Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

BA withdraw flights from London to Seville

BA withdraw flights from London to Seville

Old Jun 13th 2006, 2:26 pm
Just Joined

lindacooper147 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default BA withdraw flights from London to Seville

BA have just announced the withdrawal of this route operated by GB Airways from the end of October 2006. This will impact anybody who travels to the Costa de la Luz as this was one of the cheapest options for travel to that area. I have flights in August for £49 return - won't see that again unless a lot of people pressure BA to reinstate the route. Don't understand why it has been axed as every time I have used this route the flight has been full!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 2:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: BA withdraw flights from London to Seville

Hi lindacooper,

We have 3 flights booked with Ryanair out of Stansted on Saturday at £30 pp all inclusive all taxes and luggage, This is the second time Ryanair have come out cheapest via Seville rather than all the others to Faro.

The car hire is cheap at Seville as well but the journey at the other end is 30 mins longer.

I guess that is why BA have called it a day. Perhaps Easyjet will take up the reins from Luton I hope so!

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by lindacooper147
BA have just announced the withdrawal of this route operated by GB Airways from the end of October 2006. This will impact anybody who travels to the Costa de la Luz as this was one of the cheapest options for travel to that area. I have flights in August for £49 return - won't see that again unless a lot of people pressure BA to reinstate the route. Don't understand why it has been axed as every time I have used this route the flight has been full!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 2:46 pm
Just Joined

Hi John
Problem with Ryanair is that they are only cheap outside of school holidays! Every time we have looked BA have been cheaper in school holidays (I am a teacher) so this is a blow to everyone with kids! I have 4 flights booked with BA to Seville up until October (I must be on their last flight out of Seville on 26 October) and have only found Ryanair cheaper when we did a quick weekend in May on our completion. We also live half an hour from Heathrow and an hour from Gatwick - Stansted is a role slog! Maybe Easyjet might take this route up and fly out of Gatwick?
Regards
Linda
Old Jun 13th 2006, 2:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: BA withdraw flights from London to Seville

Hi lindacooper,

You have my heartfelt sympathy, Kath has just finished her 40th year as a teacher but we are on "Supply" now so we choose!

We are the other side Luton is nearest then LHR with Stansted 1hr away but with youngest son to Taxi it does not make that much difference.

Rayanair have announced that they are to cut back at Stansted and develop further elsewhere so you might find they take on the LGW Seville route.

Regards,

John
Hi John
Problem with Ryanair is that they are only cheap outside of school holidays! Every time we have looked BA have been cheaper in school holidays (I am a teacher) so this is a blow to everyone with kids! I have 4 flights booked with BA to Seville up until October (I must be on their last flight out of Seville on 26 October) and have only found Ryanair cheaper when we did a quick weekend in May on our completion. We also live half an hour from Heathrow and an hour from Gatwick - Stansted is a role slog! Maybe Easyjet might take this route up and fly out of Gatwick?
Regards
Linda
Old Jun 13th 2006, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

No no no - we want flights from regional airports to the area, we have at least a 3 hour drive to London Airports.

Ryanair have made East Midlands a base recently so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there!!
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Smile Re: BA withdraw flights from London to Seville

Hi dazzle.

Nottingham East Midlands would suit us just fine about 1 hr from MK, or Birmingham again about 1 hr, but the more diverse the no of places having flights to Faro/Seville the better it is for the rental market.

Regards,

John.
Originally Posted by dazzle
No no no - we want flights from regional airports to the area, we have at least a 3 hour drive to London Airports.

Ryanair have made East Midlands a base recently so I'm keeping my fingers crossed there!!

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Jun 13th 2006 at 4:20 pm.
Old Jun 13th 2006, 4:49 pm
Just Joined

I quite agree - the more flights available the better for rental. We plan to rent out our house in Vejer and the more options for people the easier it will be to rent it out. We also have the option of Gibraltar and Jerez but there are only a couple of flights a day. Iberia also fly to Seville from Heathrow but trying to work out their pricing structure on their website is not easy and their flight times are a bit antisocial!
Linda
Old Jun 13th 2006, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

yes , sad news BA last flight 28th October , believe is something to do with the reorganisation of BA/GB Airways and BA Connect , BA Connect their cheap brand but unfortuneatley doesn't fly south of Madrid .(yet)

BA were competing with Ryanair and will obviously mean more people looking at Ryanair seats which will mean higher prices , this is on top of the recent trend of CDS travellers heading to Jerez with Ryanair due to the lower prices and the new motorway connection ,and higher fuel costs, at present Ryanair have the CDL route sewn up (not the far west with the Faro option) , don't need further Ryanair flights need competition . Ryanair will always have headline cheap seats available , probably in lesser numbers in future but overall i think will be paying more especially at peak times .
Old Jun 13th 2006, 8:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

CAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud ofCAROL ELIZABETH has much to be proud of

Really sorry to hear this - it seems we are all really quite dependent upon these low cost flights - we often wonder when this bubble might burst. We northerners are quite envious of your access to cheap flights however as it is hard to match the costs - we live in Leeds and think we are lucky having Jet2 - however our Faro flights are rarely less than £125 each with taxes and they are booked a long way ahead - although this is largely from Easter through to October. I have not really explored the winter months yet. I have to go to Manchester to get a few pounds off but that is often not worth it when you add in cost of trains/car parking etc. Thomson have started running flights to Faro from Doncaster - they look much cheaper but out of school holidays etc. We have to go to Liverpool for trips to Seville but some bargains are to be had here so I think it might be one we will explore if it really is a bargain. Have not seen any bargains with BA - in fact quite a lot of their flights from Manchester are not direct - some even require an overnighter at Gatwick! if you were to use them - and the cost is more! Anyone who knows of good routes/companies flying from the north please let me know.

Carol
Old Jun 13th 2006, 10:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

CAROL ELIZABETH
You will not beat Ryanair Liverpool to Seville anywhere in the north. Sign up with them to receive e-mails and you will get notification of all the special offers. I never pay more than £50 ret incl even in July/August.
In the winter months you can halve this easily. The cheapest so far was £14
We are around half an hour further away than you, and it is still worth the drive to Liverpool, passing Manchester on the way.

regards
BW.
Old Jun 14th 2006, 9:51 pm
Forum Regular

j0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant futurej0197 has a brilliant future

Ryan Air is cheap, but now they are charging for each bit of luggage. 7.50€ per item.

Next week I got 3 tickets from jerez to stanstead 330euros all of us. I did find 3 tickets for 171 euros but the times werent good for us. Its going to be hour and half to jerez from us so lets see how it goes.

The same dates from Malaga with monarch or easyjet was coming in at around 600euros. With savings of 300€ or more, its got to be worth an extra 45 minutes each way...hasn´t it?
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:27 pm
Forum Regular

Mourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really niceMourinho is just really nice

Ryanair do have a true sale on at present flights for June , July , August September , October to Jerez in present climate are extraordinarily cheap ,
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mourinho
Ryanair do have a true sale on at present flights for June , July , August September , October to Jerez in present climate are extraordinarily cheap ,
They have a blackout period of 15 July - 31 August for this offer - in other words the school summer holidays! If you want to go on a Saturday their flights are over £100 one way and there is tax on top of that!
Old Jun 15th 2006, 7:44 pm
BE Enthusiast

dazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to alldazzle is a name known to all

They have a blackout period of 15 July - 31 August for this offer - in other words the school summer holidays! If you want to go on a Saturday their flights are over £100 one way and there is tax on top of that!
But some of the midweek flights are quite cheap in the school holidays.
Old Jun 15th 2006, 9:15 pm
Forum Regular

Look before you leap ! , what about the £7.99 and £19.99 august flights !

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.