Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

ASDA - Costa de la Luz

ASDA - Costa de la Luz

Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:27 am
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute
Default ASDA - Costa de la Luz

Jan and I went shopping in ASDA last night and picked up a copy of the latest in-store magazine. I thought it might be of interest.

There doesn't seem to be anything on their website though.
Attached Thumbnails ASDA - Costa de la Luz-asda-1.jpg   ASDA - Costa de la Luz-asda-2.jpg  
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:32 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: ASDA - Costa de la Luz

Is this an April Fools?
Old Apr 1st 2008, 11:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

A friend said to me a couple of weeks ago that there was a new store opening in Cadiz. She thought it was Marks. I scoffed at her saying there was no way Marks would open here in Cadiz but perhaps it may be Asda. Can someone in the UK phone Asda´s head office.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:08 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
A friend said to me a couple of weeks ago that there was a new store opening in Cadiz. She thought it was Marks. I scoffed at her saying there was no way Marks would open here in Cadiz but perhaps it may be Asda. Can someone in the UK phone Asda´s head office.
It say it is the the Heulva Province near Ayamonte. to open in 2012.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 12:43 pm
Happy in my bubble

Sam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond reputeSam Greenfield has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gallerie9
It say it is the the Heulva Province near Ayamonte. to open in 2012.
If you want any shopping - i'll take orders
Old Apr 1st 2008, 2:01 pm
this is me

gallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of lightgallerie9 is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Sam Greenfield
If you want any shopping - i'll take orders
yeah I do miss asda , when we come back I go into george and buy the cheap clothes jeans t shirts jumpers etc, and OH misses Asda Pizza, but since he finished my kitchen I have been making my own and he likes them better LOL
We go to Morrisons in Gib but its not like Asda. we had asda where I came from 40 years ago I remember people coming from all over to go to the new super market, my mum first brought Yogurts there we had never had them before LOL.
I remember telling kids in school "I remember the first foreign food coming to shop near us" LOL They didnt believe there were not any Indian Takeaways in the early 60s
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:31 pm
Forum Regular

smartmove is an unknown quantity at this point

Looks like an April fools to me. If you zoom in slightly on the images the font is slightly larger and wider on the Asda related bits and the red is a different shade to the other headings. It's a fake I reckon!
Old Apr 1st 2008, 3:48 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Huelva is a bit far to go for Asda. I'd prefer to stick to Lidl, Dia and supersol, to be honest.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:18 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smartmove
Looks like an April fools to me. If you zoom in slightly on the images the font is slightly larger and wider on the Asda related bits and the red is a different shade to the other headings. It's a fake I reckon!
It`s got to be true, it`s in a magazine. ;-))
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Ragomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond reputeRagomuffin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by smartmove
No shit Sherlock! I think you took longer over the forensic examination than I took doing it. Next time I do a bit of forgery, I'll make sure the font and colour matches exactly.

And I thought the more obvious give away would be the name 'Lia Prolof', but then I do like an anagram.
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

Matt C is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely an April Fools joke - look at the name of the Director of European Operations - Lia Prolof anagram of April Fool
Old Apr 1st 2008, 4:40 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Matt C
Definitely an April Fools joke - look at the name of the Director of European Operations - Lia Prolof anagram of April Fool
Someone else just said that. lol
Old Apr 1st 2008, 6:40 pm
this is me

Well Tesco has gone to America
It would have been a trip out LOL
Old Apr 1st 2008, 8:09 pm

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by jdr
Someone else just said that. lol