Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone live in Ontinyent or know much about it?

Anyone live in Ontinyent or know much about it?

Old Sep 19th 2010, 7:18 am
  #16  
Forum Regular
 
xxfrecklesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 250
xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone live in Ontinyent or know much about it?

Originally Posted by playamonte
The temp stalls like yourself are indeed often good value & I have on occasion bought some good bits on some temp stalls. (Temp stall as opposed to permanent)
If I need a Genny and ask you is it OK I would expect you to give me an honest answer (as I guess you would)
Yes im always honest wether the buyers are English or spanish...
ps... sold the genny to, got 40...
xxfrecklesxx is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:03 pm
  #17  
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: london/gandia
Posts: 1,163
jonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond reputejonboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in Ontinyent or know much about it?

Originally Posted by snikpoh
Hmmmmm. No one forces you to buy, of course!

The meat raffle, by-the-way, is in support of animal rescue!
That "raffle" is priceless!
jonboy is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:23 pm
  #18  
VFR
BE Forum Addict
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Valencia area
Posts: 1,157
VFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond reputeVFR has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in Ontinyent or know much about it?

Originally Posted by xxfrecklesxx
Yes im always honest wether the buyers are English or spanish...
ps... sold the genny to, got 40...
You done well then
I sell things on occasion & will at best expect to return a third of what it cost new, so 30 for the genny was not an unreasonable offer IMO (no it was not me)
You say it cost 90 new & that was with a warrenty.
So its a cheap unit with a short life span (fact) and its odds on that the currenty new price has dropped to about 80 (or less)

You may well though have only bought it for a standby just in case & therefore it has only had an hour or two of run time, in that case 40 is fair
VFR is offline  
Old Sep 19th 2010, 8:30 pm
  #19  
Forum Regular
 
xxfrecklesxx's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2005
Location: Nottingham, UK
Posts: 250
xxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nicexxfrecklesxx is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone live in Ontinyent or know much about it?

Originally Posted by playamonte
You done well then
I sell things on occasion & will at best expect to return a third of what it cost new, so 30 for the genny was not an unreasonable offer IMO (no it was not me)
You say it cost 90 new & that was with a warrenty.
So its a cheap unit with a short life span (fact) and its odds on that the currenty new price has dropped to about 80 (or less)

You may well though have only bought it for a standby just in case & therefore it has only had an hour or two of run time, in that case 40 is fair

I would of dropped a bit lower to a spanish or english person, but it was a morrocan guy, and I hate how they walk round expecting you to give them stuff for next to nothing, same as when I have gone to a large car boot and they are in the car before ive even put the handbrake on..
xxfrecklesxx is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2010, 7:15 am
  #20  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Posts: 1
davidisom is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone live in Ontinyent or know much about it?

Originally Posted by jollyjack
My wife and I are thinking about moving house (as we seem to do about every few years. We have been in Spain for nearly 17 years now. We are near Gandia, Valencia, at the moment and are wondering about moving to Ontinyent (or maybe even Bocairent). I just wondered if anyone on this Forum lives there (or has lived there) and what their opinion of the Town is.
Hi, We are David and Patricia

We own a town house in Otinyent which we purchased at the end of last year. We had been looking to move to Spain for some time and wanted to find somewhere that was affordable and suitable for our requirements. Ontinyent was chosen after a search of over 100 towns around Valencia we moved out in a circle from Valencia until we found a suitable location.

Ontinyent property prices are quite low as the compared to say Xativa or other towns going towards Valencia and this is because public transport to Valencia means that commuting is not good. This suited us a we needed value from our property. As a town it has everything you would want for on a daily and weekly basis. The only reason to travel outside would be for City shopping and entertainment. There are essentially four eares to buy in Ontinyent.

1. The Old Town Split really into two parts.

This contains the cheapest properties and these are generally town houses either ether refurbished or needing re-furbishing

2. The New town

Where most of the Native seem to prefer having moved from the old town. Lots of Flats and Apartments and some modern townhouses.

3 Urbanisation

Lots of villas and fincas within a few miles. Well priced and this is where most of the expats that are in Ontinyent live. Well priced and perfect for those who wnat to be near to the town but not in it.

4. St Anna Urbanization

The most expensive part of Ontinyent and where most of the Middle Class live. Well laid and with lots of lovely townhouse and villas with all services provided however quite expensive. A Modern home would cost around 400,000


Ontinyent town.

This town really has pretty much everything you could wan for. Modern Shopping Center lots and lots of shops in the main town both old and new. Many supermarkets. Car showrooms, Hospital Markets, Theater the lot.

We moved here because we wanted not be surrounded by Brits. Ontinyent is very Spanish and Catalan is also well spoken. Even the younger generation here do not seem to want to speak English. If you do not have Spanish under your belt you will find yourselves to be quite isolated if you live here. We do not know of many places where they speak English at all.

Of course woth such good shops it is easy to live but to get the best from Ontinyent Spanish Langauge is a MUST HAVE.

This was exactly what we was looking for but for many Brits I think it would be not English Friendly enough.

David and Patricia
davidisom is offline  
Old Nov 27th 2010, 11:11 am
  #21  
Started off with nothing
 
missile's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Posts: 4,946
missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live in Ontinyent or know much about it?

There are several dealers who buy stuff at our local charity auction and then sell on.
missile is offline  

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.