Reload this Page >

The Ayamonte Photograph Album

The Ayamonte Photograph Album

Old Dec 24th 2010, 9:55 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Ayamonte Photograph Album

Originally Posted by MikeJ
Some photos from a trip to Rio Tinto in September.
Have we been standing next to each other? : http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...l&ppuser=49176
Old Dec 25th 2010, 6:12 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jur
Have we been standing next to each other? : http://britishexpats.com/photopost/s...l&ppuser=49176
No

Old Dec 25th 2010, 6:15 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by neilmarks
Mike,

You need to drastically reduce the size of images when you post them. They are between 1MB and 4MB which is far too large for web use. They really only need to be around 100KB to 200KB (ie, around 1/20 of the size that you have posted). They will load much faster that way.

regards

Neil
And a Merry Xmas to you too!
Old Dec 25th 2010, 7:49 am
Just Joined

neilmarks is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeJ
And a Merry Xmas to you too!
Mike,

Apologies if you misunderstood the tone of my last post. I was only trying to help you and all the visitors to the forum understand the technicalities of sending images electronically.

If you don't have any software to reduce image size there are various free products available like PICASA and GIMP which will do the job for you. Also, the PAINT program which comes with Windows will also do the job, albeit in a fairly rudimentary way.

Posting full size images straight out of the camera takes much longer for viewers to see them because of the large file sizes. A typical 8-10mega pixel camera, for example, will produce images that are at least 3000 pixels wide. As the typical computer screen is only running at around 1000-1200 pixels in width, you are actually sending an image that is much larger than it needs to be!. So, by reducing the image's physical size from say, 2-3MB (million bytes), to around 100KB (thousand bytes) will will still produce an image that will view well on a computer screen but will download much faster.

I hope that helps

Neil (and a merry xmas to YOU too!!)
Old Dec 25th 2010, 9:56 am
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

[QUOTE=neilmarks;9060013]

If you don't have any software to reduce image size there are various free products available like PICASA and GIMP which will do the job for you. Also, the PAINT program which comes with Windows will also do the job, albeit in a fairly rudimentary way.

Posting full size images straight out of the camera takes much longer for viewers to see them because of the large file sizes. A typical 8-10mega pixel camera, for example, will produce images that are at least 3000 pixels wide. As the typical computer screen is only running at around 1000-1200 pixels in width, you are actually sending an image that is much larger than it needs to be!. So, by reducing the image's physical size from say, 2-3MB (million bytes), to around 100KB (thousand bytes) will will still produce an image that will view well on a computer screen but will download much faster.

QUOTE]

Thank Neil

I am grateful for this and will find it useful.

Unas Felices Navidades y todo mejor para el 2011!

Steve
Old Dec 25th 2010, 1:09 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: The Ayamonte Photograph Album

Originally Posted by neilmarks
Mike,

Apologies if you misunderstood the tone of my last post. I was only trying to help you and all the visitors to the forum understand the technicalities of sending images electronically.

I hope that helps

Neil (and a merry xmas to YOU too!!)
No offence taken by anyone us silver surfers need step by step instruction on this.
Old Dec 26th 2010, 6:40 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond reputeMikeJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by John & Kath
No offence taken by anyone us silver surfers need step by step instruction on this.
Look at post 120 on this thread!!!
Old Dec 27th 2010, 9:08 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Peace & Prosperity in 2011
Attached Thumbnails The Ayamonte Photograph Album-paloma-blanca-cropped-x-2-plaza-de-la-ribera.jpg  
Old Dec 27th 2010, 7:04 pm
Jur

Jur is an unknown quantity at this point

Dec.26th.........
Attached Thumbnails The Ayamonte Photograph Album-dsc00218.jpg   The Ayamonte Photograph Album-dsc00213.jpg   The Ayamonte Photograph Album-dsc00199.jpg  
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:30 am
Just Joined

Ayamonte Trawler by night.
Neil
Attached Thumbnails The Ayamonte Photograph Album-ayamonte-fishing-boat.jpg  
Old Jan 3rd 2011, 10:52 am
Just Joined

Hi everyone,

Following the recent posts about image size, I thought it might help to write a short post on my own blog which hopefully explains the problem and how to easily resize an image.

It can be seen here.

The image above is Esuri West Course.
Neil
Attached Thumbnails The Ayamonte Photograph Album-esurigolf.jpg  
Old Jan 14th 2011, 3:24 pm
Just Joined

A "Treehouse" unlike any other.
Cabanas, January 2011.
Neil
Attached Thumbnails The Ayamonte Photograph Album-_dsc0753_dxo_copy.jpg  
Old Jan 15th 2011, 7:23 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Neil that is very interesting thank you!

Another easy and very quick way to compress multiple photos that Ive found (With Windows XP, Vista and Win7) is to
  1. Open the folder where the photo(s) are,
  2. Select all the photos that you want to send, by holding the CTRL key down whilst clicking on each photo
  3. When you have made your selection, right click on one of the selected photos.
  4. A dialog box appears and you chose 'SEND TO'.
  5. Then you choose 'mail recipient'
  6. Then another box appears and you have a choice of how compressed the photos are. For normal photos = 'snaps' for all emailing and for photos I upload to this forum - I choose the smallest one.
  7. Send it

It seems like many steps but it takes seconds. I sometimes send myself the photos like this and I save the compressed ones. This saves using other software as well. Also I can do multiple photos immediately this way...saving a lot of time doing it separately with another progamme.

Of course the full size photo (as you well know) is great when you want to zoom in as you still have a lot of detail and also I like to crop photos within the big file. I zoom into a face (say) and again using microsoft windows tools make a new photo. This is done by right clicking on the photo and choosing 'preview' and you will see the tools at the top allowing you to drag a box which is the same dimensions as the photo and make a cut. You get e.g more natural face shots this way I think. This expands/zooms the small area you have chosen and makes a new full size photo.

You couldn't do this on a very compressed photo. You need the original

Sadly this feature seems to have gone in Windows 7 - and it bugs me! As it was so good to do everything I wanted in windows... as a non techie, photo-layman! It can be found with extra clicks by right clicking on the selected photo(s) and choose 'preview' (as before) and now choose 'open' then choose 'Microsoft Office picture manager'. Im guessing that you also need MS Office for this -whereas before it was in Windows. I have office so this still works fine for me personally. And again is a very quick method of doing many photos.... great for emailing a bunch of eg holiday snaps to friends.

Thanks and Neil, you are a professional photographer, not trying to tell you stuff you already know... this is more for other lay-people like me.

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jan 15th 2011 at 7:26 am.
Old Jan 21st 2011, 2:09 pm
Just Joined

Misty Bridge.
Neil
Attached Thumbnails The Ayamonte Photograph Album-misty-bridge-copy.jpg  
Old Mar 7th 2011, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

For those of you who missed it here are a few snaps from Ayamonte Carnival yesterday :-
Attached Thumbnails The Ayamonte Photograph Album-carnival-mar-2011-053.jpg   The Ayamonte Photograph Album-carnival-mar-2011-052.jpg   The Ayamonte Photograph Album-carnival-mar-2011-055.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.