Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Bad Neighbours... Advice Please

Bad Neighbours... Advice Please

Old Feb 26th 2010, 6:35 am
Forum Regular

wilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nicewilki is just really nice
Default Re: Bad Neighbours... Advice Please

do your home work, what do they do for jobs, are they putting down roots, find out about them, they could be a family that always move around, in which case they may be gone sooner than you think.,
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

I remember reading Spain is the noisiest place in Europe so dont live in an apartment or urbanisation if you cant cope with it, the campo is best
Old Feb 26th 2010, 9:42 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Well, the best solution always is to live next to people making a good living selling stolen goods, because good fences make good neighbours.......

Seriously, this is an appalling problem, and you have my deepest sympathies. Bad neighbours are possible the vilest thing to have to deal with.

Me, I would have gone round (or written if I feared a punch in the mouth) and pointed out that unless I got my stuff back, I would be forced to bring in the law tooty sweety. It's a drastic step, because it would sour relations and risk retaliation, but if you don't, you risk them seeing you as a doormat who will put up with any abuse.

I would also make sure that all the neighbours knew what the state of play was, and make it very difficult for anyone to cross over the roof, using razor wire if necessary in an obvious demonstration of resistance.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Well, the best solution always is to live next to people making a good living selling stolen goods, because good fences make good neighbours.......

Seriously, this is an appalling problem, and you have my deepest sympathies. Bad neighbours are possible the vilest thing to have to deal with.

Me, I would have gone round (or written if I feared a punch in the mouth) and pointed out that unless I got my stuff back, I would be forced to bring in the law tooty sweety. It's a drastic step, because it would sour relations and risk retaliation, but if you don't, you risk them seeing you as a doormat who will put up with any abuse.
I would also make sure that all the neighbours knew what the state of play was, and make it very difficult for anyone to cross over the roof, using razor wire if necessary in an obvious demonstration of resistance.

Absolutley.
Old Feb 26th 2010, 2:30 pm
Small member

Location: Born in Barnsley, now in Stoke, heading to Cavafria
evilroyslade is an unknown quantity at this point

As with other posters, you have my deepest sympathies on your situation. I have not had to deal with anything like that since I was a child, but I still remember how horrible it was. As with so many things, it is the inconsiderate minority that spoil it for the majority of caring, "normal" people.
I hope you get it sorted out.