Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone got any info about Alpedrete

Anyone got any info about Alpedrete

Old Jul 7th 2007, 5:55 pm
Just Joined

madmoomin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone got any info about Alpedrete

Hi...I am so excited to be moving to spain at the beginning of september, I just accepted a teaching job at an international school in Alpedrete...I am hoping to live there as the alternative is Madrid and commuting in, and i believe rent in Madrid is quite expensive?

Is anyone anywhere near Alpedrete or got any insights into what its like?

If not just anything to calm my neveres would be great!!

Mindy
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:05 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anyone got any info about Alpedrete

Originally Posted by madmoomin
Hi...I am so excited to be moving to spain at the beginning of september, I just accepted a teaching job at an international school in Alpedrete...I am hoping to live there as the alternative is Madrid and commuting in, and i believe rent in Madrid is quite expensive?

Mindy
Hi Mindy

Cant help on the area I'm afraid, but welcome to the forum
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:07 pm
Just Joined

Thank you!!

I know its 45 km NW of Madrid, and thats bout it...guess I'll find out whats its like when i get there!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:09 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you!!

I know its 45 km NW of Madrid, and thats bout it...guess I'll find out whats its like when i get there!

Take yer wellies
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Take yer wellies
and my big warm coat?!?
Old Jul 7th 2007, 6:55 pm
Popping in for a chat

Lionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond reputeLionda has a reputation beyond repute

Don't know the area but welcome to the forum Love your name, I used to watch the Moomins on tv when my girls were small

Hope it all goes smoothly for you when you move over
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:44 pm
Forum Regular

sunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to allsunnydee is a name known to all

Hi welcome to the forum. I don't know the area you are going to but I'm also a teacher starting a job over there in September. I'm moving over in 25 days - it's very exciting but so much to do, and there's still 2 weeks 3 days left at school!
Old Jul 7th 2007, 8:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

Im no where near there but looked up these sites which might be useful

http://www.ayto-alpedrete.org/PRINCIPAL/BASE.htm

http://www8.madrid.org/gema/goc/010/

http://www.webalpedrete.com/

good luck with your new job
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:39 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by sunnydee
Hi welcome to the forum. I don't know the area you are going to but I'm also a teacher starting a job over there in September. I'm moving over in 25 days - it's very exciting but so much to do, and there's still 2 weeks 3 days left at school!
ah congratz on the job sunnydee, i'm in kent too! but i'm only going to move out there at the end of the holidays...i didn't plan to go to spain, i was just going to go travelling but then changed my mind last minute!!

And thanks Spain for those weblinks....now i just have to learn spannish to translate them! lol,i must start learning soon..is it hard to learn spannish?

Mindy
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:44 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

i'm in kent too!
I came from Kent too (Dartford), think all of Kent will be deserted by the Brits soon

And thanks Spain for those weblinks....now i just have to learn spannish to translate them! lol,i must start learning soon..is it hard to learn spannish?

Mindy
no problem, you might be able to use babelfish for a rough translation or try this one here
Old Jul 8th 2007, 8:48 am
Just Joined

Originally Posted by spain
I came from Kent too (Dartford), think all of Kent will be deserted by the Brits soon

no problem, you might be able to use babelfish for a rough translation or try this one here
Thanks I think that will be really useful - saved to my faviorates straight away!!

i wonder why everyone is deserting kent ...overcrowded and expensive lol

so whats it really like moving to spain? Is life better? I am kind of scared because its not really been a planned move i applied for the job without thinking and got i, so I think i'm doing things the wrong way round lol!
Old Jul 8th 2007, 10:23 am
BE Enthusiast

SoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud ofSoJohn has much to be proud of

Mindy
Not sure about the area itself but rent in Madrid is expensive (like any big city)
Old Jul 24th 2007, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Thanks I think that will be really useful - saved to my faviorates straight away!!

i wonder why everyone is deserting kent ...overcrowded and expensive lol

so whats it really like moving to spain? Is life better? I am kind of scared because its not really been a planned move i applied for the job without thinking and got i, so I think i'm doing things the wrong way round lol!
have a read through todays posts, there has been a lot of discussion and points raised re the pros and cons of living in Spain - well done on getting the new job
Old Aug 12th 2007, 7:21 pm
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice

Mindy
Alpadrete´s lovely. It´s gone through a lot of development over recent years, but it was one of our top candidate destinations when we first looked into moving back in 2000. It´s well up towards the mountains north-west of Madrid, has a decent selection of shops, banks, restaurants, etc and is about 10 mins drive from the larger town of Villalba. It's a lot cooler than down in Madrid during the summer, but a lot colder in the winter.

It's got good nearby access to the mountains for skiiing and the passes over to the rest of north west Spain, to El Escorial and to Madrid thanks to the sometimes scary A6 motorway. If you're working there there are plenty of nice houses and recent years have seen lots of new development. There is a station a fair way out of the centre on one of the branch routes from Madrid. If Madrid is important for travel, you might like to consider living further in to Villalba, where the branch lines split, or one of the many other villages around the area. As long as you're not on one of the routes used for the mass weekend and holiday migrations, the roads are generally pretty good.

Beautiful rugged countryside and dramatic scenery all about.

We ended up not living there, but lived in nearby Las Zorreras (Galapagar) for 6 months and I'm still fond of it.
Old Mar 31st 2008, 11:29 am
Just Joined

Mark26 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone,
Just wondering if you can help me? Just been offered a job at the Montessori school in Alpedrete and was wondering what its like over there.
Mindy, I gather you have worked either there or a a school nearby? Hows it been for you? Whats the climate like?
Any info would be great! Cheers
Mark

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.