Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone want to be a walking guide?

Anyone want to be a walking guide?

Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:12 am
Forum Regular

Saycheese is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone want to be a walking guide?

Hi

I spotted this new startup website. It's a fab idea. We need some local guides on there I think.

http://www.beetripper.com/en/

My guests would love it I'm sure!
Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:22 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone want to be a walking guide?

Originally Posted by Saycheese
Hi

I spotted this new startup website. It's a fab idea. We need some local guides on there I think.

Enjoy an authentic trip | Unique experiences | Beetripper

My guests would love it I'm sure!
Hi, there are some local Walking groups already 'up and running' in the area. Also Ayamonte Town Hall used to do organized walks taking in places of interest in the town. I'm sure someone can send you details, regards Bryony.

P.S they do stop for the Summer though as it's too hot for walking.
Old Jul 5th 2015, 7:30 am
Forum Regular

Saycheese is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi, there are some local Walking groups already 'up and running' in the area. Also Ayamonte Town Hall used to do organized walks taking in places of interest in the town. I'm sure someone can send you details, regards Bryony.

P.S they do stop for the Summer though as it's too hot for walking.
Thanks that's great! I would love info
Old Jul 6th 2015, 9:58 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Saycheese
Thanks that's great! I would love info
I'm not sure if this is current .. but if you check out the posts there is some good info. They used to be groups named 'Striders' and also a 'Strollers' group, I think that'changed now.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamo.../#post11295775 post 11

http://britishexpats.com/forum/portu...lgarve-756671/ for info posts

Also CERA have organised some walks e.g Charity walk walks around CE, Moonlight walks etc. So worth checking their site...

Have fun

Jon

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 6th 2015 at 10:01 am.
Old Jul 6th 2015, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by Jon-Bxl
I'm not sure if this is current .. but if you check out the posts there is some good info. They used to be groups named 'Striders' and also a 'Strollers' group, I think that'changed now.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/ayamo.../#post11295775 post 11

http://britishexpats.com/forum/portu...lgarve-756671/ for info posts

Also CERA have organised some walks e.g Charity walk walks around CE, Moonlight walks etc. So worth checking their site...

Have fun

Jon
Hi, just to update Jon's post Striders & Strollers are still active. Striders are on Tuesdays & Strollers Fridays. I will get you some contact details for both of these groups in a couple of days (unless someone beats me to it), regards Bryony.
Old Jul 9th 2015, 6:01 am
BE Positive

Jon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond reputeJon-Bxl has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks Bryony, good to know that Striders and Strollers are both still going strong. Though I think I also heard, like Esurijohn said, that they pause over the hot period. Heres what I got in email from CERA re the walks - below

Jon

MOON WALKS

A reminder that this summer the Patronato has organised a series of walks under the full moon one of which starts in Costa Esuri. Everyone is welcome to join,for more details see the previous email.

31 July 2015:
Urban wiewpoints route
Meeting point: Plaza de España at 9pm. Distance 7 Kms, duration 2 hours.
Level: medium.

28 August 2015:
Hiking in the country
Meeting point: At the end of Av. Blasco Ibáñez in Costa Esuri. Distance 10.5 Kms. Duration 2 hours 30 minutes.
Level: beginners.

Last edited by Jon-Bxl; Jul 9th 2015 at 6:04 am.