British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Anyone here a student applying for the TIE? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/anyone-here-student-applying-tie-934959/)

hedley_01 Sep 22nd 2020 8:04 pm

Anyone here a student applying for the TIE?

Hello,

I had my friend call the Granada immigration office as he speaks Spanish. He asked them for the required documents needed. For the financial requirements apparently all I need to show as a student is that I've paid my tuition fees and I have enough to support myself for 1 year- around 5500-6000 euro. There was no mention of having to provide 3 months of bank statements. He also said that I could show either a British bank account or a Spanish one. I know a lot of people have said otherwise. Perhaps this is because I am applying as a student? What has been your experience thus far in terms of financial requirements?

I am heading to Granada in 2 weeks so will begin my application once I've arrived.

bobd22 Sep 22nd 2020 8:54 pm

Re: Anyone here a student applying for the TIE?

Originally Posted by hedley_01 (Post 12913146)
Hello,

I had my friend call the Granada immigration office as he speaks Spanish. He asked them for the required documents needed. For the financial requirements apparently all I need to show as a student is that I've paid my tuition fees and I have enough to support myself for 1 year- around 5500-6000 euro. There was no mention of having to provide 3 months of bank statements. He also said that I could show either a British bank account or a Spanish one. I know a lot of people have said otherwise. Perhaps this is because I am applying as a student? What has been your experience thus far in terms of financial requirements?

I am heading to Granada in 2 weeks so will begin my application once I've arrived.

My wife has just been through the standard TIE process (not student) in Malaga. They accepted savings held in a UK bank account.

hedley_01 Sep 23rd 2020 8:36 pm

Originally Posted by bobd22 (Post 12913166)
My wife has just been through the standard TIE process (not student) in Malaga. They accepted savings held in a UK bank account.

OK, that's great to hear. Did she get the account translated? I am assuming her money was in pounds and not euros?

bobd22 Sep 24th 2020 9:07 am

Originally Posted by hedley_01 (Post 12913566)
OK, that's great to hear. Did she get the account translated? I am assuming her money was in pounds and not euros?

The account is in pounds yes and no the statements didn't require translating. I had contacted them by email re this point and they replied that UK bank was acceptable. On the day the lady we dealt with looked at 12 months worth of statements I showed her the email they had sent me. She then called another lady by phone who came out looked briefly at the statements and said all was fine. That was Malaga Extranjero Office, I'm already resident and my wife has an S1 as my dependant for healthcare.