British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Anyone in or near cadiz (city)? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/anyone-near-cadiz-city-914291/)

Viequense Jun 25th 2018 4:14 pm

Anyone in or near cadiz (city)?

Hi! I'm a language assistant and have been assigned to San Fernando next school year. I am moving from Madrid. I am older than most auxiares as i am 53. I'm wondering if someone could give me an idea what parts of the area to look for housing in. I don't have a car so must be easy to get a bus to.my school. I love nature and would love easy access to trails besides the beach. I'd also like to be close to a good market or supermarket. Been spoiled in Madrid as I lived right next to mercado maravillas. Looking for a bigger studio but prefer one bedroom. Not too expensive but nice.... outdoor space would make me so happy especially if it is green. Also open to a farm haha.

oh I'm moving in September so hopefully after tourist season is mostly over.

thanks!

Dxf Jun 25th 2018 4:54 pm

Re: Anyone in or near cadiz (city)?

Hola
I live in nearby Chiclana; if you are working in San Fernando then it would be best to rent in San Fernando. There are buses or trains that go to other towns but you would need to check out the commute. Surely your new school will have information to help you?

Davexf

Cape Blue Jul 2nd 2018 10:02 am

Originally Posted by Dxf (Post 12522331)
Hola
I live in nearby Chiclana; if you are working in San Fernando then it would be best to rent in San Fernando. There are buses or trains that go to other towns but you would need to check out the commute. Surely your new school will have information to help you?

Davexf

Is that new tram thingy working yet?

Dxf Jul 2nd 2018 12:48 pm

Hola

If the tram isn't working by 31st March 2019 then 100 million euros has to be returned to the EU !!! My assumption is that yes part of it will be working by then to satisfy not having to return the money!!! Testing is scheduled to begin again in September this year!

Davexf

Cape Blue Jul 2nd 2018 1:30 pm

Originally Posted by Dxf (Post 12525911)
Hola

If the tram isn't working by 31st March 2019 then 100 million euros has to be returned to the EU !!! My assumption is that yes part of it will be working by then to satisfy not having to return the money!!! Testing is scheduled to begin again in September this year!

Davexf

I thought the line had generally been tested and the issue was that no company wanted to run the contract to operate the trams?

I'm sure I saw the completed line in Chic and San Fernando over two years ago.

Classic Spain!

Dxf Jul 2nd 2018 2:37 pm

Hola
There is a problem with a missing sub-station for electric which is why testing was brought to a close. There were other electric problems which I believe have been solved.

Renfe have been awarded the contract to run the tram; before they were awarded the contract they were adamant that the tram could not use the train lines as they were now classified as high speed.
As you say "Typical Spain"

Davexf