Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II

Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II

Old Mar 17th 2005, 10:14 pm
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costi Esuri - Part II

Originally Posted by sam parky
Hola Andy,
Thanks for the information on the showers. Next question, are they power showers (probably asking a bit much of Fadesa) or just normal run of the mill showers?

Sam
Sam,

Am pretty sure we only have standard showers in our apartment but they are brilliant, both the ones over the baths and the separate shower.

Tricia
Old Mar 18th 2005, 3:57 am
CSR
Forum Regular

CSR will become famous soon enoughCSR will become famous soon enough

Hi - thanks for this information. Any facts regarding runnng costs...ball park figures for communal charges, rates, refuse, elec, water, insurance costs etc are all very useful.

Anyone think that running a owners shared car club would be a good idea? Could be cost effective (although you are still left with the problem of getting to and from the airport)

By the way we are in an apartment

CSR
Originally Posted by Tricia
Andy,

I am very interested (or should that be worried) about the cost of heating myself. My husband was out there for 4 days a couple of weeks ago and we were out for 5 days in Jan (just before the last electric bill), so when the next one comes in I should be able to guage a cost ie 60 days bill, compare it to the last one, see how much dearer and divide it by 9, well that's my theory anyway
So far the water has varied from between 22 and 36 euros for 2 months. of which the standing charge is about 17 euros and electricity between 40 and 55 euros of which the standing charge looks to be about 13 euros. The longest period we have stayed at the apartment during one bill cycle is 8 days. It is a good idea to get a unit with a timer, so you can programme it to come on before you wake.
Don't anyone shoot me BUT considering mossies are a problem I probably wouldn't recommend leaving windows open for the breeze in the evening (although fitting mossie screens are an option) I was a bit of a demon for closing doors to and not leaving lights on so as not to attract them, coupled with some autan I'm proud to say I only got 2 bites in 8 days. My daughter on the other hand enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the evening, leaving lights and bedroom balcony door open and suffered for not heeding my advice !!

ps our unit is Toshiba, which is quite popular over there apparantly.

Tricia
Old Mar 18th 2005, 8:29 am
!hola!

tednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant futuretednsharon has a brilliant future
Default Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II

Hi Sharon,
I wish you had said you were going to Bolton today, I was in the Trafford Centre most of the day, we could of met up for coffee and a chat about the big venture. Never mind, next time your in the area, let me know and we can meet up then. Did they give you any idea on costs for the furniture. We are more than likely taking our own things out there, Bennys tools would cost us a fortune to buy again, so we might as well move our furniture as well. But all that depends on costs. Could you let me have the address of Villpac, we might go and have a look.

Sam
Sam

What a missed opportunity! Never mind - their address is Clarence House, 80 Clarence Street, Bolton BL1 2DQ - it's just round the corner from the Moat House and it's an old victorian building currently with the name Indeco on the front (at the end of the road where McDonalds is - guess where we had lunch?!). I'm not sure if they take random callers, we obviously made an appointment cos we were coming from so far away, but it's worth a try if you're in the area. No prices on anything - we'll get our quote next week!

Sharon
Old Mar 18th 2005, 8:50 am
CSR
Forum Regular

Hi funnily enough I telephoned them earlier this week and they gave me an estimate of £7,000 for the basic marbella package (the middle range one). I would prefer to buy my own twiddly bits so I am going to email them with my scaled down package request. Hopefully this figure will come down a bit.

I received my Feb edition of The Guardiana today...anyone else got theirs?

Disappointed to see the charges for the motorway have now come into force. I am not sure how much it will now cost from Faro to Ayamonte. Anyone know?

CSR
Originally Posted by tednsharon
Sam

What a missed opportunity! Never mind - their address is Clarence House, 80 Clarence Street, Bolton BL1 2DQ - it's just round the corner from the Moat House and it's an old victorian building currently with the name Indeco on the front (at the end of the road where McDonalds is - guess where we had lunch?!). I'm not sure if they take random callers, we obviously made an appointment cos we were coming from so far away, but it's worth a try if you're in the area. No prices on anything - we'll get our quote next week!

Sharon
Old Mar 18th 2005, 9:16 am
Forum Regular

Tricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of lightTricia is a glorious beacon of light

Anyone think that running a owners shared car club would be a good idea? Could be cost effective (although you are still left with the problem of getting to and from the airport)

By the way we are in an apartment

CSR[/QUOTE]

Found these details, probably a good idea if you are out there alot and want your own car, don't know about sharing though, you'd always have to make sure your dates don't clash.

'Faro Airport has 3 car parks (P1, P2 and P3), for passengers arriving by car. P1 and P3 are intended for short term parking, while P2 is recommended for long term parking - weekly, biweekly, monthly, quarterly, bi-annually and yearly fees are available. For further information please call Emparque - Empreendimentos e Exploração de Parqueamentos.
Tel.: (+351) 289 889 465

Time span P1
Up to 30 minutes 0,80 €
1st hour 1,50 €
2nd hour and following or fraction 1,70 €
Maximum 1st day (24H) or fraction 13,50 €
Maximum 2nd day (24H) and following or fraction 14,00 €

P2*
1 week 51,50 €
2 weeks 62,00 €
3 weeks 72,50 €

Pre-paid cards
Month 85,00 €
Trimester 170,00 €
Semester 340,00 €
Year 680,00 €
Card issuing fee 10,00 €
Card replacing fee 20,00 €

P3
1st hour 1,30 €
2nd hour and following or fraction 1,40 €
3rd hour and following or fraction 1,30 €
Maximum 1st day (24H) and following or fraction 10,50 €
Maximum 2nd day (24H) and following or fraction 11,00 €

P2* - Pre-paid

CIP Card - Arrivals (near the terminal)
Pre-paid cards
Trimester 340,00 €
Semester 680,00 € '

Tricia

Last edited by Tricia; Mar 18th 2005 at 9:36 am.
Old Mar 18th 2005, 11:57 am
Just Joined

T Birch is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by CSR
Hi funnily enough I telephoned them earlier this week and they gave me an estimate of £7,000 for the basic marbella package (the middle range one). I would prefer to buy my own twiddly bits so I am going to email them with my scaled down package request. Hopefully this figure will come down a bit.

I received my Feb edition of The Guardiana today...anyone else got theirs?

Disappointed to see the charges for the motorway have now come into force. I am not sure how much it will now cost from Faro to Ayamonte. Anyone know?

CSR
There are no charges on this motorway, a change of government in Portugal last month also means that tolls are now unlikely to be imposed.

Some Esuri photos from last week.

Tom
Attached Thumbnails Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II-esuri-1.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II-esuri-2.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II-esuri-3.jpg   Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II-esuri-4.jpg  
Old Mar 18th 2005, 4:38 pm
Just Joined

Keith B is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by T Birch
There are no charges on this motorway, a change of government in Portugal last month also means that tolls are now unlikely to be imposed.

Tom

Hi Tom I sent you a private message

Keith B
Old Mar 18th 2005, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

linda and steve is an unknown quantity at this point

Tom

Great pictures tom thankyou,really looking good and nice to see plenty of workmen near by.

received our copy of the guardiana news paper today, not read it yet.
it looks like everyone is now thinking of furnitue etc.

we are getting our small bits in ikea in seville, large furniture not sure yet.
we are going to live out there in our two bed townhouse, and hopefully get to know most of you, and cant wait. we are due to go and visit in october, because most of it should be nearly finished by then.

thanks again for pictures

best regards

linda and steve
Old Mar 18th 2005, 7:55 pm
Forum Regular

TicktonTyke is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Ayamonte - Costa Esuri - Part II

Tom
Great photos Tim
Which Manzana are they
Regards Ian
Old Mar 19th 2005, 5:48 am
CSR
Forum Regular

HI - thanks for this info. Good news for everyone living in the Huelva region and for the tourist industry as a whole in the area. Thanks for the photos too.

If anyone gets a chance to take any pickies of the apartments I would be very grateful (particularly the end block!)

CSR

Tom
Old Mar 19th 2005, 8:36 am
Just Joined

ChrisGates is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Sharon,
I wish you had said you were going to Bolton today, I was in the Trafford Centre most of the day, we could of met up for coffee and a chat about the big venture. Never mind, next time your in the area, let me know and we can meet up then. Did they give you any idea on costs for the furniture. We are more than likely taking our own things out there, Bennys tools would cost us a fortune to buy again, so we might as well move our furniture as well. But all that depends on costs. Could you let me have the address of Villpac, we might go and have a look.

Sam
Hi Sam The address for villa pac is
Villapac Ltd, Clarence House, 80 Clarence Street, Bolton BL1 2DQ, Telephone 0044 1204 534555. All goods have warranties and all electrical items have a 2 year warranty. If there are any problems with the electrical items you can phone Villapac and they will deal with the warranty for you on your behalf.
If you need any further information please email me at [email protected]
Chris
Spanish Algarve Property Management.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 9:57 am
Just Joined

Deb and Brian is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello all

Stumbled across this great site yesterday and spent all evening reading and digesting all the information, hints and tips provided by you all.

We bought an apartment with a private garden last July and have been wishing our lives away every since (can't wait for December!) The initial plan is to use it for holidays and spend our cold winters there when work is no more.

We chose Esuri , not only for its great location, & golf but for the birds the feathery kind - Brian is a birdwatcher...and a Arsenal season ticket holder.

Do you think there will be a bit of a do , a grand opening party in December

Deb & Brain

Last edited by Deb and Brian; Mar 20th 2005 at 10:08 am.
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:07 am
Just Joined

Deb and Brian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by ncarta
Hi all,

Forgot to mention that my apartment is in Rago 2, bloque 12. Anybody else around that area? I can't wait to go over and play a few rounds of golf

Regards,

NCarta
hello neighbour

We are are in the same bloque we have bought one of the garden apartments - It would be nice to see some pictures to see how it's coming along - anybody else in the this block?

Deb & Brian
Old Mar 20th 2005, 10:58 am
Just Joined

Keith B is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all

If you have not been on this site I am leaving a link for you will see all photos of the Esuri site just go on to properties and where it gives the prices go to the bottom and see updates . There are pics of all the types of properties then click on more pictures against the properties http://www.superiorcdl.com/ . only found it myself by accident

Keith B
Old Mar 20th 2005, 11:45 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Keith B
Hi all

If you have not been on this site I am leaving a link for you will see all photos of the Esuri site just go on to properties and where it gives the prices go to the bottom and see updates . There are pics of all the types of properties then click on more pictures against the properties http://www.superiorcdl.com/ . only found it myself by accident

Keith B
Thanks for that, Keith. I just wish they had waited for a sunny day. I hope we dont have too many of those black clouds over there.

Sam

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.