Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone about in the Moraira/Teulada area? - URGENT

Anyone about in the Moraira/Teulada area? - URGENT

Old Mar 16th 2008, 8:25 am
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice
Default Re: Anyone about in the Moraira/Teulada area? - URGENT

Went to Denia hospital last night, wait wasn't too bad from start to finish was 2 hours, the hospital was ok bit scruffy but we were there at night, need to learn more spanish just felt a bit isolated as couldn't really talk to anyone but still here to enjoy another day in the sun leg is in plaster from just below the knee to the toes, I have torn the tendons in my ankle will be in plaster for 3 weeks then I have to have physio therapy just need to find somewhere to buy crutches We are moving into a new villa next week with a pool and after having such an awful time in the house we are renting at the moment was so looking forward to it and having a party round the pool for my birthday in a couple of weeks but looking on the bright side I wil not be heaving heavy boxes towards themove at the end of the week Hope Shergar is felling ok and give him my best wished

Amber

Forgot to add late night on a Saturday night at hospital casulty and not 1 drunk in sight.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

I'll try and answer the questions
- the hospital staff were nice and yes they seemed understaffed. (loads of patients on beds in the corridor going towards XRay.
- I do not know what sort of break I think they are all bad aren't they? Two doctors had an argument as to where exactly it was broken and a third doctor was summoned to give his opinion.
- Emergency is on top of a slope, difficult to push someone up it in a wheelchair and more difficult to go down I nearly caused Shergar another accident!
- Same question as Amberandjason, where do you hire crutches?
- The doctor that treated Shergar spoke perfect English.

I now need to find a local doctor as Shergar will have to have some blood tests this week coming because he already suffers from bloodclotting and he needs some bloodtests.
Suggestions welcome (in the Moraira area preferably).

Best wishes to Amber, hope you make a full recovery and good luck with your move. Maybe this calls for a meeting for PLASTERED PEOPLE?

Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:42 am
Just Joined

Fresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant future

Hi,
Glad to hear that you got the treatment yesterday.
Have googled again and the Health Centre (centro de salud) comes up.
Centro de Salud Teulada
Teulada-moraira | Centro de salud - Ambulatorio
C./Colón, 45
03725 Teulada
Tel:965740176
Take along the papers you got from the hospital.
This page may also help with medical terms in Spanish and English
http://www.tomzap.com/sp_med.html
Good luck
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:52 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

Fresita,
This is a very good link. Many thanks. I would give you karma, but, alas, I am told I have to spread it around first. Perhaps someone else could do this for Fresita?
Carol
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:58 am
BE Forum Addict

Carol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond reputeCarol&John has a reputation beyond repute

I hope both injured posters have a good recovery. Karma for those taking care of them(Ah, that's how to spread it around!)
Old Mar 16th 2008, 9:59 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Fresita,
This is a very good link. Many thanks. I would give you karma, but, alas, I am told I have to spread it around first. Perhaps someone else could do this for Fresita?
Carol
Done

Ive also added the link to my favorites
Old Mar 16th 2008, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Thanks, Same Difference. Perhaps the link could be added to the Free Beer thread (if there isn't a similar one there already?)
p.s. yes, there is a spanish medical terms link included.

Last edited by Carol&John; Mar 16th 2008 at 10:08 am. Reason: add p.s.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:29 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Fresita
Hi,
Glad to hear that you got the treatment yesterday.
Have googled again and the Health Centre (centro de salud) comes up.
Centro de Salud Teulada
Teulada-moraira | Centro de salud - Ambulatorio
C./Colón, 45
03725 Teulada
Tel:965740176
Take along the papers you got from the hospital.
This page may also help with medical terms in Spanish and English
http://www.tomzap.com/sp_med.html
Good luck

There is also a book called 'tengo dolor' available in most expat areas, which has the right phrases, words for most of the things you would need to contact a doctor or hospital about.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:36 am
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

Well here i am ,all plastered up and still in agony.Imust congratulate my O.H in getting me to hospital.Ifound Denia hospital quite efficiant,definately understaffed,but on the whole very helpful.
The only problem i have is that because my ankle is broken i am not allowed to put any weight on it.i desperatly need crutches as my son is arriving tomorrow and i would like to show him around.i am o.k driving as i have an automatic an my injured ankle is the one i dont need.
does anyone know of a place in MORAIRA or nearby where i can buy/hire them.
Thanks for your support once again,what would we do without you lovely people.
OUCH BLOODY FOOT.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:43 am
BE Forum Addict

A bit hard to keep that foot elevated when driving a car, Shergar!
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:49 am
jdr
RETIRED ;-))

jdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond reputejdr has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Carol&John
Thanks, Same Difference. Perhaps the link could be added to the Free Beer thread (if there isn't a similar one there already?)
p.s. yes, there is a spanish medical terms link included.
I will put this one in there too. ;-))
Old Mar 16th 2008, 11:57 am
Forum Regular

SHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud ofSHERGAR has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by amberandjason
Went to Denia hospital last night, wait wasn't too bad from start to finish was 2 hours, the hospital was ok bit scruffy but we were there at night, need to learn more spanish just felt a bit isolated as couldn't really talk to anyone but still here to enjoy another day in the sun leg is in plaster from just below the knee to the toes, I have torn the tendons in my ankle will be in plaster for 3 weeks then I have to have physio therapy just need to find somewhere to buy crutches We are moving into a new villa next week with a pool and after having such an awful time in the house we are renting at the moment was so looking forward to it and having a party round the pool for my birthday in a couple of weeks but looking on the bright side I wil not be heaving heavy boxes towards themove at the end of the week Hope Shergar is felling ok and give him my best wished

Amber

Forgot to add late night on a Saturday night at hospital casulty and not 1 drunk in sight.
Hope you get on o.k.Good luck with your move and let me be the first to wish you a Happy birthday.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 12:01 pm
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
Hope you get on o.k.Good luck with your move and let me be the first to wish you a Happy birthday.
Thanks not till the 27th so you are definately the first wish I had an automatic car not sure how I am going to work yet, and like yourself the pain is awful and desperate to get crutches.

Hope you feel better soon.

Love

Amber
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:00 pm
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by SHERGAR
Well here i am ,all plastered up and still in agony.Imust congratulate my O.H in getting me to hospital.Ifound Denia hospital quite efficiant,definately understaffed,but on the whole very helpful.
The only problem i have is that because my ankle is broken i am not allowed to put any weight on it.i desperatly need crutches as my son is arriving tomorrow and i would like to show him around.i am o.k driving as i have an automatic an my injured ankle is the one i dont need.
does anyone know of a place in MORAIRA or nearby where i can buy/hire them.
Thanks for your support once again,what would we do without you lovely people.
OUCH BLOODY FOOT.
Understaffing is probably down to foreigners not signing on to the padron.

There is a new hospital being built on the outskirts of the town so A&E will be moved to that area soon - for future info!

Try Help of Denia as they might lend you some crutches or charge a small fee. They are a voluntary organisation that offer this type of service -and do have a limited hours presence in the hospital. They have a website so you can get a phone no of them. I beleive you might have to go to La Xara to collect as that is where their shop is. Check the website though, as this info could be slightly out of date.

Good luck and .......... patience.
Old Mar 16th 2008, 2:17 pm
MnM
luna~sea..its a lifestyle

MnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond reputeMnM has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Shergar and amber,

Sorry to hear about your accidents and wish you both a speedy recovery. I've been there, done that and got the overcoat to prove it

There is a place in Moraira. I can't remember the name, but it's a Dutch company with very reasonable rental prices for most mobility problems. I'm sure they do crutches as well. It is next to S&W tool hire...website here http://www.javeaskips.com/moraira_retail.htm and map to the shop is here http://www.viamichelin.co.uk/viamich...c0&pod=41115c0
Sorry I can't be of further help. I donated my crutches to charity just before leaving.

Wishes for a speedy recovery again

Martha

Last edited by MnM; Mar 16th 2008 at 2:37 pm.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.