Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Old Oct 17th 2005, 6:02 pm
Forum Regular

Woodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant futureWoodzie has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Thanks to Gabrielle. B. & Chris for the photos of M7.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:01 pm
BE Forum Addict

big wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond reputebig wheels has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JohnandCarol
Hi,

I would like to know if it is possible for the M2 community to be served with one satellite dish for all properties rather than each appartment having their own.

Look forward to hearing from you.

JohnandCarol
I would think that is probably your ONLY option. Have a look at your contract.
Most new developments in Spain prohibit the placing of a satellite dish on individual balconies etc, and even if it was allowed, only the apartments facing south would be able to pick up anything at all.
However the size of dish required would make for plenty of shade.

BW.
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:12 pm
Just Joined

sirrom will become famous soon enoughsirrom will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by PDH
Kathy

Can you let us know the result of your quotes for air conditioning as it could save some spade work for the rest of us

Thanks

Paul
goodevening if it is of any interest i am resident in ayamonte and can advise you or any one else on fitting air conditioning and give you a fixed price. there are no ten or fifteen percenters involved references available.thank you tel 0034 666 962106 david
Old Oct 17th 2005, 7:23 pm
Marilyn

marilyn giles is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Everyone

We returned last Thursday after spending a week at the Atlantico. We were absolutely thrilled with what we saw on Esuri, including our apartment. We are buying Rago 2, Bloque 10, Portal 1 (one with the wrap around terrace). We also looked at most of the furniture shops and have had the quote through today from Frontera. It's definitely good quality furniture/beds and the sort of thing I was looking for - light oak. We are also awaiting from Frontera, a quote for the air-conditioning, shower cubicle and the shower door over the bath. They will also fit the lights for 10 euro per light. We are going out again on 28 Oct - 2 December to choose the lights from the large lighting shop in Lepe. We took a look but, unfortunately, the shop was closed when we went there this time. We have also visited Mateos in Ayamonte, who have given us the prices for the white goods. When we're ready, we will send them an email to order the goods and arrange a bank transfer.

Regards

Marilyn
Old Oct 18th 2005, 8:11 pm
Just Joined

arnie is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Gabrielle.B
Hi there

We took these photos when we were out in September (13th). The first photo is of our apartment (Manzana 7 E4) directly facing you with block E1 on the left and block E13 on the right. The pool shot is from our balcony. The last photo is the entrance to E4.

We went with Paula to view and managed to get our snagging list done. (Albeit very minor problems). We were very impressed with the finish, although that purple colour is going to have to go - does anyone like that shade?

We have more general shots if you are interested?

Regards
Gabrielle.B

Great to see your pictures, seems like we might be neighbours, we have also bought on Manzana 7, E4. We are going out on 29th November to have a look and possibly do some snagging. Quite exciting. I have been given the name of a professional snagger should anyone want such a thing, he is english working over there.

Jilly
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:23 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=9&k=big%20wheels" onmouseover="window.status='big wheels'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">big wheels</a>
I would think that is probably your ONLY option. Have a look at your contract.
Most new developments in Spain prohibit the placing of a <a style='text-decoration: none; border-bottom: 3px double;' href="http://www.serverlogic3.com/lm/rtl3.asp?si=9&k=satellite%20dish" onmouseover="window.status='satellite dish'; return true;" onmouseout="window.status=''; return true;">satellite dish</a> on individual balconies etc, and even if it was allowed, only the apartments facing south would be able to pick up anything at all.
However the size of dish required would make for plenty of shade.

BW.

Hi when we were out viewing our apartment a couple of weeks ago Paula pointed out the metal attachments on the walls that are for satellite dishes so no need to have them on your balcony. Other furniture package providers:- www.egginnest.com and www.absolutecarecompany.com.
Cheers Mike & Bryony
Old Oct 19th 2005, 8:28 am
BE Enthusiast

AndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really niceAndyS is just really nice

Originally Posted by chrispee
Hi everyone

We're new !! We've bought on Rago 1 which are scheduled for completion early 2007 .

We've been out recently to see how things are progressing and just missed all the bad weather . Things are progressing well and I have lots of photos of Rago 1 and the apartments being built if anyone's interested . Would be good to hear from anyone else buying on Rago 1 .

Is anyone looking at the costs of the golf membership etc. ? What do you think ?

All the information re furniture , A/C etc. is brilliant so keep up all the good work.
Hi Chrispee,

I received the offer of golf membership, but after talking to Finagolf decided not to go for it. Unless you are planning to live out there for at least 6 months of the year I didn't think the membership fee and annual subscription made economic sense. Neither did I think their offer of only a 10% discount for members guests very attractive. There are plenty of top notch courses in the region so I'll be revisiting some of those as well as paying a green fee at Esuri. Just my view and I guess there will be others with different opinions.

Cheers

Andy
Old Oct 19th 2005, 9:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part III

Hi Andys,

I think your financial analysis is spot on and depending how long in the year you intend to be in residence the more you might want to join. For now the greenfees available as special offers in the eastern and "Spanish" Agave's mean that for short stays membership is not financially attractive. Just how long this will pertain remains to be seen.

On a different note those who are to sign up soon and are going over to snag and such have you had any information on the Community formation and fees?

Regards,

John.

Originally Posted by AndyS
Hi Chrispee,

I received the offer of golf membership, but after talking to Finagolf decided not to go for it. Unless you are planning to live out there for at least 6 months of the year I didn't think the membership fee and annual subscription made economic sense. Neither did I think their offer of only a 10% discount for members guests very attractive. There are plenty of top notch courses in the region so I'll be revisiting some of those as well as paying a green fee at Esuri. Just my view and I guess there will be others with different opinions.

Cheers

Andy
Old Oct 19th 2005, 3:15 pm
Just Joined

Gabrielle.B is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=John & Kath]Hi Andys,

I think your financial analysis is spot on and depending how long in the year you intend to be in residence the more you might want to join. For now the greenfees available as special offers in the eastern and "Spanish" Agave's mean that for short stays membership is not financially attractive. Just how long this will pertain remains to be seen.

On a different note those who are to sign up soon and are going over to snag and such have you had any information on the Community formation and fees?

Regards,
John

Hi John

It was good to meet up with you in September!

Regarding Community formation and fees. We have had no information given to us but, the following is based on our own experience having had an apartment in Mojácar for 5 years. In the first instance, a local Management/Administration Company has to be approached, who will then call a meeting of all the owners to elect Community Officials, to prepare and approve the Constitution of the Community and also to prepare and approve the annual budget for the maintenance of the community as a whole. We have an English chap as our President and a Spanish lady as Vice-President, which works well.

The Community charge works out for us personally at approx. £35 per month. this is based on the overall floor area of the apartment, and charged on a quarterly basis from our Spanish Bank Account. This is just to give you some idea but, bear in mind a community charge on a golf course will always be more expensive, (our apartment complex is much smaller-35 apartments).

Regards
Gabrielle
Old Oct 19th 2005, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

Graham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to allGraham G is a name known to all

Bridge was scheduled to be open on September 15th but rumours have it that it has hit a few snags. .........Graham & Sandra

Originally Posted by Mike and Diane
Hi Graham and Sandra

Yep pictures all there. Thanks for the update. Nice pictures despite the weather. Did they say when bridge would be open?

Mike & Di

Last edited by Graham G; Oct 19th 2005 at 4:07 pm.
Old Oct 19th 2005, 5:55 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Gabrielle.B,

Yes it was good to meet hope to see you again in January. The reason I asked about the Community formation was that it was taken out of our hands by Fadesa in the Private contract and thats why I was worried. In David Searles book (which is very good on this sort of thing) it gives a little anecdote the upshot of which is that the developer gives himself an advantage concerning the commercial sites which results in the rest of the community paying more than their share. This can of course be altered at a subsequent annual meeting but in the Spanish way of things it can take years.

Then of course there are two levels of community the lower one which concerns common facilities such as stairwells and pools will, I think be specific to plots such as Rago 1,2 3 and the higher one which will include the Ayuntameinto will "adopt" the major road infrastructure and other wider communal facilities.

As ever Fadesa is totally silent on this and it concerns all owners since it will set the level of cost for the initial few years before we are organised enough to do something about it.

Regards,

John.

[QUOTE=Gabrielle.B]
Originally Posted by John & Kath
Hi Andys,

Regards,
John

Hi John

It was good to meet up with you in September!

Regarding Community formation and fees. We have had no information given to us but, the following is based on our own experience having had an apartment in Mojácar for 5 years. In the first instance, a local Management/Administration Company has to be approached, who will then call a meeting of all the owners to elect Community Officials, to prepare and approve the Constitution of the Community and also to prepare and approve the annual budget for the maintenance of the community as a whole. We have an English chap as our President and a Spanish lady as Vice-President, which works well.

The Community charge works out for us personally at approx. £35 per month. this is based on the overall floor area of the apartment, and charged on a quarterly basis from our Spanish Bank Account. This is just to give you some idea but, bear in mind a community charge on a golf course will always be more expensive, (our apartment complex is much smaller-35 apartments).

Regards
Gabrielle
Old Oct 20th 2005, 9:24 am
Just Joined

chelski is an unknown quantity at this point

HI I HAVE A PLACE ON THE MARINA IN ISLA CANELA I HAVE HEARD THERE IS FURNITURE DISCOUNT AND LIGHTING DISCOUNT STORE OPENING IN AYAMONTE AND LEPPE THE FURNITURE IS SOLID RUSTIC WOOD AT VERY GOOD PRICES
Old Oct 21st 2005, 7:55 am
Just Joined

treads is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all, been a long time since we posted but have been watching, reading the thread and picked up some very useful information... thanks to you all ...

We (my wife and I) are looking to go out to meet our solicitor etc very late November / early in December **note** he has advised us to steer clear of the week of the 5th Dec because of the two public holidays (6th and 8th) he mentioned everything (shop/business wise) comes to a stand still that week.

But the main reason for our post is a query on flights etc... as everyone seems to have been going out of late and others have plans too, where's the best flights / deals at present? (we are in the south of England so will be travelling out of Gatwick / Heathrow / Stanstead)... and how about hotels? any suggestions?

Anyway, keep the information flowing and if anyone can help please let us know...
Old Oct 21st 2005, 8:27 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by treads
Hi all, been a long time since we posted but have been watching, reading the thread and picked up some very useful information... thanks to you all ...

We (my wife and I) are looking to go out to meet our solicitor etc very late November / early in December **note** he has advised us to steer clear of the week of the 5th Dec because of the two public holidays (6th and 8th) he mentioned everything (shop/business wise) comes to a stand still that week.

But the main reason for our post is a query on flights etc... as everyone seems to have been going out of late and others have plans too, where's the best flights / deals at present? (we are in the south of England so will be travelling out of Gatwick / Heathrow / Stanstead)... and how about hotels? any suggestions?

Anyway, keep the information flowing and if anyone can help please let us know...
Hi

We're also going over beginning of December and have got a fab deal with the Atlantico from their website - www.riu.com - well worth checking out! We're flying from Coventry (which is a bit far for you, I know) but again, silly prices over winter.

Must go - not meant to be reading the thread at the moment ... should be working!

Sharon
Old Oct 21st 2005, 10:26 am
Just Joined

dg123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone bought a plot of land on the Costa Esuri, And would you be likely to be building a house a.s.a.p . Any ideas what type of house you are thinking about. More luxury places built ,the better for the development

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.