 11th 2021, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Bad Practice?

Hi all,
I'm not in anyway promoting or do I work for this company. I came across the video on youtube.
After spending many hours reading the info you guys share with us I do find this video so wrong. To promote the idea of using the Estate Agents advice on using the Lawyers they recommend seems to be a contradiction of advice we are given on this forum.
The Lawyers should be independent of the Estate Agent. (9th min-10secs in to video)
What do you guys think?
Am i being over zealous?
Keith.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 1:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad Practice?

You are not being over zealous.

We always recommend that people do not use a lawyer that the estate agent tells them about. There are good and bad agents everywhere. Some will believe that they are helping clients by promoting other services such as lawyers whereas we view this practice as dodgy.

I have viewed the video that you refer to and it is a shame that due to our no advertising rule we are not allowed to show it to highlight their bad practice but that is also a good thing because if we did show it some members might believe that what they are saying in their video is alright and therefore we would be misinforming our members and we owe it to them not to do that.

Rosemary

Last edited by Rosemary; Jan 11th 2021 at 1:40 pm.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 1:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

Agree wholeheartedly with Rosemary with over 20 years experience of buying/selling property in Spain I would always recommend an independent qualified professional solicitor to represent your interests - the only time I did not do this (my first purchase, I learnt the hard way) I had many many problems.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 1:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Barriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond reputeBarriej has a reputation beyond repute

When we purchased in Jan 2019 (seems so long ago now) The agent, who is a family friend actually said to us 'I expect you will use your own solicitor, as its quite common for most agents to be in cahoots with one or more?'
He was quite open about it, but said a lot of foreigners (not just brits) were more than happy to put all their eggs in one basket. As they thought that it would make the whole thing go through quicker and easier.

We used the same firm who helped sort our NIE.

And to be honest I have never used anyone recommended by an agent even in the UK.
Old Jan 11th 2021, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keithtoon
Hi all,
I'm not in anyway promoting or do I work for this company. I came across the video on youtube.
After spending many hours reading the info you guys share with us I do find this video so wrong. To promote the idea of using the Estate Agents advice on using the Lawyers they recommend seems to be a contradiction of advice we are given on this forum.
The Lawyers should be independent of the Estate Agent. (9th min-10secs in to video)
What do you guys think?
Am i being over zealous?
Keith.
Theres no link so I cant watch it however if ever an estate agent tell`s you you dont need a lawyer to purchase a property I`d advise you to walk out the door promptly , and of course do not use "their usual lawyer" , a lawyer must be used and they must be independent , ideally from a neighbouring town .
Old Jan 11th 2021, 4:42 pm
Forum Regular

Keithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond reputeKeithtoon has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rosemary,
Did you delete the video or did I forget to send link?
I do understand if you have as you did explain to me.
Regards
Keith
Old Jan 11th 2021, 5:03 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keithtoon
Hi Rosemary,
Did you delete the video or did I forget to send link?
I do understand if you have as you did explain to me.
Regards
Keith
You did not put the link on but as I have said before it is not permissible to show it on here.

Rosemary
Old Jan 11th 2021, 8:26 pm
BE Forum Addict

jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute

In my experience if an estate agent recommends any business to a client it is because they (the agent) stands to gain from the introduction.

Regards

jonboy
Old Jan 12th 2021, 10:41 am
BE Forum Addict

bfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond reputebfg69bug has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jonboy
In my experience if an estate agent recommends any business to a client it is because they (the agent) stands to gain from the introduction.

Regards

jonboy
same as anyone in spain, nobody does anything for free here.
Old Jan 12th 2021, 11:03 am
Forum Regular

If you wish to see video, Search on You Tube...
"How to buy Property in Spain if you are a foreigner. Step by step guide" (Travel Addict Guy)
This video gives contradictory information to what we discuss and agree on this very good forum!
Regards
Keith.