British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Spain (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/)
-   -   Anyone bought offplan (https://britishexpats.com/forum/spain-75/anyone-bought-offplan-434825/)

SmartiesUK Mar 15th 2007 11:56 am

Anyone bought offplan

Has anyone on here bought an offplan property, moved in and are very happy with their purchase and way of life. I am getting a bit fed up reading about all the negatives in doing it this way and would like some "feel good" stories for a change.

So anyone bought an off plan property and can say best thing they ever did let me know cheers ;)

keithwalters Mar 15th 2007 12:23 pm

Re: Anyone bought offplan

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK (Post 4521222)
Has anyone on here bought an offplan property, moved in and are very happy with their purchase and way of life. I am getting a bit fed up reading about all the negatives in doing it this way and would like some "feel good" stories for a change.

So anyone bought an off plan property and can say best thing they ever did let me know cheers ;)

Yep. Done it twice. Live in one of the off-plans, the other was more of an investment.

Now going through the process of trying to buy a resale house and it is HELL.

jandy44 Mar 15th 2007 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by keithwalters (Post 4521293)
Yep. Done it twice. Live in one of the off-plans, the other was more of an investment.

Now going through the process of trying to buy a resale house and it is HELL.

Sounds a bit rough,We are hping to buy resale,what problems are you having ?:eek: Good Luck

keithwalters Mar 15th 2007 12:54 pm

Originally Posted by jandy44 (Post 4521408)
Sounds a bit rough,We are hping to buy resale,what problems are you having ?:eek: Good Luck

Just the usual - seller won´t drop the price AT ALL, wants black money from us but we don´t want to pay. Where we are the BUYER has to pay the estate agents commission as well as the seller. So an extra cost to factor in to the buying process. The estate agent doesn´t return our calls and it seems she couldn´t care less whether she makes the sale or not. Ho hum.

People may moan about the off-plan purchases, but in my experience it was a hell of a lot easier.

Lionda Mar 15th 2007 1:06 pm

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK (Post 4521222)

Another good thread Smarties :thumbup: I will be reading the replies with interest :)

SmartiesUK Mar 15th 2007 1:11 pm

Originally Posted by Lionda (Post 4521468)
Another good thread Smarties :thumbup: I will be reading the replies with interest :)

Hmmm, lets hope people stay on topic for this one tends to go off in a tangent I have noticed here :) I really want to hear some good news re this buying off plan :thumbup:

derbyflan Mar 15th 2007 4:40 pm

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK (Post 4521485)
Hmmm, lets hope people stay on topic for this one tends to go off in a tangent ..:

Hey you must have been dead chuffed with Liverpool knocking Barcelona out of the Champions League? Who's your favourite Barcelona player? Mine's that fella who looks like Plug out of the Bash Street Kids.:rofl: :rofl: ;)

SmartiesUK Mar 15th 2007 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by derbyflan (Post 4522018)
Hey you must have been dead chuffed with Liverpool knocking Barcelona out of the Champions League? Who's your favourite Barcelona player? Mine's that fella who looks like Plug out of the Bash Street Kids.:rofl: :rofl: ;)

:blink:

Mitzyboy Mar 15th 2007 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by derbyflan (Post 4522018)

:lol:

I bought off plan and I'm happy ..... Does that make me strange?

derek500 Mar 15th 2007 7:22 pm

I bought an apartment off plan in 2004, sold it on completion in 2006. No problems at all.

Mitzyboy Mar 15th 2007 7:26 pm

Originally Posted by derek500 (Post 4522570)
I bought an apartment off plan in 2004, sold it on completion in 2006. No problems at all.

When are you calling me for golf :)
Ooops theres me going off topic again :huh:

derbyflan Mar 15th 2007 8:00 pm

Originally Posted by SmartiesUK (Post 4522473)
:blink:

Sorry mate, that was me trying to worry you that this thread was in danger of going off-topic again;)

Carry on...

derek500 Mar 15th 2007 8:06 pm

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4522579)
When are you calling me for golf :)
Ooops theres me going off topic again :huh:

I'll PM you.

SmartiesUK Mar 16th 2007 9:31 am

Originally Posted by derek500 (Post 4522705)
I'll PM you.

Lets forget this thread it was crap anyway, Ive got three clown loaches in my fish tank has anyone here got more than that :D

SmartiesUK Mar 16th 2007 9:43 am

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy (Post 4522517)
:lol:

I bought off plan and I'm happy ..... Does that make me strange?

Wierdo :D