British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Argos - Cadiz/Chiclana (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/argos-cadiz-chiclana-355084/)

Chiclanagir Feb 14th 2006 5:01 pm

Argos - Cadiz/Chiclana

I am looking to buy a couple of bar stools but prices in this area are stupid. I am sure I read an advert which stated you could buy items from the Argos catalogue and have them delivered to Cadiz. I have seen a bar stool in the catalogue for £19.99 which is obviously a lot cheaper but when I tried to find something on the net nothing has come up.

dazzle Feb 14th 2006 5:19 pm

Re: Argos - Cadiz/Chiclana

Is this what you're looking for Glynis?

www.argosinspain.com

NicCol Feb 14th 2006 8:27 pm

Originally Posted by dazzle
Is this what you're looking for Glynis?

www.argosinspain.com

Dazzle, you have just made my day. Thanks for this (even though it wasn't me who asked for it) Any other pearls of wisdom? M&S perhaps????

poollounger Feb 14th 2006 9:30 pm

But surely once you have paid the delivery charge you might as well shop locally ???

NicCol Feb 14th 2006 9:53 pm

Originally Posted by poollounger
But surely once you have paid the delivery charge you might as well shop locally ???

Yes for the majority of things, most of which I have reserved already, but things such as curtains are so expensive, this would be a cheaper option.

Chiclanagir Feb 15th 2006 2:52 pm

Thanks Dazzle. Poolounger, there is an awful lot of stuff here which is expensive including these stools. Just ordinary ones can cost up to 115 euros each. Also as Nicol says curtains are expensive and I cannot find any cushions that I like. I could go back to the UK and fill a car with stuff from Marks. Okay you may pay more but if it is items that you like so what. There you are the start of a business for someone - orders from Marks. You can of course order online and have sent to someone in the UK who is coming over to you.

daveyboy_daveboy Feb 15th 2006 4:16 pm

Originally Posted by glynis
I am looking to buy a couple of bar stools but prices in this area are stupid. I am sure I read an advert which stated you could buy items from the Argos catalogue and have them delivered to Cadiz. I have seen a bar stool in the catalogue for £19.99 which is obviously a lot cheaper but when I tried to find something on the net nothing has come up.

The website you want is called: www.spanishmoves/anythingenglish.html
I believe they deliver english goods to Spain.
good luck :)

poollounger Feb 15th 2006 5:50 pm

Originally Posted by glynis
Thanks Dazzle. Poolounger, there is an awful lot of stuff here which is expensive including these stools. Just ordinary ones can cost up to 115 euros each. Also as Nicol says curtains are expensive and I cannot find any cushions that I like. I could go back to the UK and fill a car with stuff from Marks. Okay you may pay more but if it is items that you like so what. There you are the start of a business for someone - orders from Marks. You can of course order online and have sent to someone in the UK who is coming over to you.

CURTAINS ??????????? Ladies this is Spain... shed your inhibitions and do as the Spanish do and live life on the front porch in full view of every passerby.. :) :) Or are you trying to do what my grandparents in the colonies did and create a Little Britain ?? :D

NicCol Feb 15th 2006 6:14 pm

CURTAINS ??????????? Ladies this is Spain... shed your inhibitions and do as the Spanish do and live life on the front porch in full view of every passerby.. :) :) Or are you trying to do what my grandparents in the colonies did and create a Little Britain ?? :D

Not little britain, just not wanting to scare the locals!! May be Little Britain actually, but of the Matt Lucas variety!!

Unexpat Feb 15th 2006 6:48 pm

Heh, I already made that point in the last thread where curtains came up. Just be sure to keep changing and washing those curtains. Cockroaches love to lay their eggs in the top folds of them ;)

dazzle Feb 15th 2006 7:14 pm

Originally Posted by Unexpat
Just be sure to keep changing and Cockroaches love to lay their eggs in the top folds of them ;)

Yuck :eek:

NicCol Feb 15th 2006 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by dazzle
Yuck :eek:

Warn the locals - I'll do it the spanish way!