Reload this Page >

Applying for residency before EU withdrawal

Applying for residency before EU withdrawal

Old Aug 29th 2020, 9:34 am
Forum Regular

ValTay0607 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Applying for residency before EU withdrawal

Originally Posted by inbarcelona
What happens if someone arrives at the end of December. There is no way that they can start the process by 31st. They wouldn´t even be able to get an appointment with the Extranjeria in that short time frame.

Also they will need their Padron Certificate from the Ayuntamiento....and most places will be shut during the Xmas and New year period
I was told by ayuntamiento that I could not register on Padron unless officially resident.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

spainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond reputespainrico has a reputation beyond repute

I suggest you also research official sources here

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/living-i...ghts-agreement
Old Aug 29th 2020, 9:40 am
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

I registered on the Padron BEFORE getting my TIE (Residency Permit). I think I took along to the Town Hall my rental contract and my Passport.

To get the TIE you definitely need to produce your Padron certificate dated within the last 3 months
Old Aug 29th 2020, 10:19 am
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ValTay0607
I was told by ayuntamiento that I could not register on Padron unless officially resident.
Strictly speaking it's illegal to be on the padron when you're non-resident. However, some ayuntamiento's will provide a 3 month temporary padron certificate for residency applications.

see https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/fa...not-plus-faqs/
Old Aug 29th 2020, 10:48 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bolton wanderer
Strictly speaking it's illegal to be on the padron when you're non-resident. However, some ayuntamiento's will provide a 3 month temporary padron certificate for residency applications.

see https://www.citizensadvice.org.es/fa...not-plus-faqs/
That is true but if the purpose of getting the padron is in order to comply with the Extranjero Office requirement in order to process a TIE residencia application I can't see that it makes any difference as you are obtaining residencia in order to make Spain your habitual home. When I did residencia old green card padron wasn't required so I signed padron after obtaining residencia. For my wifes application which was new TIE the Extranjero Office said they required padron to process the application at stage 1 so we obtained the padron before attending Extranjero Office. What shouldn't happen is a long term non resident being on the padron as their spanish address isn't their habitual home.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 11:21 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

I registered on the Padron BEFORE getting my TIE (Residency Permit). I think I took along to the Town Hall my rental contract and my Passport.

To get the TIE you definitely need to produce your Padron certificate dated within the last 3 months

Absolutely false. You need to prove that you live here and some extranjeria accept rental contracts, utility bills etc.

What link do you have that states you MUST be on the padron?
Old Aug 29th 2020, 11:26 am
Forum Regular

inbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond reputeinbarcelona has a reputation beyond repute

All I can say is what happened in Barcelona.
I went along with a friend who was applying for his TIE at the same time as me.
At the Extranjeria Office they processed mine....but they wouldn´t do his....they said he had to get his Padron certificate before they would do it.

So don´t say it´s absolutely false. It is what happened in Barcelona.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 11:37 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

bobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond reputebobd22 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Absolutely false. You need to prove that you live here and some extranjeria accept rental contracts, utility bills etc.

I wouldn't say it is false, I contacted the Extranjero Office by email and they did in their reply say my wife should bring along with other documentation a copy of the padron. As always no doubt different offices have slightly different requirements. We did in fact also take in a recent nota simple re our property to show we owned it outright etc. In my previous comment I mentioned that when I applied under green card residencia it was certainly residencia first padron after that. I still have the email they sent which does say this.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 12:00 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

My understanding is that a Padron will (probably) be needed for a first time applicant. For exchanging a green card for a TIE it is not required.
Old Aug 29th 2020, 12:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by Fred James
My understanding is that a Padron will (probably) be needed for a first time applicant. For exchanging a green card for a TIE it is not required.
Yes Fred that's correct although if one is exchanging green residencia for TIE reality is they should already be on the padron. However expats themselves can be a little like Spanish authorities and all do different😉
Old Aug 31st 2020, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Save your boarding cards to prove you arrived by the end of the year.
Boarding cards might prove useful as supporting evidence but of themselves prove only that you boarded a plane or a ferry on a certain date, nothing more.
Old Aug 31st 2020, 2:59 pm

Fred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond reputeFred James has a reputation beyond repute

How about date and GPS stamped photos? Whether the disfunctonario behind the desk would be able to cope with that is another question!!
Old Aug 31st 2020, 3:16 pm
Banned

thegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond reputethegolfer has a reputation beyond repute

NOT FALSE.....I took my friends to apply for theirs last week and they were asked for copy of padron dated within 3 months and this was for a swap from Residencia permenant green card to a T.I.E
Old Aug 31st 2020, 9:07 pm
Forum Regular

bolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond reputebolton wanderer has a reputation beyond repute

I fully appreciate your comment and I can find no link that states that you must present a padron certificate. However, in the Alicante province, your application will stall without a padron.

Some local town halls are providing 3 month temporary certificates until your residencia is confirmed but I would prefer to present my Escritura & bills. However, this option is not available!
Old Sep 1st 2020, 4:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Notdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond reputeNotdunroamin has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by thegolfer
NOT FALSE.....I took my friends to apply for theirs last week and they were asked for copy of padron dated within 3 months and this was for a swap from Residencia permenant green card to a T.I.E
I suspect they were actually asked just for a Padron, NOT specifically one less than 3 months old.

Based on my own personal experience a couple of weeks ago when I (we) produced a Padron dated 2018!

That was in Alicante btw

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.