Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

Any trusted websites for swapping or buying LHD car.

Any trusted websites for swapping or buying LHD car.

Old Feb 15th 2009, 2:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of
Default Any trusted websites for swapping or buying LHD car.

Moving back to the UK in the summer and I want to perhaps trade my spanish car for a UK one of similar age.
Are there any car dealers in Spain or in the UK that do this?
Old Feb 15th 2009, 4:18 pm
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Any trusted websites for swapping or buying LHD car.

Originally Posted by spainboy
Moving back to the UK in the summer and I want to perhaps trade my spanish car for a UK one of similar age.
This is where this web site gets hard ...

I could mention a company, if I was allowed, but I would NOT touch them with a barge pole (or anyone elses)! They used to have an office in Ontinyent and still do have offices in Denia and Javea.

They are a registered Spanish company run by an English family. They buy and sell both LHD and RHD vehicles. (The company is spherical ...)
Old Feb 15th 2009, 7:22 pm
BE Enthusiast

Solarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to allSolarwhizz is a name known to all

Originally Posted by snikpoh
This is where this web site gets hard ...

I could mention a company, if I was allowed, but I would NOT touch them with a barge pole (or anyone elses)! They used to have an office in Ontinyent and still do have offices in Denia and Javea.

They are a registered Spanish company run by an English family. They buy and sell both LHD and RHD vehicles. (The company is spherical ...)
IS that Square Dealers S.L.!!
Old Feb 15th 2009, 9:07 pm
Costa Blanca lover

BlueChip is an unknown quantity at this point

What sort of car are you looking to trade? I am looking to do the reverse.
Old Feb 15th 2009, 10:55 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by BlueChip
What sort of car are you looking to trade? I am looking to do the reverse.
You'll need to take that offline
He cant advertise it on the forum
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 6:32 am
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

It would help if you said where you are?

There are quite a few dealers near me in Costa Blanca and I have used two, who are very good. HINT, neither are English owned.

There are many London based companies who buy LHD cars. I sold to one and had no problems. Google is your friend.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 9:18 am
BE Enthusiast

spainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud ofspainboy has much to be proud of

Sorry. Im in the Benidorm area. I havent a problem travelling say 100 mile radius though.
I heard about some in the uk but that would be a last resort option as this would be eating into my profit. It would probably cost me around 120 euros in petrol, and then there are ferry fees etc but it is an option.

PM me please.
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:21 am
BE Forum Addict

spain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond reputespain has a reputation beyond repute

I tried this before we left Spain, contacted quite a few dealers in Spain and also LHD dealers in UK......the problem we had (and I expect you will find the same) is that the same cars in UK are a LOT cheaper than the LHD Spanish equivalent, have a look on the auto trader website, that will give you an idea of the prices in UK, compare that to what the going rate is for your LHD and it will be a lot different and people just arent prepared to pay you the difference

In the end I advertised mine on lots of expat sites and swapped with someone who was moving to France....we then de-registered the car in Spain and its in the process of being re-registered in France
Old Feb 22nd 2009, 10:40 am
BE Enthusiast

I guess im expeced to lose some money on it.For example if the car is worth say 9,000 euros in spain but the same car is worth £6000 then if I sell it for example 7,000 euros (2k under) then with the current exchange rate being good for us (from euros-£££) then I wouldn't need to put too much cash towards buying the uk equivilant car.
If you see what I mean.

Ps these figures are just examples.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:02 pm
Started off with nothing

missile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond reputemissile has a reputation beyond repute

I guess im expeced to lose some money on it.For example if the car is worth say 9,000 euros in spain but the same car is worth £6000 then if I sell it for example 7,000 euros (2k under) then with the current exchange rate being good for us (from euros-£££) then I wouldn't need to put too much cash towards buying the uk equivilant car.
If you see what I mean.

Ps these figures are just examples.
I understand your point. Every cloud has a silver lining.

Near neighbours of ours have been trying to sell their house for over two years. They knocked a chunk off the price and it sold in a week. After they did the sums, they were surprised to find they got more £ than they would have got had they sold two years back at their original asking price.

I hope my PM was helpful?

My glass is half full
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 4:11 pm
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Sorry. Im in the Benidorm area. I havent a problem travelling say 100 mile radius though.
I heard about some in the uk but that would be a last resort option as this would be eating into my profit. It would probably cost me around 120 euros in petrol, and then there are ferry fees etc but it is an option.

PM me please.
At the moment you will get peanuts for a second hand car, my relatives who went back this week were offered less than 50% of the amount they paid for thier car only 6 months ago, in the end they have driven back and hope to either register it in the UK or sell in the UK. I did warn them it would cost them to register it, but they felt they couldn't afford to lose the money, BUT, I suspect when they add into the trip back the fuel, tills, tunnel, overnights, food etc, then they would have been as well to take what they were offered.
Old Feb 23rd 2009, 5:12 pm
BE Enthusiast

yeah im not prepared to take less than two thirds of the price i paid for it but I can ask anyway. The only thing to do is perhaps privately sell it for two thirds of what its worth. Second hand cars are cheaper in the uk and if I get 2 grand less for it then I should be able to buy a near enough similar car to what I am selling.
I know its recession but I wount leave the country until its sold even if it takes me a few months.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 9:38 am
zel

zel is an unknown quantity at this point

I might be able to help PM me the details and I'll ask around with fellow traders for you..

What I would do is put it on eBay for sale or trade and see what sort of response you get from it. If you still have a UK bank account/address then you can do it from Spain I'd imagine and that way at least you will be able to get a feel for the market or lack of at the moment.

But my professional advice is if you really do need to get shot of it then sell it for whatever you can within reason as the market for 'normal' cars has died a death so every month you keep it is another month that would knock €500 off the price pretty much.

Last edited by zel; Feb 24th 2009 at 9:40 am.
Old Feb 24th 2009, 10:43 am
Retired and loving it!

snikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond reputesnikpoh has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by zel
I might be able to help PM me the details and I'll ask around with fellow traders for you..

What I would do is put it on eBay for sale or trade and see what sort of response you get from it. If you still have a UK bank account/address then you can do it from Spain I'd imagine and that way at least you will be able to get a feel for the market or lack of at the moment.

But my professional advice is if you really do need to get shot of it then sell it for whatever you can within reason as the market for 'normal' cars has died a death so every month you keep it is another month that would knock €500 off the price pretty much.

Of course, even if you don't and only have a Spanish bank account, you can still do it!
Old Feb 27th 2009, 8:34 am
BE Enthusiast

Mrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of lightMrs eddie is a glorious beacon of light

oooooops sorry mitzy doh !!!!!! hope ur well mate xx

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.