Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Old Dec 24th 2006, 1:59 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Hi All,

Heres a plea to any Esurians in residence over christmas and new year.

For all of us deprived wannabee still beached in dear old Blighty take your cameras on the post lunch walk and post a few shots of the site and the clubhouse and include lots of azure blue sky.

Thanks in anticipation John.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 3:20 pm
BE Enthusiast

Steve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really niceSteve and Pat is just really nice

Hola Amigos

Feliz Navidad to all fellow Esurians - even those who have been taking advantage of the free golf until today, while I'm looking out at a bleak cold grey English day. I promise I won't hold it against you - much.

We are both looking forward to seeing some of you in the clubhouse when we are next out in February.

Steve and Pat

PS Notice the improved spelling? It's because Pat is looking over my shoulder.
Old Dec 24th 2006, 11:06 pm
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Merry Christmas to All and to All a Good Night!

Felices Navidades!

Carol&John
Old Dec 26th 2006, 7:37 pm
Forum Regular

Den H is an unknown quantity at this point

:
Originally Posted by Ned kelly
I am looking for opinion as far as the current community charges by AEA.
I have a 3 bed townhouse which, because it is on the end, results in a higher community charge owing to the co-efficient calculation that is applied.
The community charge does not include any work carried out, on the area, inside my boundry fence, but I pay more because of the area.
So, I think, why should I pay more than the next door neighbour, who also has a 3 bed house but has a smaller garden.
I believe the figure should reflect on the fact that 3 beds results in 6 people and the charges should be set accordingly.
Any views?????
Ned
I had a long talk about the AEA administration and the community fees, with Arther and Pauline. Arther is the RVA 4 (Townhouse) M3 and Inter-community president when we were out in CE last week we also visited AEA offices in Ayamonte, we come back to England on the 22nd for a family Christmas.
In the summer we visited the AEA office as they were trying to charge us for an apartment we did not have, during our visit we also asked for communication to be sent directly to our English property or email, we still did not recieve any information about the community meetings held in September so could not use your proxy vote.
I understand AEA tried to press for a community charge of 110 - 120€ which was challenged by those present and an agreement was made that it would be 50€ for the 4 months to the end of the year. Another meeting would be arranged for January (Now advised Monday 15th January 2007). The actual amount paid is then calculated using the co-efficient of your house, this means that if AEA are not challenged the community fees will be at lease double+ a bit more for luck, I am told this will mean the fees will be between about 80€ for the smallest 2 bed property and 160€ PER MONTH for the 3 bed corner plots. :scared

Reading the minutes of the past meeting in February it seems that you are liable for a 2% charge + other administration fees if you are in debt to the community, I take it you had not been informed until the letter telling you of the community meeting what you were expected to pay and that you were quoted as being in arrears. Many will have paid it by direct debit, is sounds like it is common practice for the solicitor to supply your bank details to the administration company.

For all the facts please contact Arther using the following email address ASAP [email protected] (Arther has confirmed that I can publish his email address and was published by Sam earlier this month).

PLEASE: if you do nothing else today at least email Arther and get the facts on this and other issues, let someone attending the meeting know your thoughts and if possible entrust them with your Proxy vote.

On a brighter note. We had a great time in the townhouse, breakfast on the terrace with clear blue sky, sun beating down, it was hot in the sun but colder in the shade.
The golf course is looking great we walked down to the clubhouse one evening but it is not open so had to settle for a drink at home. Come on February when we are back out in CE.

Seasons Greetings and look forward to meeting some of you next year. What a year it has been.

EMAIL ARTHER NOW [email protected] .

Dennis
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:20 am
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Hope all those at Esuri and at home have had a cracking Christmas.
A quick question for those out at Esuri please. Is the driving range open yet? presume it will be/is in front of the temp. clubhouse?

Also any pics yet of the festive activities at esuri/golf etc etc. requested earlier by John & Kath? would be great to see that blue sky!!

cheers

Mike & Diane
Old Dec 27th 2006, 11:39 am
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

We hope you have all had (or are still having) a very merry Christmas, wherever you are.

We are coming out on 5th January. Does anyone have any details of the times of the Epiphany parades and celebrations in Ayamonte?

Paul and Dawn
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PaulandDawnH
We hope you have all had (or are still having) a very merry Christmas, wherever you are.

We are coming out on 5th January. Does anyone have any details of the times of the Epiphany parades and celebrations in Ayamonte?

Paul and Dawn
Hi
Last year the procession took place on the afternoon of the 5th ,it goes around most of the old town ( about mid-afternoon)
I am afraid that we missed most of it but the part we did catch was well worth it .
We are in IC again this year & we intend to go earlier this year to watch it
They close most of the roads to allow the procession a clear path,if you intend to go from CE I don't think you will be able to park any closer than the BP garage
Regards
Chris
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

chrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant futurechrismortley has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by PaulandDawnH

Paul and Dawn
Hi
We intend to play the course on CE next week, so hopefully I will have some close up photos of the course ( mainly from the drop zones by the water hazards by the look of it)
I will try to get some photos of the inside of the club house, & if no one has already answered your question find out about the driving range
Regards
Chris
Old Dec 27th 2006, 1:20 pm
Forum Regular

PaulandDawnH is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Chris

Since we arrive on the 5th we probably will be a bit pushed to catch the procession. Never mind.

Paul and Dawn

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
Last year the procession took place on the afternoon of the 5th ,it goes around most of the old town ( about mid-afternoon)
I am afraid that we missed most of it but the part we did catch was well worth it .
We are in IC again this year & we intend to go earlier this year to watch it
They close most of the roads to allow the procession a clear path,if you intend to go from CE I don't think you will be able to park any closer than the BP garage
Regards
Chris
Old Dec 27th 2006, 2:02 pm
Forum Regular

Mike and Diane is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by chrismortley
Hi
We intend to play the course on CE next week, so hopefully I will have some close up photos of the course ( mainly from the drop zones by the water hazards by the look of it)
I will try to get some photos of the inside of the club house, & if no one has already answered your question find out about the driving range
Regards
Chris
Thanks Chris, will be interested to also hear your thoughts on how it plays etc

Mike
Old Dec 28th 2006, 10:59 am
Forum Regular

BobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to allBobD is a name known to all

Hola Fellow Esurians,

I have arranged a Jolly Boys Outing for myself and 4 pals from the golf club, to our Apartment from Thursday 18th January to Sunday 21st January 2007 (to take advantage of some really cheap flights that Jet2 were advertising a month or so ago). As I wasn't sure if the Esuri golf course would be open when I booked the trip, we have arranged to play elsewhere. We are playing Castro Marim, Islantilla and El Rompido about 10am each day from Friday 19th to Sunday 21st. If anyone is out at that time, and wants to join us, you would be more than welcome. PM me for the details.

Hasta Luego
Old Dec 28th 2006, 6:16 pm
Just Joined

Andy watson is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Connection charges should be included in the builders charges, as electric is required to make the house habitable.
Hi All
Can anyone who has completed on their property, please tell me if they have had any joy in NOT paying for Gas, Water & Electricity connection charges. Or if anyone has tried to claim the charges back and succeeded.

Thanks for any info.

Andrew
Old Dec 28th 2006, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

For those that might be interested, today's El Pais (Spain's largest circulation newspaper) has a long, full page article on Costa Esuri, principally from the viewpoint of ongoing allegations by ecological groups that the development is not fully in conformity with applicable legislation, as well as the impact that a development of this size will inevitably have on Ayamonte.
The article is somewhat alarmist and has to be read against the background of a national campaign that the paper is waging against alleged corruption at local town council level in numerous, principally coastal, towns involving ambitious property developments.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:22 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part IV

Originally Posted by iant
For those that might be interested, today's El Pais (Spain's largest circulation newspaper) has a long, full page article on Costa Esuri, principally from the viewpoint of ongoing allegations by ecological groups that the development is not fully in conformity with applicable legislation, as well as the impact that a development of this size will inevitably have on Ayamonte.
The article is somewhat alarmist and has to be read against the background of a national campaign that the paper is waging against alleged corruption at local town council level in numerous, principally coastal, towns involving ambitious property developments.
Hi iant,

Had a look at the Spanish web page but only a short para and photo on Costa Esuri.

Does El Pais have an English edition or web page and whats its address?

Regards,

John.
Old Dec 28th 2006, 9:53 pm
Forum Regular

iant will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi iant,

Had a look at the Spanish web page but only a short para and photo on Costa Esuri.

Does El Pais have an English edition or web page and whats its address?

Regards,

John.
John:
If you go to "elpais.com" and click on the "España" section you should see the whole article.
Regards,
Iant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.