Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Aragon - Teruel & Albarracin

Aragon - Teruel & Albarracin

Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:26 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Aragon - Teruel & Albarracin

Another area to put on your list for a visit - just been and its wonderful

Albarracin

Old Aug 13th 2009, 3:56 pm
Forum Regular

Jaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really niceJaques2go is just really nice
Default Re: Aragon - Teruel & Albarracin

Looks wonderful, maybe a month's not enough, maybe we'll end up staying
My partner's already falling in love with it all................its wonderful here in hastings but we do miss that sitting out until the wee small hours, in the warmth and listening to cicadas - here, at 2 am, even in august, we'd be sitting in our overcoats..........suppose its swings and roundabouts - when i came over one june to look at property, i had to lie down all afternoon with the air con on in my room, i was so hot, guess its getting used to the climate - friends of ours in Almaria had been there a year, we visited one October, they were sitting outside in jackets and we had on swimsuits, your blood must get thinner
Old Aug 13th 2009, 5:39 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Another area to put on your list for a visit - just been and its wonderful[/URL]
Its certainly an interesting area, with many ancient towns and villages, some definitely showing their age.
Great place for jamon and vino also.
No shortage of banks either, judging by your first shot.
Only negative thing is the dry, arid looking countryside, ....although they do manage to crop most of it and put it to good use.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:40 pm
Not Banned (yet)

steviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond reputesteviedeluxe has a reputation beyond repute

i was so hot, guess its getting used to the climate
Be warned - if you're thinking of buying somewhere near Teruel, it gets incredibly cold in winter.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 6:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

digdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud ofdigdug has much to be proud of

great pics mitzy
Old Aug 13th 2009, 7:33 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
Be warned - if you're thinking of buying somewhere near Teruel, it gets incredibly cold in winter.
Thats an extra bonus.
Two ski resorts close by......
Old Aug 13th 2009, 8:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

bxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond reputebxpuser24710519 has a reputation beyond repute

They look interesting places Mitzy.
Old Aug 13th 2009, 10:36 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I enjoyed Seville as you know, and Cordoba was nice. Cuenca and the hanging houses was brilliant, but Aragon .... especially Albarracin and surrounds, I really fell in love with
Old Aug 13th 2009, 11:08 pm
On the road again.

The whole of Spain is so diverse,probably more so than any other EU country.
There is always something to catch the eye from ancient to modern,from campo to towns,languages,countryside,wildlife,traditions and maybe most of all the people.
I have found warmth and friendliness everywhere, from almost forgotten,secluded villages to large cities.
Maybe in the Basque areas and N.Catalonia people were a little more stand-offish than elsewhere, but in general I was never happier than when drifting around the country,especially in the really out of the way places.