Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Arrested in spain! help please!

Arrested in spain! help please!

Old Dec 2nd 2008, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

moomin13 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Arrested in spain! help please!

Can anyone help me please? Just got a call from Spanish police!My husband has been arrested!!In court tomorrow!??Cant find out what for?! I do remember he lived there briefly about 6 years ago and possibly had an unpaid fine from driving under the influence? Can anyone help? what will happen?? thanks anyway.
Old Dec 2nd 2008, 1:48 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Arrested in spain! help please!

Originally Posted by moomin13
Can anyone help me please? Just got a call from Spanish police!My husband has been arrested!!In court tomorrow!??Cant find out what for?! I do remember he lived there briefly about 6 years ago and possibly had an unpaid fine from driving under the influence? Can anyone help? what will happen?? thanks anyway.
Contact these people HERE they will help if possible.
Old Dec 4th 2008, 2:38 am
BE Enthusiast

billymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nicebillymacker is just really nice

Is he still in the nick ?
Old Dec 4th 2008, 3:01 am

anabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond reputeanabella has a reputation beyond repute

An update would be nice...
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:18 pm
Just Joined

Unhappy Re: Arrested in spain! help please!

Originally Posted by anabella
An update would be nice...
Hi all, so sorry for the lack of replies- what a bad time we've had - hence no pc, dosh woooo don't bear thinking about! Anyways, found out what it was for, a driving under the influence Warrent for arrest from 2002! He went to court the next day and was given a bank account number to pay at a Banco prior to leaving the country. Think it was for 630euro. He only had his credit card to pay- but the bank refused to accept this. I tried in vain at this end to pay through a bank transfer-which was incredibly difficult as they needed a swift number etc which he wasn't given!! I found on the web an exact address etc enough to get it sent through which enabled him to be able to catch his return flight back home!!!What a polava!! BUT THIS IS NOT THE END!!!A few days later my bank sent me a letter to say it hadn't been paid due to lack of info!!! OMG still not paid!! Tried and tried to find out but unable to read Spanish!? So, sent the money via transfer to his brothers account in Spain to pay.....ahh....done......NO!!!!!!!!!!Recently found out the brother was behind on rent and used it to pay for it!!!!SO ITS STILL NOT PAID!!!!
IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE WAY WE CAN PAY THIS DAMN FINE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!SHOULD I WRITE TO THE ADDRESS WE HAVE AND ASK????EXPLAIN????HOW FOOLISH DO WE FEEL??? ANY POSSIBLE HELP PLEASE????????????
Old Jul 10th 2009, 6:46 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
Contact these people HERE they will help if possible.
Did contact these as soon as I got the link, they took all the info and said would be back to me as soon as they knew anything...still waiting!!I got all the info by telephoning the airport who passed me on to the district etc etc- even in broken english I was able to discover what had happened! doh! Thanks for the time anyway .
Old Jul 10th 2009, 7:46 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Did contact these as soon as I got the link, they took all the info and said would be back to me as soon as they knew anything...still waiting!!I got all the info by telephoning the airport who passed me on to the district etc etc- even in broken english I was able to discover what had happened! doh! Thanks for the time anyway .
They can only pass on the info if they have permission of the arrested person.
Email the nearest consulate to where you have to pay the fine and see if they can advise you.

PS, tell him not to use his passport. ;-)
Old Jul 11th 2009, 1:29 pm
Forum Regular

ballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really niceballin is just really nice

My advice; don't go back to Spain on holiday

Things like this are notoriously difficult to resolve, not really sure what you can do other than risking it, but making sure you have the cash next time.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jdr
They can only pass on the info if they have permission of the arrested person.
Email the nearest consulate to where you have to pay the fine and see if they can advise you.

PS, tell him not to use his passport. ;-)
Def not going to return until sorted lol or Alurin for sure! Just hope we can get this done with the language difficulties etc. Just hope nothing happens with his family as parents old now- imagine not being able to go because of this! I am fuming at the irresponsible lacksidasical attitudes of them spending the original dosh in the first place and not even trying to save up and re pay it! Ya cant choose ya family eh! Will try the consulate if I can read it!
Will post updates as it happens thanks.
Old Jul 12th 2009, 7:15 pm
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

Def not going to return until sorted lol or Alurin for sure! Just hope we can get this done with the language difficulties etc. Just hope nothing happens with his family as parents old now- imagine not being able to go because of this! I am fuming at the irresponsible lacksidasical attitudes of them spending the original dosh in the first place and not even trying to save up and re pay it! Ya cant choose ya family eh! Will try the consulate if I can read it!
Will post updates as it happens thanks.
It`s only him they have the problem with so the parents will be OK.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 7:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all, so sorry for the lack of replies- what a bad time we've had - hence no pc, dosh woooo don't bear thinking about! Anyways, found out what it was for, a driving under the influence Warrent for arrest from 2002! He went to court the next day and was given a bank account number to pay at a Banco prior to leaving the country. Think it was for 630euro. He only had his credit card to pay- but the bank refused to accept this. I tried in vain at this end to pay through a bank transfer-which was incredibly difficult as they needed a swift number etc which he wasn't given!! I found on the web an exact address etc enough to get it sent through which enabled him to be able to catch his return flight back home!!!What a polava!! BUT THIS IS NOT THE END!!!A few days later my bank sent me a letter to say it hadn't been paid due to lack of info!!! OMG still not paid!! Tried and tried to find out but unable to read Spanish!? So, sent the money via transfer to his brothers account in Spain to pay.....ahh....done......NO!!!!!!!!!!Recently found out the brother was behind on rent and used it to pay for it!!!!SO ITS STILL NOT PAID!!!!
IS THERE ANY POSSIBLE WAY WE CAN PAY THIS DAMN FINE ONCE AND FOR ALL!!!SHOULD I WRITE TO THE ADDRESS WE HAVE AND ASK????EXPLAIN????HOW FOOLISH DO WE FEEL??? ANY POSSIBLE HELP PLEASE????????????
No sympathy, serves him right!
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:09 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

Arrested Dec 2nd and in court next day for non payment of fine. Where is husband now? I would have hoped they would have kept him locked up until fine was paid?
Old Jul 13th 2009, 8:58 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Let he who be without sin cast the first stone.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

valenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond reputevalenciatim has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
Let he who be without sin cast the first stone.
Old Jul 13th 2009, 9:20 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Whilst I agree that it does appear that the guy has crossed the line at some stage,the available facts are very sketchy and who knows how accurate.
I think its a bit early to have the guy hung drawn and quartered on the basis of what is shown.
Maybe things are worse than appears,maybe not.
Ive heard all the stuff about ppl leaving their brains behind in the UK and often its fair comment, but at times like this a bit compassion doesnt come amiss, even if just for his wife,....... at least until the affair is sorted.

Last edited by Dick Dasterdly; Jul 13th 2009 at 9:21 pm. Reason: mistake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.