British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Anyone got a Spanish SIM only deal for iPhone? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/anyone-got-spanish-sim-only-deal-iphone-872418/)

ScottieLassie Feb 13th 2016 10:28 pm

Anyone got a Spanish SIM only deal for iPhone?

I'm a Vodafone customer in the UK and when I'm at my Spanish home I have to pay a daily charge to use my data... expensive!

It is also a problem as no company in Spain will call my UK mobile while I am here.

Ideally I would like a SIM only deal to pop into my iPhone while in Spain - does anyone have this? My Spanish isn't quite up to negotiating the Vodafone ES page to work this one out.

lyric030250 Feb 14th 2016 8:08 am

Re: Anyone got a Spanish SIM only deal for iPhone?

Did it yesterday, no problem at all with an unlocked phone. Not Voda though.

ScottieLassie Feb 14th 2016 9:48 am

Originally Posted by lyric050203 (Post 11867108)
Did it yesterday, no problem at all with an unlocked phone. Not Voda though.

Fantastic! Which company/network and do you mind sharing what the deal is and cost?

BigD Nerja Feb 14th 2016 9:49 am

Lots of pay as you go offers, Carrefour and Yoigo I find reasonable. Take your NIE or passport when you go.

Countryboy1 Feb 14th 2016 1:26 pm

As someone else has alluded to, ensure the phone is unlocked!

bizzbie Feb 16th 2016 8:36 am

Originally Posted by ScottieLassie (Post 11867176)
Fantastic! Which company/network and do you mind sharing what the deal is and cost?

Just type "phones in spain" using Safari, but you will need an unlocked phone that is not tied to a network like Vodafone. So if you had a deal with Vodafone it maybe tied to them and not unlocked:thumbup:

lyric030250 Feb 16th 2016 9:01 am

Orange "Collibri"
11,95 € (VAT included)- 1 GB at 4G speed,- Facebook & Twitter without using the data of your plan -0c./min to all operators, 24 h a day 12 c./text(VAT included)
Small connection charge per call .2€

Before the usual start up, Orange is one of the very few that put a signal throughout my campo house.

bizzbie Feb 16th 2016 10:21 am

Originally Posted by ScottieLassie (Post 11866753)
I'm a Vodafone customer in the UK and when I'm at my Spanish home I have to pay a daily charge to use my data... expensive!

It is also a problem as no company in Spain will call my UK mobile while I am here.

Ideally I would like a SIM only deal to pop into my iPhone while in Spain - does anyone have this? My Spanish isn't quite up to negotiating the Vodafone ES page to work this one out.

As I understand it maybe you should be thinking of changing your UK Vodafone to 3 as a:thumbup: friend of mine come to Spain from the UK and has free Data

Bo S Feb 16th 2016 7:50 pm

Originally Posted by lyric050203 (Post 11868921)
Orange "Collibri"
11,95 € (VAT included)- 1 GB at 4G speed,- Facebook & Twitter without using the data of your plan -0c./min to all operators, 24 h a day 12 c./text(VAT included)
Small connection charge per call .2€

Before the usual start up, Orange is one of the very few that put a signal throughout my campo house.

There's a 20% discount for 6 months on this plan at the moment too...

lyric030250 Feb 16th 2016 8:47 pm

Or as it was put to me today pay for the first month and the next two free.

Eric S Feb 16th 2016 10:07 pm

We use masmovil when we're in Spain. They have pretty good PAYG rates.

- Eric S.

Kentishladd Feb 18th 2016 9:03 am

Originally Posted by BigD Nerja (Post 11867177)
Lots of pay as you go offers, Carrefour and Yoigo I find reasonable. Take your NIE or passport when you go.

Did it, but didn't need an NIE. Only been here a few weeks and I have not got one yet. Got a Chinese smart phone from phonehouse and a sim from yogi. Both in Carrefour (El Campello, phone 99€ sim about 30.)

Kentishladd Feb 18th 2016 9:06 am

Originally Posted by Kentishladd (Post 11871281)
Did it, but didn't need an NIE. Only been here a few weeks and I have not got one yet. Got a Chinese smart phone from phonehouse and a sim from yogi. Both in Carrefour (El Campello, phone 99€ sim about 30.)

For yogi read yoigo.

lic Feb 21st 2016 2:31 pm

If you use three.co.uk you can use their feel at home service. Which means you can use your English number free of charge in Spain to browse, call and text uk. You pay for text/calls to none uk numbers

VFR Feb 21st 2016 2:37 pm

Originally Posted by lic (Post 11874364)
If you use three.co.uk you can use their feel at home service. Which means you can use your English number free of charge in Spain to browse, call and text uk. You pay for text/calls to none uk numbers

No one though will call a UK mobile number while you are in Spain.