Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Applying for residency before EU withdrawal

Applying for residency before EU withdrawal

Old Sep 10th 2020, 9:51 am
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Applying for residency before EU withdrawal

Originally Posted by Joppa
Malaga doesn't require Padron certificate as confirmed by my gestor applying for us.

I would check that if I were you. Someone else on here said it was a requirement at Malaga.

I find that Gestors sometimes don´t have the right information. In fact although I didn´t use a Gestor, I got talking to one here in Barcelona and it was me explaining to HER the new rules on applying for a TIE here.

I´m not saying your Gestor is wrong....but you never know.
Old Sep 10th 2020, 12:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Someone I know (Spanish) has a daughter who is a lawyer and she insists that everybody with a property in Spain should be on their padron.

Needless to say I've told everybody to steer clear of her!
Old Sep 10th 2020, 6:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

Joppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond reputeJoppa has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by inbarcelona
I would check that if I were you. Someone else on here said it was a requirement at Malaga.

I find that Gestors sometimes don´t have the right information. In fact although I didn´t use a Gestor, I got talking to one here in Barcelona and it was me explaining to HER the new rules on applying for a TIE here.

I´m not saying your Gestor is wrong....but you never know.
All I can say is that the same gestora (a lady) has already applied for 3 other TIEs of British citizens (for first-time residency) successfully through Malaga.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 6:09 am
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

Fair enough.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 6:11 am
Forum Regular

Next Question..

On the TIE it mentions Article 50 and Article 18.4 which it should do...

However, at the botom of the card on the front it says "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen"

Anybody know why?
Old Sep 11th 2020, 7:10 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Next Question..

However, at the botom of the card on the front it says "Residence Card of a Family Member of a Union Citizen"

Anybody know why?
It ( presumably it is not in English) means you have residency based on your relationship to a family member

Last edited by Chipmonk; Sep 11th 2020 at 7:12 am.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 7:17 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute

Next Question..

Anybody know why?
My understanding is at the second stage there are a couple of boxes to tick on the form 790 which produce a fee of €12. One of them is for family members of an EU citizen which gives you additional rights of free movement in Schengen. My wife now has her Irish passport so I will look for that box.
It is explained on CAB Spain website and means although I have a UK passport I can join her in the EU queue at the airport to enter Schengen with my TIE and passport not the others queue.
Old Sep 11th 2020, 7:38 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
My understanding is at the second stage there are a couple of boxes to tick on the form 790 which produce a fee of €12. One of them is for family members of an EU citizen which gives you additional rights of free movement in Schengen. My wife now has her Irish passport so I will look for that box.
It is explained on CAB Spain website and means although I have a UK passport I can join her in the EU queue at the airport to enter Schengen with my TIE and passport not the others queue.

Would you be able to post that particular link for me please?
Old Sep 11th 2020, 7:40 am
BE Enthusiast

Chipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond reputeChipmonk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by EsuriJohn
Be careful!!. There appears to be some thing strange happening with this. People are not reading forms properly and ticking wrong boxes

Last edited by Rosemary; Sep 11th 2020 at 7:44 am. Reason: corrected quote
Old Sep 12th 2020, 10:53 am
Forum Regular

hedley_01 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Owls
I was due to move to Spain shortly and start application for residence in the Malaga area, however due to my wife's illness that has been put back and may not make it together before 31st Dec, so I'm hoping to get down myself late Nov to get residence for myself for my wife to follow early next year, I have all documentation, NIE, bank account and medical in place, so couple of questions please:
Does anyone see any issues with me doing this?
If I apply for a padron do you get that immediately or is there a waiting period of say a week or two?
Can my solicitor apply for the first part of the TIE assuming they have a digital signature and I just turn up for the face to face appointment?
Is the TIE decision/issued on the spot or later?

Many thanks for your help in advance.
Hello,

Were you able to get your NIE online? I would like to get this sorted before going if possible.

Cheers
Old Sep 12th 2020, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hedley_01
Hello,

Were you able to get your NIE online? I would like to get this sorted before going if possible.

Cheers

You can get your NIE number as PART of the process of getting a TIE. It does not involve another appointment.
They give you a NIE number at the Extranjeria Office, which is your first port of call anyway.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 11:38 am
Forum Regular

Thank you!
Old Sep 12th 2020, 11:41 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Chipmonk
Be careful!!. There appears to be some thing strange happening with this. People are not reading forms properly and ticking wrong boxes

According to a Facebook Group I have been following it is the fault of the Spanish authorities and not which box you ticked. I think someone is taking it up with the British Consulate in Madrid.

I´ll post on here if I hear anything else.

But don´t panic. There are thousands of us with the wrong wording.
Old Sep 12th 2020, 11:42 am
Forum Regular

I am trying to find the email of the immigration office in Granada to ask them about the documents required for the TIE application as a student. Any chance you know where I can find the email? Only seem to be finding the contact number but no email.

Thanks again
Old Sep 12th 2020, 12:07 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by hedley_01
I am trying to find the email of the immigration office in Granada to ask them about the documents required for the TIE application as a student. Any chance you know where I can find the email? Only seem to be finding the contact number but no email.

Thanks again

No. I can´t find one...Seems they don´t want anyone to contact them. Even if you phone you´ll probably just get an automated message and not be able to talk with an actual person.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.