Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone living in Alicante city?

Anyone living in Alicante city?

Old Oct 31st 2010, 5:29 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone living in Alicante city?

Originally Posted by tim1963
I live in Moraira just down the coast from Javea. I've tried my best to like Alicante but just can't seem to find anything special to fall in love with. Valencia on the other hand is a city worth taking the time to explore. However, for air travel Alicante is the better option - Valencia's airport is surprisingly small for such a big city and there's nowhere near the options that Alicante has. I've done the trip to the airport many times and in many different ways. Driving of course is the most convenient - exactly one hour door-to-door and parking is cheap. The Denia train is more of a scenic tourist train than a real option. It takes forever to get to Alicante and then you've got to schlep your stuff from the train station to get the airport bus that in turn does a tour of the city before eventually getting there. It's ok to do this once but you'd quickly tire of it if you were making it a routine. The best option I've found is to catch the bus to Benidorm bus station and get the direct airport bus from there. If you get the timing right it's perfect but the airport bus only runs every 2 hours after 4 or 5pm which can mean a lot of sitting around.
Spot on Tim
Old Oct 31st 2010, 11:00 pm
Forum Regular

alig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant futurealig2010 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Anyone living in Alicante city?

Thanks Tim. We did pick up the bus timetable - as we would be relying on this if we do end up further up the coast. I agree that Valencia is a lovely city - they have certainly done a lot to make it attractive and interesting. Perhaps we will put a bit more effort in to get to know it better once we are in the area.