Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Spain
Reload this Page >

any tips on setting up spanish version of uk business?

any tips on setting up spanish version of uk business?

Old Aug 28th 2007, 7:59 am
Forum Regular

Snats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura aboutSnats has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: any tips on setting up spanish version of uk business?

I would imagine that 3 € p/hr is actually lower than the minimum wage allowance which does exists in Spain. I found on web the Spainish min monthly wage for workers 23+ in 2006 is about 540.90 based on av. 40 hr week 52 week year, excluding the fact that in Spain you get 13 or 14 months pay per year (double pay in July and Christmas?) And less than 1% are on min wage allowance, Spain and UK top the league for lowest % of workers on minimum wage allowance. Just as in UK, if you want good staff to work for you, and get the best out of them, motivate and pay nicely or they will go elsewhere.

Which is why big corps are relocating call centres etc further and further east globally to exploit lower wages

But anyway, has anyone got any experience of doing the same as what they did in the UK in Spain, whether employed or self employed, and how do the wages / charges compare?