Reload this Page >

Anyone live/knows Estepona?

Anyone live/knows Estepona?

Old Mar 2nd 2012, 8:02 am
Just Joined

MaryM79 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone live/knows Estepona?

Hi all

I have a few potential interviews lined up in Gib, so I am coming to Spain next weekend and staying in Estepona.. (Kempinski).. Any suggestions on where to eat? This is my first break away with my fiancé for 9 months, so any suggestions on where to eat drink are most appreciated.. Sepending Friday in Gib, then bus back to Estepona on Friday night til Sunday..

Thanks
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 8:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone live/knows Estepona?

Try Estapona Port, there is a wide variety of restaurants and bars in a compact area.
Old Mar 2nd 2012, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about

La Pampa is really nice - not far off the roundabout with the fountain - if you go down that road (sabadell solbank on your left) turn right at the first set of lights, take 1st left and La Pampa is the first little street on the right - all of their food is lovely, and the owners are really nice.

If you like steak - la casa de mi abuela is nice - portions are huge - that is one road back from the main coast road, also explore around the plaza de las flores

Also some nice restuarants on the top level of the port
Old Mar 4th 2012, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

dairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nicedairymaid is just really nice

The Irish Fiddler is a nice pub and Petit Paris is a great restaurant......all near the port
Old Mar 5th 2012, 4:45 pm
Just Joined

MaryM79 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all
Thanks a lot! I don't want to come across like I am only interested in food, but this is the first time in nearly 2 years my partner and I have had a weekend together (we have a baby) and I just can't wait for a long and leisurly dinner without having to worry about rushing home!!!
if anyone is still reading this thread, could you let me know if you can walk from estepona town (where the bus from la ligna near gibraltar drops you off) to the Kempinski?? it seems like just over a mile, but then I don't know it there is a pavement..
Old Mar 5th 2012, 5:26 pm
FreeThinker

jimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond reputejimenato has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MaryM79
Hi all
Thanks a lot! I don't want to come across like I am only interested in food, but this is the first time in nearly 2 years my partner and I have had a weekend together (we have a baby) and I just can't wait for a long and leisurly dinner without having to worry about rushing home!!!
if anyone is still reading this thread, could you let me know if you can walk from estepona town (where the bus from la ligna near gibraltar drops you off) to the Kempinski?? it seems like just over a mile, but then I don't know it there is a pavement..
You'll be OK most of the way - Paseo Maritimo to start with then good sidewalks past Carrefour - then you're on to the main N340 to Kempinski - not far and you will probably be able to walk the safe side of the Armco.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 5:43 pm
Forum Regular

Tolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura aboutTolly has a spectacular aura about

if you don't fancy the walk, you could always get a bus from Estepona bus station to Marbella - the bus stops at El Padron (which is the Kempinski stop) there is an underpass to get to the hotel - i believe there is an hourly service - not sure how that fits with the arrival time of the bus from La Linea, but may be worth looking into.
Old Mar 5th 2012, 6:12 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Fredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond reputeFredbargate has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
it seems like just over a mile, but then I don't know it there is a pavement..
A little more than 2 1/2 miles.
Old Mar 6th 2012, 7:35 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

cricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond reputecricketman has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all
The good thing about Spain is that you can take your baby with you for meals out.

We've been eating out more than ever since our baby was born (6 months ago). And the waiters are really welcoming
Old Mar 6th 2012, 7:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

bob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond reputebob_bob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cricketman
The good thing about Spain is that you can take your baby with you for meals out.

We've been eating out more than ever since our baby was born (6 months ago). And the waiters are really welcoming
Much the same as France, Cyprus, Greece, Italy, Canada, the USA and even...the UK then in my experience. As it should be too. New parents are so often fragile, concerned with the opinion of those around them when in fact children are (thankfully) welcome.

Cricketman, never be afraid to talk to a restaurant about taking your child with you, you will find most will accommodate you and the family.