Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any of your kids going to University in Spain for the first time in September

Any of your kids going to University in Spain for the first time in September

Old Aug 18th 2008, 11:56 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Any of your kids going to University in Spain for the first time in September

I just wonder if any of you old hands who have been here a number of years, In September have any children about to enter University. What are Your/Their hopes and dreams. I know from friends you have to be a bit of a swat to progress. None of this punting up and down the Cherwell...Pronounced Char-Well
on the pinko Your not at Oxford now you have to crack on. So how will they cope....

Please take note of the prices here.

http://www.gostudyspain.es/Photos-Sa...University.htm

Last edited by poshnbucks; May 30th 2009 at 5:39 am.
Old Aug 18th 2008, 2:24 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

EsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond reputeEsuriJohn has a reputation beyond repute
Smile Re: Any of your kids going to University in Spain for the first time in September

Originally Posted by poshnbucks
I just wonder if any of you old hands who have been here a number of years, In September have any children about to enter University. What are Your/Their hopes and dreams. I know from friends you have to be a bit of a swat to progress. None of this punting up and down the Cherwell...Pronounced Char-Well
on the pinko Your not at Oxford now you have to crack on. So how will they cope....

Please take note of the prices here.

http://www.gostudyspain.es/Photos-Sa...University.htm
We were in Salamanca in May and the whole of the University/Religious center is delightful. What surprised us was the distribution in the student population it seemed at least 3 or 4 to 1 Female to Male students and by and large a touch older than a similar group in say Manchester or Nottingham.

Last edited by EsuriJohn; Aug 18th 2008 at 2:41 pm.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 9:16 am
BE Enthusiast

noelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of lightnoelrosie is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Any of your kids going to University in Spain for the first time in September

Our daughter is doing a degree in 'Hispanic Studies with English' at King's College, London and she will be starting the 'year abroad' segment of the course in September.
She will be at University in Sevilla ... she won't be living on campus,and is currently busy trying to rent a flat with a friend, somewhere near the city centre.
I am sure that the link that has been given does not represent the normal price to attend University in Spain if you enter through the state education system, rather something that is run by a private enterprise. Fees at Sevilla are significantly less than those charged by UK Universities (although our daughter has her fees paid under the 'Erasmus' scheme)
Will let you know how it goes ....

Last edited by noelrosie; Aug 19th 2008 at 9:22 am.
Old Aug 19th 2008, 11:36 am

poshnbucks has disabled reputation
Default Re: Any of your kids going to University in Spain for the first time in September

Sevilla is soooooo nice lot of old tapas bars,and Churches Etc. What I did notice when I took Mrs Posh there last year was Spanish is spoken as a matter of course and very little English. Unlike some of the more southern resorts where English is spoken in tandem with Spanish. Your daughter will have a blast I am sure. I wish her all the best and if you have not been to Sevilla already make it soon you will have no excuse not to now. Also leave a little space in your bag for the I can not get items when you come over, I am sure you will be reminded.

Link to some nice pics............No new builds here

http://www.jczinn.com/Spain/Sevilla/...llo_2990a.html