Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:45 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi dg123,

We and a number of others who correspond on the forum have bought plots on different parts of the site. We intend to build the best villa we can for our long term enjoyment (20+yrs) so it has to be durable and low maintenance with minimum running cost. If anyone would like to contribute to making it luxurious as well all offers will be gratefully received and acknowledged.

Regards,

John.

PS. The Arab Prince who is rumoured to have bought all plots on R 16 will no doubt be happy to consult you on the luxury quotient.

Originally Posted by dg123
Has anyone bought a plot of land on the Costa Esuri, And would you be likely to be building a house a.s.a.p . Any ideas what type of house you are thinking about. More luxury places built ,the better for the development
Old Oct 21st 2005, 11:07 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi treads,

Best deal we have had in the 21/2 years of flying to inspect at Ayamonte was last September out of Stanstead with Ryanair to Savilla. One way cost £2.99 and the return was £9.99 we could have got £2.99 also but we wanted to return 2 days earlier, with taxes total cost was about £32. Sevilla airport is about 90 mins driving from CE out of peak hours.

We have also done Thompson from Coventry and easyjet from East Midlands to Faro but our best airport is Luton where we have used Monarch and easyjet. Our target price has always been £50 each and most times we make it.

In season we have found the best hotel deals just across the border in Tavira at the Villa Gale Tavira and the Hotel Porta Nova both 4* but out of season we have seen unbelievable rates at the RIU and the Vinnci not yet managed to get them though.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by treads
Hi all, been a long time since we posted but have been watching, reading the thread and picked up some very useful information... thanks to you all ...

We (my wife and I) are looking to go out to meet our solicitor etc very late November / early in December **note** he has advised us to steer clear of the week of the 5th Dec because of the two public holidays (6th and 8th) he mentioned everything (shop/business wise) comes to a stand still that week.

But the main reason for our post is a query on flights etc... as everyone seems to have been going out of late and others have plans too, where's the best flights / deals at present? (we are in the south of England so will be travelling out of Gatwick / Heathrow / Stanstead)... and how about hotels? any suggestions?

Anyway, keep the information flowing and if anyone can help please let us know...
Old Oct 21st 2005, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

chelski is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Originally Posted by Woodzie
Originally Posted by Bryan G. Singer

New store Furniture Frontera near Super Sol is worth a look and is run by an Englishman, but everyone should hang on....if they can!!! A mini consortium of businessmen, featuring one gentleman who runs a chain of quality discount furniture hypermarkets in the South East of England, are in the process of setting up a branch here. The first shipment of furniture is already on the way and they expect to be open by the end of the month.

Great info.
Any more news where the shop is going to be exactly and also, where is the store Furniture Frontera - in fact, where is Super Sol? Must get a decent map!

Keep up the info.
Regards,
Kim & Nigel
can u tell me the name of the new furniture dicount store
Old Oct 21st 2005, 1:59 pm
Just Joined

treads is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by tednsharon
Hi

We're also going over beginning of December and have got a fab deal with the Atlantico from their website - www.riu.com - well worth checking out! We're flying from Coventry (which is a bit far for you, I know) but again, silly prices over winter.

Must go - not meant to be reading the thread at the moment ... should be working!

Sharon
Many thanks, have had a quick look at the hotel website and your right, nice prices... Will have to show my wife later and get something booked.

Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2005, 2:31 pm
Just Joined

lesley is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello Graham and Sandra
We are also in
block 10. Have you had your letter re the notary yet?
Lesley + Stan

Originally Posted by Graham G
We went out to Costa Esuri for two days this week to put all in place for our Rago purchase. The weather was lousy. However the rain was needed since they have no significant amount for over a year. It also keeps the dust down on the development. The bridge is still not yet open so we had to drive across the rought terrain.

Anyone reading this who is buying in Block 10 or close by please make contact. We are block 10 portal 3.

The site has moved on well since we were last there only 4 weeks ago. Lots of plants and road surfacing going in.

This is my first visit to this website and I hope that my pictures have loaded to this message.

Graham & Sandra G (Midlands area)
Old Oct 21st 2005, 5:20 pm
Forum Regular

GerryW is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by AndyS
Michael,
Nice pictures, as usual, thanks. If my eyes don't deceive me it looks remarkably like Golf 1 is starting to really take shape and colour!! Fountain looks impressive as well. Those of us who joined the original thread started by Sam, way back when, are familiar with your background and I for one am very comfortable with your regular, informed updates. After some of the nonsense that has appeared of late I think your openness, for the benefit of newcomers, is a welcome return to the spirit of the thread.
Totally agree....as one of the original gang on thread 1 - happy to receive updates on progress. Good pictures. Thanks
Old Oct 21st 2005, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

P.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant futureP.TINKS has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by GerryW
Totally agree....as one of the original gang on thread 1 - happy to receive updates on progress. Good pictures. Thanks
Nice to have you back Gerry where you bin?
Old Oct 21st 2005, 9:01 pm
Forum Regular

Dantill will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by dg123
Has anyone bought a plot of land on the Costa Esuri, And would you be likely to be building a house a.s.a.p . Any ideas what type of house you are thinking about. More luxury places built ,the better for the development
Hi Yes we are buying a plot on Esuri. Like most other plot owners until we know the levels of our plots we cannot get any plans done. It could be level, sloping or stepped. Hopefully we should know by end of November as we are due completion on 5th Dec but have heard nothing yet.
Regards

Dave & Lynn
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 7:12 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Hi my solicitor has confirmed that Fadesa wish to complete in mid November which is great, however, at present there is no habitation certificate. I am concerned that they will push for completion without this and then we will not be able to connect the utilities that are available. I know as a plot owner this is not an immediate problem but for those of us in the flats, townhouses and duplexes we are in a difficult position. Guys, what are your plans on this?

CSR
Originally Posted by Dantill
Hi Yes we are buying a plot on Esuri. Like most other plot owners until we know the levels of our plots we cannot get any plans done. It could be level, sloping or stepped. Hopefully we should know by end of November as we are due completion on 5th Dec but have heard nothing yet.
Regards

Dave & Lynn
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:29 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi CSR,

Some time ago I raised the issue of the various permissions required to take valid occupation of houses, bit like our problem of not having levels to design and submit plans for villa plots.

It will have to be a personal decision as to whether you or I take possession or not taken with the advice of the Abogado. I would just remind us all of all the horror stories we have read about buying property in Spain and then finding legal problems down the road.

The Chicalana thread on this site is a prime example, This one concerns illegal builds and the sanction is to cut off electricity.

I am sure that there are no horrendous long term problems lurking round the corner but as ever with builders their ardour to please evaporates when the final monies have been paid.

So you early adopters take a lead for all of us, I would suggest that it is in your and my best long term interest if you require all the "t's" crossed and the "i's" dotted before you accept handover. Not least because there will still be huge amounts for Fadesa to complete elsewhere on the site and getting them back for some small item will be the devils own job.

Larger problems such as illegal occupation (with no completion certificate or no electrical certificate) should just be a straight no.

Indecently before I went away there was talk of medium term problems with the initial water and electricity mains supply, has anyone who has visited recently heard anymore on this from their agent or Abogado?

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by CSR
Hi my solicitor has confirmed that Fadesa wish to complete in mid November which is great, however, at present there is no habitation certificate. I am concerned that they will push for completion without this and then we will not be able to connect the utilities that are available. I know as a plot owner this is not an immediate problem but for those of us in the flats, townhouses and duplexes we are in a difficult position. Guys, what are your plans on this?

CSR
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 8:58 am
Not Junior but not Senior

poollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to beholdpoollounger is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi CSR,

Some time ago I raised the issue of the various permissions required to take valid occupation of houses, bit like our problem of not having levels to design and submit plans for villa plots.

It will have to be a personal decision as to whether you or I take possession or not taken with the advice of the Abogado. I would just remind us all of all the horror stories we have read about buying property in Spain and then finding legal problems down the road.

The Chicalana thread on this site is a prime example, This one concerns illegal builds and the sanction is to cut off electricity.

I am sure that there are no horrendous long term problems lurking round the corner but as ever with builders their ardour to please evaporates when the final monies have been paid.

So you early adopters take a lead for all of us, I would suggest that it is in your and my best long term interest if you require all the "t's" crossed and the "i's" dotted before you accept handover. Not least because there will still be huge amounts for Fadesa to complete elsewhere on the site and getting them back for some small item will be the devils own job.

Larger problems such as illegal occupation (with no completion certificate or no electrical certificate) should just be a straight no.

Indecently before I went away there was talk of medium term problems with the initial water and electricity mains supply, has anyone who has visited recently heard anymore on this from their agent or Abogado?

Regards,

John.
Everyone in Chiclana is not affected !! Many properties otside of Urbanistions are built with retrospective planning, and this seems to be the way it is...but one has to ensure that it is not built on rustic land, otherwise you can have problems, unless there is evidence (!) to say it is five years old.
One can buy a ruin in the countryside with no more than a few paving stones left, but if the deeds show that a house once existed, once can get permission to build. Good luck to all of you in Costa Esuri....I had a good look around and was almost tempted as it seemed such an easy way to get oneself on the Spanish property ladder... the show homes were very enticing. However if you are prepared to put oin a bit more groundwork, and golf is not an imperative, one can get better value for money elsewhere..just hope this doesn't ruin Ayamonte, which I thought was great little fishing town. Shall keep reading the Esuri posts with interest.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 9:23 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi All,

Just for info when you go to Spain for handover you should receive the following documents to make the transfer legal.

1. "Certificado de fin de obra". This literally means the certificate of finished work. It is issued by the "arquitecto" and the "aparejador" (technical architect) and stamped by their respective colleges. This is the official confirmation that the apartment/house/villa has been built in accordance with the plans stipulations. Probably the most important item here is compliance with Spanish earthquake codes.

2. "Cedula de habitabiliad". Literally the the certificate of habitability. It is issued by the Ayuntamiento or Provincia declaring that the premises are fit for living in.

3. "Boletin de instalaciones electricas". A certificate for the electrical installation issued by the electrician who has done the wiring of the premises without which you are not able to get the electricity supplier to connect the mains supply.

Regards,

John.
Ps. This is a repost of my #563 of July 16th which shows the system works if you want to find somethiong posted ages ago! I have also found out that the Spanish codes are not as tight as I thought for earthquake requiirements.
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Hi Lesley & Stan

if you mean that it suggests that the notary to be used is in Punta Umbria 30 minutes away then our solicitor has assured us that he will be using the one in Ayamonte next door to his offices at reasonable rates. What appartment in the block is yours? We are Portal 3 2D. We live in Northampton.

Graham & Sandra

Originally Posted by lesley
Hello Graham and Sandra
We are also in
block 10. Have you had your letter re the notary yet?
Lesley + Stan
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Hi Graham G,

Welcome to the Forum your just up the M1 from us, its a small world. The choice of Notario is down to the buyer under Spanish Law and by inference your Abogado. I think you are with the same firm as us and our partner warned us of this in June before we hired him. We have good cause to go local so we will be with Mercedes too.

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by Graham G
Hi Lesley & Stan

if you mean that it suggests that the notary to be used is in Punta Umbria 30 minutes away then our solicitor has assured us that he will be using the one in Ayamonte next door to his offices at reasonable rates. What appartment in the block is yours? We are Portal 3 2D. We live in Northampton.

Graham & Sandra
Old Oct 22nd 2005, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Hi Chris & Helen

do keep us informed of your findings when you go out next month especially progress on the bridge on the access road. See if you can get some shots of the block 10 pool area............Graham

Originally Posted by zenbukan
Thanks for the update we have bought in block 10 portal 1, and I will be out there mid november to check on progress - hopefully get a few photos.

My focus is to get my timing right to enable me to snag the apartment, but I am confident that Costa Esuri is a good place to purchase.

Good luck with your purchase!
Chris & Helen

We went out to Costa Esuri for two days this week to put all in place for our Rago purchase. The weather was lousy. However the rain was needed since they have no significant amount for over a year. It also keeps the dust down on the development. The bridge is still not yet open so we had to drive across the rought terrain.

Anyone reading this who is buying in Block 10 or close by please make contact. We are block 10 portal 3.

The site has moved on well since we were last there only 4 weeks ago. Lots of plants and road surfacing going in.

This is my first visit to this website and I hope that my pictures have loaded to this message.

Graham & Sandra G (Midlands area)
[/QUOTE]

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.