Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone for Cricket in Ayamonte/Huelva Region?

Anyone for Cricket in Ayamonte/Huelva Region?

Old May 30th 2007, 8:15 am
Welsh Ambassador to Spain

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone for Cricket in Ayamonte/Huelva Region?

We're trying to get a cricket team going for sometime this summer in the Ayamonte/Huelva/East Algarve region.

No prior experience essential as the idea is mainly on having a fun 20-20 evening game with beers & BBQ etc.....

We have several players already and are thinking about an end of June date.

If all goes well, we'll want to make it a regular thing throughout the year, possibly involving other regions nearby - Central/Western Algarve, Cadiz, Costa del Sol etc......

Let me know if you're interested

PS: Particularly interested in getting other nations involved not normally associated with the game ie Spanish, Portuguese, German etc

Last edited by Fortaleza; May 30th 2007 at 8:16 am. Reason: Add Post Script
Old May 30th 2007, 8:53 am
BE Forum Addict

MikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of lightMikeCol is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone for Cricket in Ayamonte/Huelva Region?

Hi Fortaleza, we will be out in CE from 19th June-3rd July and would be happy too join the cricket team. Regards Mike and Bryony Collins
Old May 30th 2007, 9:02 am

Fortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond reputeFortaleza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MikeCol
Hi Fortaleza, we will be out in CE from 19th June-3rd July and would be happy too join the cricket team. Regards Mike and Bryony Collins

More than welcome - the more the merrier. That's precisiely the time frame we were looking at - the weekend of the 23rd or the 30th. Keep an eye on here nearer the date for details.

If there's a lot of interest we may look at the format and try and do a round robin type thing.
Old May 30th 2007, 9:08 am

Pam Sarky is an unknown quantity at this point

We dont play cricket but will happily come along to support and for the beer and bbq after
Old May 30th 2007, 9:11 am

Originally Posted by sam parky
We dont play cricket but will happily come along to support and for the beer and bbq after

Nay problem. That's the idea of the day anyway. Not sure of venue as yet - we have three possibilities in 3 different towns
Old May 30th 2007, 12:56 pm
Just Joined

suisse is an unknown quantity at this point

I would be interested in playing when I am out there and may be out at the end of June to complete.

Where are you thinking of playing - is there anywhere suitable locally ?
Old May 30th 2007, 1:10 pm
Straw Man.

Location: That, there, that's not my post count... nothing to see here, move along.
rugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond reputerugbymatt has a reputation beyond repute

Cool idea, wish I could be there, sounds fun.

I have been to the Cricket club in Menorca a few years back, some very colourful characters, and a bit odd that stone picking is one of the maintenance programs!!
Old May 30th 2007, 2:18 pm
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Originally Posted by Fortaleza
We're trying to get a cricket team going for sometime this summer in the Ayamonte/Huelva/East Algarve region.

No prior experience essential as the idea is mainly on having a fun 20-20 evening game with beers & BBQ etc.....

If all goes well, we'll want to make it a regular thing throughout the year, possibly involving other regions nearby - Central/Western Algarve, Cadiz, Costa del Sol etc......

PS: Particularly interested in getting other nations involved not normally associated with the game ie Spanish, Portuguese, German etc
Fort,

What do you mean not associated with the game. We Army types have been helping the Germans with their national team for over 20 years! Their chief umpire is an ex RAF type who works for the Army in Germany, and is the "German" rep on the ICC.

I have to say though that at the last count there werent many actual Germans in the team, or playing in many of their club sides. Mainly sub-continent expats!

But ... we should try and introduce the locals! If I get any leave this year ill come.

Jonathan
Old May 30th 2007, 4:12 pm

Originally Posted by Reptonian
Fort,

What do you mean not associated with the game. We Army types have been helping the Germans with their national team for over 20 years! Their chief umpire is an ex RAF type who works for the Army in Germany, and is the "German" rep on the ICC.

I have to say though that at the last count there werent many actual Germans in the team, or playing in many of their club sides. Mainly sub-continent expats!

But ... we should try and introduce the locals! If I get any leave this year ill come.

Jonathan
Meant no offence, Brigadier.

But let's face facts - your average German is not au fait with the general game of cricket

All are welcome - we have one portuguese, 3 spanish and one morrocan (plus a variety of expats) already involved. Just want more, that's all.
Old May 30th 2007, 4:29 pm
Forum Regular

A & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond reputeA & M has a reputation beyond repute

But let's face facts - your average German is not au fait with the general game of cricket

All are welcome - we have one portuguese, 3 spanish and one morrocan (plus a variety of expats) already involved. Just want more, that's all.
Great idea! I would certainly join in if around, though I am long on enthusiasm and short on ability (batsman of staggering incompetence and v. slow right arm bowler - better at umpiring and at captaincy of the devious, Dermot Reeve type). I'm unlikely to be out much over this summer, though, except for short 2-3 day bursts (about to complete purchase). I'd like to know of any fixtures, though, in any event.

I wish you all the best, anyway - and all the luck you will need. Having been involved in organising junior cricket at club level I know how frustrating running a team can be.

Maybe next year I could entice my medical student son over, as he can actually play.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:06 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Eye up....will there be a Yorkshire team.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:28 pm

Originally Posted by Yorkshire Scratcher
Eye up....will there be a Yorkshire team.
Cheers Geoff.
Old May 30th 2007, 7:30 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Anyone for Cricket in Ayamonte/Huelva Region?

This sounds like Fortalezas "barmy army"!!!
Old May 30th 2007, 9:03 pm
Forum Regular

Yorkshire Scratcher is on a distinguished road

Cheers Geoff.
Sir Geoffery if you don't mind
Old May 31st 2007, 6:44 am
Forum Regular

Reptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really niceReptonian is just really nice

Promotion at last!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.