Assurances

Old Apr 28th 2011, 3:01 pm
Just Joined

pedropat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Assurances

Once the gentle assurance that, there are no monsters, just bad dreams, the reverse is true of the Life Assurance business. Its proud boast of being," based on good faith", is hollow. It is writing to me as I get older to say that Sum Assured I started with, is unsustainable on their investments & so with 25 years of contributions, my love ones might not see my money back!
Plausible, maybe, but for the other promotions, sponsorships & profit bragging they publicise- they are mega millionaires,
Anyone else feeling abused ?
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:37 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Assurances

You can say that about a lot of things these days, especially in the UK. My husband was asked to reduce his pension income as "not enough in the pot to last". Well it was in legalistic mumbo jumbo, but that was the gist of it. Fortunately we're not relying on the pension income, but for others, it must be real tricky sometimes.

Pedro, I'm not sure if Spain section currently has a concierge, which is why I've wandered in to see what this thread was about There's a section above Spain called Siesta Time. It's for off-topic chats - a bit like this topic actually. Have a look in there.
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:39 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute

Here's a link in case you can't find it

http://britishexpats.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=113
Old May 3rd 2011, 9:43 am
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Personally I would take all the directors etc of the damn companies, and strip them of all their assets bar the clothes they stand in and use that money to help compensate the poor sods who are left short after paying in honestly. It might not cover the hole, but it would make me feel better. Of course we could also consider how much those people would be worth as a source of transplant organs, or failing that, soup.
Old May 3rd 2011, 11:11 am
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Personally I would take all the directors etc of the damn companies, and strip them of all their assets bar the clothes they stand in and use that money to help compensate the poor sods who are left short after paying in honestly. It might not cover the hole, but it would make me feel better. Of course we could also consider how much those people would be worth as a source of transplant organs, or failing that, soup.
I don't think the soup would be very nice.
Most likely it would leave a nasty taste in the mouth.
Old May 3rd 2011, 7:33 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
I don't think the soup would be very nice.
Most likely it would leave a nasty taste in the mouth.
Not half as nasty as the taste left by the damn near criminal incompetence of the financial sector.
Old May 4th 2011, 7:10 am
Just Joined

Here, hear this, come across :- www.costa-action.co.uk - worth a peek.
It is an eye opener, how many white collar crooks there are plotting to get your money

Surely, as we oldies are supposed to live longer, just to defy them, we ought to be able to cobble together some ( "ReneeĀ“, I shall say this only once") Resistance
Old May 5th 2011, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

It appears Resistance, is catching on, another old sore, LRAU / LOV is being cauterized , see :-http://www.telegraph.co.uk/expat/campaigns/spanishplanningscandal/