Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Anybody bought property (Andalucia/Iznajar) to (partially) AirBnB ?

Anybody bought property (Andalucia/Iznajar) to (partially) AirBnB ?

Old May 18th 2020, 10:23 am
Just Joined

LeedsMum is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anybody bought property (Andalucia/Iznajar) to (partially) AirBnB ?

Looking at selling up (downsizing now our kids have flown the nest) in Yorkshire and moving to Andalucia (Iznajar preferably).
We will semi-retire and live off our rental income on an AirBnB property in Leeds city centre, which is extremely lucrative.
Been looking at buying a property in Iznajar hopefully, which we could either rent wholly over the Summer when we take off elsewhere for vacation, and/or a property which has an annexe which could be rented separately.
I'm aware of the tax implications UK/Spain properties, but my question is really about how easy it is to obtain the Town Hall registration for rental (obviously if never rented out before; domestic to commercial).
I believe it varies.
Old May 18th 2020, 1:32 pm

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Anybody bought property (Andalucia/Iznajar) to (partially) AirBnB ?

Originally Posted by LeedsMum
Looking at selling up (downsizing now our kids have flown the nest) in Yorkshire and moving to Andalucia (Iznajar preferably).
We will semi-retire and live off our rental income on an AirBnB property in Leeds city centre, which is extremely lucrative.
Been looking at buying a property in Iznajar hopefully, which we could either rent wholly over the Summer when we take off elsewhere for vacation, and/or a property which has an annexe which could be rented separately.
I'm aware of the tax implications UK/Spain properties, but my question is really about how easy it is to obtain the Town Hall registration for rental (obviously if never rented out before; domestic to commercial).
I believe it varies.
Welcome to the forum.
If I am reading this correctly you will have an AirBnB type of property in Leeds and you are looking to rent a property, or part of a property in Spain too.
For the Spanish part you will need to comply with the Laws in Andalusia.
This is the law you have to abide by.
https://www.juntadeandalucia.es/boja/2016/28/6
This is the explanation in English
The renting of an property in the UK may be lucrative now. But things like cleaning, a key holder, repair costs and a few other things, you can do for yourself now, but not when you live 1000km away. These costs can easily eat into your yields.
Old May 18th 2020, 2:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Casa Santo Estevo
Welcome to the forum.
If I am reading this correctly you will have an AirBnB type of property in Leeds and you are looking to rent a property, or part of a property in Spain too.
For the Spanish part you will need to comply with the Laws in Andalusia.
This is the law you have to abide by.
The renting of an property in the UK may be lucrative now. But things like cleaning, a key holder, repair costs and a few other things, you can do for yourself now, but not when you live 1000km away. These costs can easily eat into your yields.
That's great, thanks fo rthe link about the VFT, though I have read it depends by area as well as criteria (which I am used to as my current let property is a Plus listing which requires inspetion, etc.
All my costs for my current Leeds property will remain the same as it runs independently of me. All the cleaning and maintenance etc is dealt with already, and we gain a handsome yield (more than three times more than a professional £1,200pm tenancy)
Old May 18th 2020, 3:04 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Fault most AirBnB are leaving the market.
https://www.wired.co.uk/article/airb...navirus-losses
Old May 18th 2020, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Hi Mike, this won't affect us as we plan to move in a year or so.
Yes, I recently lost £5k of bookings in the first 48hrs of the Covid lockdown. But then I had a long term booking from a US family stranded here (their flights cancelled), which has been our saviour.
I'm sure travel will pick up next year. AirBnB demand around the world will be back to normal.
Old May 18th 2020, 3:45 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant futureMike Gas has a brilliant future

Hope your right but cant see travel and tourism getting back to normal for years, can see house prices taking a massive hit more so holiday homes,as were bound to get a major recession / depression and mass unemployment.
Was thinking of buying myself UK and or Spain but think I will wait 12-18 months see where things go can always rent in the mean time.
Old May 19th 2020, 8:49 am

Casa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond reputeCasa Santo Estevo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LeedsMum
That's great, thanks fo rthe link about the VFT, though I have read it depends by area as well as criteria (which I am used to as my current let property is a Plus listing which requires inspetion, etc.
All my costs for my current Leeds property will remain the same as it runs independently of me. All the cleaning and maintenance etc is dealt with already, and we gain a handsome yield (more than three times more than a professional £1,200pm tenancy)
Where have you read this information? what did it exactly say? I understand that it is not requirement for an owner of a whole let to seek the approval of the local council.
When you write
which I am used to as my current let property is a Plus listing which requires inspection,
etc are you saying airBnB inspect your property? If so how are the website's requirements fitting into the Andalusian requirements?
Read though the information in the junta's website. It is all in Spanish https://www.juntadeandalucia.es
Anyone who can predict what the world is going to be like has special trick. However, no one foresaw this coming
Old May 19th 2020, 9:16 am
Just Joined

An estate agent informed me the acceptance of the registration can vary between provinces. And it's a requirement for whole properties or annexes. That each Town Hall has slightly different criteria.
Yes, AirBnb inspect my property for provisions and facilities and health & safety. Obviously there will be climate differences for the Registration, eg air con necessary during some months.
All I am saying is that even if my existing Airbnb income in Yorkshire is cut to 1/8 of the current, we will be OK. So it's all good. The idea for a Spanish 'supplement' would be just that - if needed.
Old May 19th 2020, 10:59 am

Agents do not know it all. For example up here one sells property to renovate into a rental or Casa Rural. What they do not tell you or write on the website it can take over 2 years to get the permissions. In Galicia regulations are different to Andalusia. In fact every Spanish Comunidad autónoma has different regulations.
Confirm what is what with the (Horses mouth) Junta.