Reload this Page >

Any work for a Window cleaner in this region

Any work for a Window cleaner in this region

Old Jul 18th 2005, 12:30 pm
Just Joined

jb007uk is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Any work for a Window cleaner in this region

Hi,

My mate is considering packing up and moving to Spain and has asked me to find out if there is any work in Spain for self employed window cleaners ?

He has a number of years experience and is a very friendly chap.

Therefore any advice welcomed.

Thanks - JB
p.s. Please mail me direct on [email protected]
Old Jul 19th 2005, 9:02 am
Forum Regular

coralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nicecoralsoft is just really nice
Default Re: Any work for a Window cleaner in this region

Originally Posted by jb007uk
Hi,

My mate is considering packing up and moving to Spain and has asked me to find out if there is any work in Spain for self employed window cleaners ?

He has a number of years experience and is a very friendly chap.

Therefore any advice welcomed.

Thanks - JB
p.s. Please mail me direct on [email protected]
It's dry and dusty with rainstorms that splash up a lot of dust, so, yes, windows need cleaning, unless they're protected by shutters or roof overhangs.

On the other hand, most are either accessible from terraces and balconies, so people clean them themselves or are inaccessibly high in medium-rise blocks of flats.

Has he taken a early/pre-season trip to his prospective destination(s) to wander the streets to look at the market and look at the yellow pages for competition?
Old Jul 19th 2005, 5:21 pm
Just Joined

jimadept is an unknown quantity at this point

Windows open inward so most people clean them themselves. There are always some windows that are inaccessible, but I have never seen a window cleaning service in our small town. You could see this as a gap in the market, but given Spaniards' conservatism I wouldn't burn all your bridges.

As always, unless you want to limit yourself to the ex-pat market, fluent Spanish is an absolute must.

Jim
Old Jul 28th 2005, 3:48 pm
GCM
Forum Regular

GCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant futureGCM has a brilliant future

I think there could be a good living to be made if he offers an expanded service - I mean there are lots of villas that need cleaning and there are lots of older people who want to enjoy their retirement not clean all day and have the money to pay someone else to do the (dirty) work.

There are also lots of offices so there must be some potential. I'd tell your friend to hurry up before someone else reads this and gets started!

Mark

Last edited by GCM; Jul 28th 2005 at 3:52 pm. Reason: adjust wording