Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Areas of Costa Blanca that are not dead in winter?

Areas of Costa Blanca that are not dead in winter?

Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:12 am
Banned

techieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant future
Default Areas of Costa Blanca that are not dead in winter?

I am thinking of renting a place on the Costa Blanca for the winter, I was thinking more North, maybe Denia, Javea....?

Anyway the most important thing is to be somewhere that is not deserted in the winter, and if possible somewhere that is not just for the retired folk as I am in my early 30s.

I am looking for somewhere with a mix of expats and locals near the beach. I'll have access to a car.

Any suggestion? Thanks!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 10:40 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Areas of Costa Blanca that are not dead in winter?

Originally Posted by techieguy
I am thinking of renting a place on the Costa Blanca for the winter, I was thinking more North, maybe Denia, Javea....?

Anyway the most important thing is to be somewhere that is not deserted in the winter, and if possible somewhere that is not just for the retired folk as I am in my early 30s.

I am looking for somewhere with a mix of expats and locals near the beach. I'll have access to a car.

Any suggestion? Thanks!

It's not dead here in the winter

it was 5 years ago when we first arrived - but it isn't now

and there's a mix of nationalities and ages, too

the weather was awful last winter though

http://video.yahoo.com/watch/2627134/7718900
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:07 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

We are in Oliva. Its not such a touristy town as Denia / Javea. But we have the advantage of being quieter where we are, and we can go to Javea or Denia if we want to, especially in the winter months for a night out
Old Aug 27th 2008, 12:10 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Not sure if the OP knows the areas but: Denia fits the bill; Javea is lovely in the winter especially around the port area and Oliva has a fantastic beach.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:17 pm
Banned

techieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant futuretechieguy has a brilliant future

I like the sound of a mix of nationalities, would Denia have that too?

Would there be any language schools nearby to learn Spanish?
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:19 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

There is an English school near the castle in Denia, and one on the main Paseo in Oliva
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Denia is cosmopolitan in terms of expat population and summer tourists. There are a number of language schools in the town.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:22 pm
Senior Moment

Originally Posted by montgomail
Denia is cosmopolitan in terms of expat population and summer tourists. There are a number of language schools in the town.
You sound like an estate agent!
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:28 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
You sound like an estate agent!
That's it - cover blown.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 1:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Rotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond reputeRotor has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by montgomail
That's it - cover blown.

Are you sure estate agents are allowed to use this forum?surely it contravenes one of the rules
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Rotor
Are you sure estate agents are allowed to use this forum?surely it contravenes one of the rules
Just Mitzy's idea of a joke, you understand.
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:19 pm
Banned

Cool, so my next question is about rentals. Are there any good sites I can look at for small apartments and what sort of price per month would I be looking at in Denia for instance?

Thanks
Old Aug 27th 2008, 6:21 pm
Senior Moment

Cool, so my next question is about rentals. Are there any good sites I can look at for small apartments and what sort of price per month would I be looking at in Denia for instance?

Thanks
http://www.kyero.com/browse/coastal-...lt1srt4twn1232
Old Aug 27th 2008, 7:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

Some of those are actually on La Sella, a vast complex and golf course in between Javea and Denia. Not a problem if you have transport but there is very little in the way of bars and restaurants.
Old Aug 28th 2008, 5:21 am
¿Dónde estoy?

lynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond reputelynnxa has a reputation beyond repute

tons - and private teachers like me

PM me

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.