Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anyone about in the Moraira/Teulada area? - URGENT

Anyone about in the Moraira/Teulada area? - URGENT

Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:02 am
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone about in the Moraira/Teulada area? - URGENT

Hi folks,
last night, my other half Shergar fell over (not at a fence, for you jokers) and he has injured his foot. I guess now a very bad sprain or maybe broken.
Question: where do I take him where he can be treated under the state system?

Thanks for any speedy replies.

Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:40 am

Same Difference is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone about in the Moraira/Teulada area? - URGENT

Originally Posted by Ex-pat
Hi folks,
last night, my other half Shergar fell over (not at a fence, for you jokers) and he has injured his foot. I guess now a very bad sprain or maybe broken.

Hi Expat,

I am not sure of your ages, but I think for pensioners you are entitled to state treatment. If not pensioners then your E111 should cover you for the first two years in Spain. If I am wrong then someone will be along to correct me, but I have used the hospital on my E111.

Sorry Expat, I just re-read your post and that wasnt the answer you were looking for.

I hope someone can help you soon.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 8:50 am
Banned

septimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant futureseptimus has a brilliant future

Hi folks,

I would have thought,get some treatment free or not its your OH.is he not worth looking after?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:17 am
Just Joined

Fresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant futureFresita has a brilliant future

The 24 hour emergency treatment appears to be: Centro de Salud, C/Medico D. José Pitarch, Teulada. If you go into mappy.com and put the address in you will find directions.
I do not know the area personally I have just googled it to get the information.
Take along your E111 and passport. The treatment should be free.
Good luck
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:33 am
Forum Regular

Ex-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond reputeEx-pat has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help Fresita.
@ the person who suggested I should take him anywhere, paying or not, that was my thought as well but Shergar wouldn't have that. Hecan be very stubborn.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:00 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for your help Fresita.
@ the person who suggested I should take him anywhere, paying or not, that was my thought as well but Shergar wouldn't have that. Hecan be very stubborn.
What are you going to do, do you have transport
Do you have an EHIC card?
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

I have transport and an EHIC.
I am still trying to convince him to come with me to Teulada.

Thanks
Old Mar 15th 2008, 10:12 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

I have transport and an EHIC.
I am still trying to convince him to come with me to Teulada.

Thanks
pm'd you
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:01 am
Forum Regular

Splatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud ofSplatt has much to be proud of

I would take your OH to the A&E department at the hospital in Denia, as already said, take your Passport and EHIC and they will give you an X-ray.

My daughter swallowed a coin earlier this year and a friend, well barman, phoned a paediatrician and asked their advice, they simply said that should an X-ray be required she will end up at Denia hospital anyway.

The front desk isn't that encouraging, but as soon as you get in for treatment they are wonderful.

BTW we live in Moraira so just down the road from you.

Just ask if you want my phone number to chat about anything, here to help!

Ste.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:18 am
Forum Regular

amberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really niceamberandjason is just really nice

Hi folks,

Hi

I couldn't believe it when I read this I am at the moment laying on the sofa with my foot elevated with an ice pack after falling over because of a broken pavement, I live in Javea, my hubby is desperate to take me to the hospital in Denia, I have a lot of swelling and it is badly bruised, I can't walk on it and am in agony, he had to work today so I have told him it is not that bad, but when he comes home I think it will have to be a trip to the hospital. Hope your other half it ok, if it is anything like mine it bl**dy hurts.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Hi all,
just back from Denia Marina Alta Hospital.

4 weeks in plaster from knee to toes.

Thanks to all for your info.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

@ Amberandjason
go on, take the plunge, it wasn't that bad, only 5 hours wait

My OH waited a day to give in and go and now he is regretting that, should have gone straight away he admits!

Good luck, I hope it isn't broken.
Old Mar 15th 2008, 9:21 pm
Dipsomaniac

mikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to beholdmikeoc is a splendid one to behold

Just thought I'd add that all of my family are fit and well and nobody has hurt anything
Old Mar 15th 2008, 11:25 pm
Senior Moment

Hi all,

Oh dear, sorry to hear that .... bad break?
Old Mar 16th 2008, 1:18 am
BE Forum Addict

montgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond reputemontgomail has a reputation beyond repute

Hi all,

Hopefully his plaster will be off before the real hot weather arrives.

What did you think to Denia Hospital - apart from the wait? I have heard mixed reports (never having used it for myself or family), mainly good, but I understand they are seriously understaffed.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.