Reload this Page >

ARRANGING A LONG TERM RENT IN SPAIN FROM UK

ARRANGING A LONG TERM RENT IN SPAIN FROM UK

Old Feb 27th 2017, 1:45 pm
Just Joined

scot66 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ARRANGING A LONG TERM RENT IN SPAIN FROM UK

Hi,

Any advice on arranging a long term let on the Costa Blanca, north of Alicante within around 40 mins. I have sent numerous messages and tried to call agencies with no luck. I realise I would have to travel to Spain to view but why is it so difficult to get anyone to answer a query? Do they just ignore you if you are not already in Spain?
Old Feb 27th 2017, 2:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ARRANGING A LONG TERM RENT IN SPAIN FROM UK

Given they are in short supply your last sentence sums it up.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 2:57 pm
Just Joined

Thought so. I'm trying to follow the sensible advice of renting before buying but it's not as easy as it sounds.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 3:04 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

It seems in Spain they set up emails and websites then ignore them ! I have been unsuccessful with house agents for SELLING a house, finding a boat surveyor and a marina to pay a bill ! Also it seems that if they have nothing to tell you they don't bother telling you so .... good luck.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 3:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by scot66
Hi,

Any advice on arranging a long term let on the Costa Blanca, north of Alicante within around 40 mins. I have sent numerous messages and tried to call agencies with no luck. I realise I would have to travel to Spain to view but why is it so difficult to get anyone to answer a query? Do they just ignore you if you are not already in Spain?
You are wasting your time using online agencies. You have to be in the area you want to live and keep looking in the agents windows and calling in to ask. If you are looking for a long term rental on the coast the best time is late September onwards as most are used for holiday lets.

Steve
Old Feb 27th 2017, 3:28 pm

Rosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond reputeRosemary has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

Hi and a warm welcome to the Spanish forum on BE. Myself and Fred James are the moderators for the Spanish forums whilst BEVS moderates Europe. Moderators are there to ensure that the site runs smoothly within the rules of BE. This is so that members gain the information that they are looking for and find their experiences on the forums to be friendly and worthwhile.

Problems and complaints should always be addressed to a moderator who will look into the matter and deal with it efficiently and fairly. Our members who post in the Spain Forums are usually friendly and helpful with a wealth of knowledge about the issues of living in Spain. I hope that you enjoy your time participating in the forums.

Please let me know if you need any further help.

Rosemary
Old Feb 27th 2017, 5:29 pm
Just Joined

dhillon is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: ARRANGING A LONG TERM RENT IN SPAIN FROM UK

Hiya

I have been doing research into this topic also. Here is the best option I have found.

Goto airbnb.com and sellect Spain. Enter Costa Blanca as your search area. Select the type of accom you need - ie Entire House/Flat, Private Room or sharing. As an example as I typed this I found an entire flat with shared pool with tow bedrooms for four people. 2 bathrooms. WI-fi, airco, washing machine, TV, kitchen, fridge/freezer, free parking. Available all March and some April but check availability. Price - £573 for whole of March.

The only minus point is I think you need to register if you want to book - fee applies for subscrition. Its not much and you then have the option to book into other properties if you dont like. Location is Benitachell, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain. Pictures of property and location etc are all shown in listing. Gives you time to find a long term let in the area.

Thats my best recommendation.

Danny

Last edited by dhillon; Feb 27th 2017 at 5:32 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 9:35 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by The Capitans Wench
It seems in Spain they set up emails and websites then ignore them ! I have been unsuccessful with house agents for SELLING a house, finding a boat surveyor and a marina to pay a bill ! Also it seems that if they have nothing to tell you they don't bother telling you so .... good luck.
what about finding a 1-2 bedroom long term rental in Ayamonte for up to 90 days - from either January or February?

Anyone with 'boots on the ground', in the know, with a solid recommendation of how to go about this?

For a decent place, what would be the expected lowest cost or range ?

Thanks
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:03 pm
Just Joined

dhillon is an unknown quantity at this point

Found these but many more:

Airbnb for Ayamonte

£688 pm (21 positive reviews) link https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/55230...s=2&s=cY2ZC5PA

£666 pm (12 positive reviews) link https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/16669...s=2&s=cY2ZC5PA

to £1976 pm link https://www.airbnb.co.uk/rooms/56013...s=2&s=cY2ZC5PA

Again I cannt give boots on the ground review but the links have all the info/pics you need.

Danny

Last edited by dhillon; Feb 27th 2017 at 10:06 pm.
Old Feb 27th 2017, 10:08 pm
Dichotomus tinker

not2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond reputenot2old has a reputation beyond repute

dhillon @ post #9, thanks for that information
Old Feb 28th 2017, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Kentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond reputeKentishladd has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,

By the time the agents have sent you an email someone has walked in and snapped up the property.Long distance enquiries are highly unlikely to succeed.There just aren't enough to go round. This has been my experience. It took us seven months to find a home that suits us and we live in the area you are looking at.
Good luck.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 6:52 am
BE Forum Addict

tebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond reputetebo53 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kentishladd
By the time the agents have sent you an email someone has walked in and snapped up the property.Long distance enquiries are highly unlikely to succeed.There just aren't enough to go round. This has been my experience. It took us seven months to find a home that suits us and we live in the area you are looking at.
Good luck.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 7:44 am
Forum Regular

Bridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond reputeBridie55 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kentishladd
Good luck.
I agree when we came for our first longish stay we booked through airbnb. The property looked fabulous on the website but in reality the pictures were misleading. The place was so cold and very difficult to live in being an old stone house. We had booked and paid for 55 nights and ended up staying 15. Lost a considerable amount of money on our 'mistake'. Luckily we found an agent who offered us the place we have now been back to 3 times. We did however have to visit loads of agencies before we found one that did less than 6 months.
I would say book an airbnb or similar for a week or so and do the legwork as you really need to see before committing yourself.

Last edited by Bridie55; Feb 28th 2017 at 7:50 am.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 7:47 am
BE Enthusiast

Horlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond reputeHorlics has a reputation beyond repute

Airbnb is worth a look. With Airbnb, you can contact the owner and negotiate a price for a month or more. They'll want to up the rates in the summer (if they're in a prime location), so it's really only an out of season option, but for up to 3 months in low season it works well. You can use that time to sort out a permanent option.
Old Feb 28th 2017, 7:56 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by dhillon
Hiya

I have been doing research into this topic also. Here is the best option I have found.

Goto airbnb.com and sellect Spain. Enter Costa Blanca as your search area. Select the type of accom you need - ie Entire House/Flat, Private Room or sharing. As an example as I typed this I found an entire flat with shared pool with tow bedrooms for four people. 2 bathrooms. WI-fi, airco, washing machine, TV, kitchen, fridge/freezer, free parking. Available all March and some April but check availability. Price - £573 for whole of March.

The only minus point is I think you need to register if you want to book - fee applies for subscrition. Its not much and you then have the option to book into other properties if you dont like. Location is Benitachell, Comunidad Valenciana, Spain. Pictures of property and location etc are all shown in listing. Gives you time to find a long term let in the area.

Thats my best recommendation.

Danny
Unfortunately Ayamonte doesn't suit as we will be travelling back to the UK frequently so need to be close to Alicante airport. I have stayed in Ayamonte and it is a lovely place.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.