Bad neighbor!

Old Feb 19th 2014, 4:44 pm
Banned

NickReve is an unknown quantity at this point
Unhappy Bad neighbor!

Hi all
I have a neighbor who has several dogs. The dogs bark all the time, even in the middle of the night. This is of course very disturbing. Another thing is, the dog poop. They don't clean this right away and it's there for us to see. This is really disgusting. Please tell me what to do. Any body has had this problem and if yes, how you deal with it. It doesn't help to talk to them. I have tried. They don't even take the dogs out. They are always in the garden. I appreciate all the help. Thanks!
Old Feb 19th 2014, 5:02 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Bad neighbor!

Welcome to Iberia.
Barking dogs is fact of life .
Old Feb 19th 2014, 5:23 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
I have a neighbor who has several dogs. The dogs bark all the time, even in the middle of the night. This is of course very disturbing. Another thing is, the dog poop. They don't clean this right away and it's there for us to see. This is really disgusting. Please tell me what to do. Any body has had this problem and if yes, how you deal with it. It doesn't help to talk to them. I have tried. They don't even take the dogs out. They are always in the garden. I appreciate all the help. Thanks!
As Concierge for the Spanish section of BE I would like to say hello and welcome.

BE is a very large expat website, so if you have problems finding your way around we have concierges who will try to direct you. The moderators for the Spanish forums are Mitzyboy and Fred James, moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderador who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge of the issues of living in Spain. At the top of the page you will find a quirkily named thread called Free Beer which is full of important and useful information. Hope you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2014, 5:36 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

Talk to your neighbour about it if you have not already tried that. They may not be remotely interested in doing anything about though. In fact they may wonder what is wrong with you as they probably can't hear.... filtered it out like all the other noise. The decibels that seem to be tolerated here are deafening.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 5:38 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
Nick,

Please email me via the Contact Us page and let me know an alternate username you wish to use. Not a good idea to use your username it will get picked up by spam bots.

Oh and welcome to BE!
Old Feb 19th 2014, 6:01 pm
EMR
Banned

EMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond reputeEMR has a reputation beyond repute

We used to hear everything as neighbours have dogs, chickens, ducks, turkeys etc.
So tuned in to the dogs have we become that we know when someone is walking past a house about 1km away.
Our local neighbours complain to us about the noise " other dogs "make. they cleary never hear theirs.
Old Feb 19th 2014, 7:40 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

One of my neighbours took in a stray dog and then worried about the noise it was making so chatted to those nearby and they all shrugged their shoulders and said "dogs bark".

Rosemary
Old Feb 19th 2014, 10:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

I have always said that the Spanish must have an extra gene in their make up that enables them to hold a conversation with someone at the opposite end of a noisy crowded bar, whilst us mere mortals can't hear a word spoken by a companion standing two feet away.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 1:47 am
BE Forum Addict

megmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond reputemegmet has a reputation beyond repute

I would just like to apologise for the comment made by "TheLostPhotographer"
Take no notice of him, he can't help being a bit of a pratt.

About the dogs...this is Spain, dogs bark and the Spanish just don't hear them, you will get used to it!
Old Feb 20th 2014, 2:35 am
Banned

NickReve is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Re: Bad neighbor!

Originally Posted by megmet

About the dogs...this is Spain, dogs bark and the Spanish just don't hear them, you will get used to it!
My neighbor isn't Spanish. They are from London. That's the problem. Have been living here for 5-6 years and have had no problems with Spanish people. LOL! Maybe that guy is my neighbor!! hehehe.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 2:48 am
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by [email protected]
My neighbor isn't Spanish. They are from London. That's the problem. Have been living here for 5-6 years and have had no problems with Spanish people. LOL! Maybe that guy is my neighbor!! hehehe.
Nick I am sorry to take this thread off topic but please use the Contact Us link and let me know a new username you wish to change your current one too. Honestly you are getting to get inundated with spam from spam bots otherwise.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

TheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond reputeTheLostPhotographer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by megmet

You might be a little more polite than myself, but that is pretty much what I said.

I was censored for no good reason
Old Feb 20th 2014, 7:18 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TheLostPhotographer

I was censored for no good reason
It was censored for a very good reason, it broke the site rules.

Do it again and you won't be with us for much longer.

If you want to discuss it further please PM as per site rules.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 7:46 pm
BE Enthusiast

Relampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond reputeRelampago has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EMR
Welcome to Iberia.
Barking dogs is fact of life .
I live in a neighborhood where many residents have pets, such as dogs, and I don't hear barking of night. I believe this man has the misfortune to have as a neighbor to a bad people, but that may also be applicable to the UK or any other country. And of my country land, I say exactly the same

The rest are prejudices yours

Last edited by Relampago; Feb 20th 2014 at 7:53 pm.
Old Feb 20th 2014, 8:55 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Relampago
I live in a neighborhood where many residents have pets, such as dogs, and I don't hear barking of night. I believe this man has the misfortune to have as a neighbor to a bad people, but that may also be applicable to the UK or any other country. And of my country land, I say exactly the same

The rest are prejudices yours
Noisy dogs certainly can be a problem in the UK, though in my experience nothing like as common as in Spain where it is much more common practice for large, fearsome noisy dogs to be used to guard properties.

Although it is not always a simple, speedy process, in the UK the authorities will act to put an end to the problem, once it is clearly proven.

I have not heard of similar preventative action being common practice in Spain, if it happens at all, though others may have more information on this ?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.