Reload this Page >

Autonomo invoicing non VAT-registered UK charity

Autonomo invoicing non VAT-registered UK charity

Old Jan 27th 2020, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

TomMcG is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Autonomo invoicing non VAT-registered UK charity

Hi,

As the title suggests, I'd like to seek some advice regarding my VAT responsibilities as a Spanish autonomo invoicing a UK charity. My understanding is that for intra-community operations, I am not required to charge VAT/IVA, and I can instead apply the reverse charge rule - whereby my client is responsible for paying the VAT themselves, in their own country. However, this method relies on both myself and my client being VAT registered - something that hasn't been an issue... until now! I have recently taken on a new client who is a UK registered charity, with no VAT/VIES number. Without a VAT number, the autonomo guides I've read say I need to apply Spanish VAT to this client's invoices, but having checked with the HMRC, the service I provide the client (advertising) is a zero rate VAT service. Hence, I'd like some confirmation on what the situation is in this case, and how I report this correctly with the 303, 349 and 390 forms.

Thanks in advance for any help!
Old Jan 28th 2020, 8:06 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Autonomo invoicing non VAT-registered UK charity

Unfortunately you will not find many members on the is forum who have run or have run a business.
I have and understand that the Spanish regulations state that VAT is charged on all but a few items.
I personally have not issued an invoice to any UK charities.
Here is what the EU say on the matter of charging VAT between different countries.
https://ec.europa.eu/taxation_custom...icing-rules_en
Maybe you should ask your gestorĂ­a and or the local tax office. The gestorĂ­a should have contacts within the tax office who will help them answer your question.