Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

The appeal of the sea

The appeal of the sea

Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:35 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: The appeal of the sea

Originally Posted by bil
The other funny was the 'where to crap dance' one of ours would spend ages going from pillar to post, and when he finally selected the spot, by the time he turned around, I'd be tying up the bag with the dog then trying to solve the 'disappearing turd' mystery.
My mut usually chooses to do his biz as far under a bush or similar as he can get, making it virtually unretrievable, but at least out of harms way.

On occasions when he has to do it in the open, it's a job for protective suits and tin hats.
The second he completes his dump, he lets fly furiously scratching with all four paws, sending turds hurtling through the air in all directions.
Manys the time I've had them whizzing past my lughole or even way over my head.
Woe betide any innocent bystanders who happen to step into his line of fire.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:37 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by rugbymatt
Its because we are descended from Dolphins and lizards. FACT.
I thought a large slice of the population were descended from mushrooms?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:39 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
I thought a large slice of the population were descended from mushrooms?
I think a large slice eat mushrooms mate....
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:46 pm
bil
Banned

bil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond reputebil has a reputation beyond repute

I think a large slice eat mushrooms mate....
Ah yes, the snack size hallucinogenics or the more meaty fly ararics? I remember reading that Lapp shamans used to feed the mushrooms to their reindeer and then drink their piss.

I just want to know, how in the name of all that is unholy did the first person who did it come up with that idea?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:48 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

It seems that some of you have strayed off the original subject

I was born inland but have spent some of my adult years living by the sea and although I am not a sea lover I can understand the appeal, it's so calming. Sitting outside a cafe/bar looking out over the Solent is something I miss now that I am inland again.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:51 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by steviedeluxe
I'm not your normal Brit as I'm not really interested in the sea. Ok, some time on the coast can be pleasant, but I prefer coastal walks or hiking to lying on the beach. But even I have to admit there is something special about seeing waves break against a rugged coast. Why is this?
What is a normal brit? I always thought brits were a bit.....well you know
Old Dec 30th 2010, 6:51 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
Ah yes, the snack size hallucinogenics or the more meaty fly ararics? I remember reading that Lapp shamans used to feed the mushrooms to their reindeer and then drink their piss.

I just want to know, how in the name of all that is unholy did the first person who did it come up with that idea?
I shall not saw who.... but I know of someone who has experimented with various hallucinogens, including agarics soaked in milk.... very very strange, you can almost see where the whole flying reindeer myth comes from.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:05 pm
bil
Banned

I shall not saw who.... but I know of someone who has experimented with various hallucinogens, including agarics soaked in milk.... very very strange, you can almost see where the whole flying reindeer myth comes from.
Plus flying pigs, I dare say, but how stoned would you need to be in order to think that drinking the piss of a stoned reindeer was a good idea??
Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:06 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by willmore
What is a normal brit? I always thought brits were a bit.....well you know
All countries have their stereotypes. Brits and the sea, well, I assumed they get obsessed with it as the only way out......
Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:13 pm
On the road again.

Dick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond reputeDick Dasterdly has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bil
All countries have their stereotypes. Brits and the sea, well, I assumed they get obsessed with it as the only way out......
......and the only way in till they dug that bloody tunnel.
Anyone got a few loads of readimix to spare ?
Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:23 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

willmore has disabled reputation

Originally Posted by bil
Britannia rules the waves and all that...... I was just teasing you.....
Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:36 pm
bil
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick Dasterdly
......and the only way in till they dug that bloody tunnel.
Anyone got a few loads of readimix to spare ?
Build a wall all round and rename it Daily Mail World??
Old Dec 30th 2010, 7:59 pm
Straw Man.

Originally Posted by bil
Plus flying pigs, I dare say, but how stoned would you need to be in order to think that drinking the piss of a stoned reindeer was a good idea??
Oh I don't know, I've run out of drink a few times and considered drinking all manner of things.
Old Dec 30th 2010, 9:15 pm
bil
Banned

Oh I don't know, I've run out of drink a few times and considered drinking all manner of things.
Yeah, been there too, but reindeer piss?

Having said that I once did drink a half pint mug of a 50 50 mix of sweet sherry and genver gin, followed by home made cider.

Now that was a night to forget.....
Old Dec 30th 2010, 11:08 pm
HBG
Lost in BE Cyberspace

HBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond reputeHBG has a reputation beyond repute

This was in Devon too, I mention it because it’s true, I’ve forgotten the name of the game, but it involved some kind of spoof which obliged the loser to drink a single measure of a drink chosen by the winner, in one go.

Obviously, the usual drinks weren’t chosen. I remember feeling bad after a giant gipsy kept choosing green Chartreuse every time I lost. Additives weren’t allowed, and straight gin is very hard to swallow too.

The licensee wasn’t bothered, he made a fortune from a load of nutters being silly. I was driven home by a tractor, or a spaceship, and was glued to the toilet for a long time.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.