Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

autonomo wasnt cancelled on return to uk

autonomo wasnt cancelled on return to uk

Old Jan 15th 2015, 12:46 pm
Just Joined

trackwa is an unknown quantity at this point
Default autonomo wasnt cancelled on return to uk

I hope somebody can help on this one, my partner lived in spain 3 years ago and was autonomo he returned to uk but did not realise he should have cancelled his autonamo. we have now come back to spain and he has started to use his Spanish bank account and they have tried to take €261 autonomo out? He is not working yet and was able to get the money back by the bank, however somebody has suggested that he could now end up owing them for the years he wasn't here, because he didn't let them know he was leaving the country??? Is this right? What does he need to do to get in touch with them to explain the situ?? or is it that as the bank account has been used again they are 'trying it on' as others have suggested?
Thanks in advance x
Old Jan 15th 2015, 12:51 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: autonomo wasnt cancelled on return to uk

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Jan 15th 2015, 1:33 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It is unfair to blame the bank for your partner's mistake.

I would suggest he employs a gestor to try and sort it out.
Old Jan 15th 2015, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

I wasn't blaming the bank for anything? and yes I know it was my partners mistake for not letting anybody know..........I am asking what the outcome might be? Not at any point have I blamed anybody else????
Hope somebody else can offer advice
Old Jan 15th 2015, 3:41 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trackwa
..... is it that as the bank account has been used again they are 'trying it on' as others have suggested? ...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is unfair to blame the bank
Old Jan 15th 2015, 3:54 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by missile
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
It is unfair to blame the bank
I don't think their 'blaming' the bank but the suggestion is that maybe Hacienda (or whoever takes autonomo payments) is 'trying it on'.

I suspect that the account was empty and as soon as money was deposited, the bank was able to honour the existing demands (direct debits or whatever).
Old Jan 15th 2015, 4:34 pm
Just Joined

thank you snikpoh you have read my post as it was intended. The 'trying it on' statement was aimed at the autonomo folk not the bank.

Thinking about it if they (the autonomo) folk had been trying to take payments for the past 3 yrs there would have been a hell of a lot of charges from the bank (due to insufficient funds) so I think I would tend to agree with the 'trying it on' theory. The autonomo folk not the bank, just to be clear. lol
Old Jan 15th 2015, 4:47 pm
Started off with nothing

It is unfair to blame the "autonomo folk" for your partner's mistake.
Old Jan 16th 2015, 7:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Maybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond reputeMaybe1day has a reputation beyond repute

This happened to me in Italy many years ago, They made me pay for the national Health contributions for 2 years after I had left Italy because something had not been cancelled (not pension etc) plus a 100% fine within 7 days or it would double again. I paid 4million lire in 1982...... about £1300.... If I had waited it would have become £2600. It was just money thrown away.
State robbery!
Old Jan 16th 2015, 10:41 am
BE Enthusiast

Longlegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond reputeLonglegpete has a reputation beyond repute

You can see why Hacienda want the money, if they don't know your gone then they assume you are still in the system, as has been suggested a gestor is the place to start as I suspect much communication will be needed, after all people that maybe hit hard times could stop paying and then drop back into the system saying they have been back to the UK but may not have been, not suggesting this with OP but you can see what hacienda may suspect .
Old Jan 16th 2015, 11:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think that hacienda have anything to do with it

You need to go to your local seguridad social office. They are the correct authorities and someone there will be able to tell you about how much you owe and what to do about it. You will also need to "dar de baja" i.e. sign off from being self-employed. Untill you do that then the clock is still ticking
Old Jan 18th 2015, 10:25 am
BE Forum Addict

angiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond reputeangiescarr has a reputation beyond repute

If you have any money in a bank account here but have no business here and live in the UK I advise you to take any money out of the Spanish bank that you have and close the account. The Tesoreria General can and do take out whatever they like and whenever they like and there isn't anything you can do about it. I'm surprised you got your money back. If you do end up with an embargo on your assets here they will take it whether you really owe it or not and will leave it up to you to ask questions later. Close down everything (de-register your business etc) for tidyness if you can.
Old Jan 19th 2015, 11:54 am
Just Joined

Thank you for your replies, like i said before i wasnt and am not blaming anybody else for my partners mistake!! Why do people reply with negatives when i had clearly stated my partner hadnt cancelled his autonomo. Therefore it was his mistake nobody elses!!!!
Anyways thank you for the positive and helpful replies and we shall be seeking some way of sorting it out. Thanks again x
Old Jan 19th 2015, 12:00 pm
Started off with nothing

The lady doth protest too much
Old Jan 19th 2015, 1:36 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by trackwa
Thank you for your replies, like i said before i wasnt and am not blaming anybody else for my partners mistake!! Why do people reply with negatives when i had clearly stated my partner hadnt cancelled his autonomo. Therefore it was his mistake nobody elses!!!!
Anyways thank you for the positive and helpful replies and we shall be seeking some way of sorting it out. Thanks again x
I think you have all the answers that you were looking for;
  • yes it is correct
  • yes he might have to pay for the missing years
  • he has to contact the local seguridad social office

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.